Week 11 at a glance
11 weeks pregnant is how many months?!
Yep, time is going at the speed of sound, you’ve more weird pregnancy symptoms than you ever knew existed, and you’re already in your third month of pregnancy.
You’re over a quarter of the way through.
In this article: 📝
- Week 11 at a glance
- Baby development at 11 weeks
- Pregnancy symptoms at 11 weeks
- Pregnancy tips at 11 weeks
Baby development at 11 weeks
So, how much has your baby grown since last week?
Your fetus at 11 weeks is now a whopping 1.57 inches long, which is about 4cm.
That’s the size of the average strawberry, fig, or brussel sprout! Er, yum?!
And if you’re wondering what does a fetus look like at 11 weeks?
You’ll see their body is starting to straighten out which means they start looking a tiny bit less alien-like, although their head still accounts for about half their total length!
Their little fingers and toes, which have been previously webbed(!), are starting to elongate and separate and nail beds are developing.
They’re also learning how to clench their little fists (practicing for their first tantrums, no doubt).
And amazingly, their vital organs are all now taking up the right spots and will spend the next 29-ish weeks maturing.
Meanwhile, your baby’s eyelids will fuse shut this week, before reopening for their finishing touches around the 24-week mark.
But enough about the baby — what about you?
Pregnancy symptoms at 11 weeks
You’re tired, dreaming of who-knows-what, and unable to concentrate on anything other than the fact that YOU. ARE. PREGNANT.
Your boobs are getting bigger and feel heavy, and you often feel dizzy when you stand up.
Yep, it’s all normal!
While you might choose to wait a few more weeks before sharing your good news (or maybe you’ve already spilled the beans, no pressure either way), it can be tricky to keep the secret much longer when you’re already going through so many changes.
Some common 11 weeks pregnant symptoms include:
Wacky food aversions and fridge-raiding cravings
If you’re still dry-heaving at the thought of a curry, or chowing down on chocolate cake quicker than Bruce Bogtrotter, we’re here to tell you these food aversions and cravings are all par for the course.
Great news if, up until now, you’ve been struggling to keep anything down.
Time for (another) pee
That expanding uterus is still nestled waaay down in your pelvis so yep, your bladder is getting squeezed real nice these days.
Can you have a baby bump at 11 weeks pregnant?
You may be showing off a small bump at 11 weeks pregnant, but many mamas won’t be showing signs of pregnancy just yet.
Everyone’s pregnant belly will be different at this stage, though, so get rocking that maternity wear if you want!
Can you feel the baby at 11 weeks?
Nope, probably not.
Pregnancy tips at 11 weeks
Wow, 11 weeks already?
Time flies when you’re growing a human, doesn’t it?
Here are some things to add to your 11 weeks pregnant checklist:
- Start thinking about maternity clothes: Your bump is growing, so it’s time to start thinking about maternity clothes that will keep you comfy and stylish. Don’t worry, maternity clothes have come a long way since those big, baggy dresses!
- Check out prenatal classes: From childbirth classes to breastfeeding classes, there are plenty of prenatal classes that can help prepare you for baby’s arrival. Research your options and sign up for the ones that interest you.
- Get creative with pregnancy announcements: If you haven’t announced your pregnancy yet, get creative with your announcement! From cute photos to funny videos, there are plenty of ways to share your exciting news with friends and family.
- Keep up with your prenatal vitamins: Particularly ones with folic acid, as that can do wonders for baby’s development.
Remember, pregnancy can be a wild ride, but you got this!
Take things one day at a time, stay positive, and don’t hesitate to reach out to your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns.
Keep on growing, mama!