Baby girl names that start with F are fast favorites. Whether you’re going with the Flo or Fawn-ing over Francesca, F names are filled with both fortune and fun. From following family folklore to fostering fresh frontrunners, F names for girls have a lot to offer.
Find your first-class fit with these fine finalists.
In this article: 📝
- What name starts with F for girls?
- What are unique girl names that start with F?
- What are old-fashioned baby girl names that start with F?
What name starts with F for girls?
- Faith. Yep, you’ve gotta have it (according to George Michael, at least).
- Fernanda. A name of Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian origin, Fernanda means “adventurous.”
- Fabienne. Related to the boys’ names Fabio and Fabian, Fabienne has Latin origins and means “bean grower.”
- Faiza. This powerful Arabic name means “successful” and “beneficial.” An alternative spelling is Faaizah.
- Fallon. An Irish name meaning “superior,” there’ll be no guesses who rules your house.
- Farrah. “Happiness”
- Fatima. The daughter of the prophet Mohammed, Fatima means “chaste” and “motherly.”
- Fayola. This Nigerian name means “honorable” and “fortunate.”
- Felicity. From the Latin word felicitas, meaning “luck and good fortune,” Felicity was the name of a popular 90s tv show.
- Fereshteh. This popular Persian name means “angel.” 👼🏽
- Flora. “Flower” 💮
- Fia. Short for Sophia, it means “wisdom.” Short for Fiametta, it means “fiery one.” 🔥
- Fifi. Meaning “God increases,” Fifi works well as a short version of Federica, Fiona, and Josephine—but it’s also perfectly complete on its own.
- Fiona. This popular Irish name never goes out of style. It is likely of Scottish origin and means “fair” and “pale.” Plus, Shrek. Need we say more?
- Fiora. A Gaelic name meaning “little flower” 🌸
- Flavia. This name comes from the Latin word flavus which means “golden.” 💛
- Fleur. An Old French word, Fleur means “flower.” 🌺
- Flora. The Roman goddess of flowers 🌻
- Francesca. An ever-popular name, Francesca is related to the boys’ name Francis and means “Frenchman” or “free person.”
- Francine. Another female variation of Francis
- Frankie. Use it as a shortened form of Francine or Francesca, or let this sweet name stand boldly on its own.
- Frederica. “Peaceful ruler”
- Freya. This Scandinavian name means “noble woman.” It comes from Freyja, the Norse goddess of love, fertility, and battle. That’s quite a portfolio.
What are unique girl names that start with F?
There’s a whole range of unique baby girl names that start with F.
- Fabeha. This beautiful Arabic name means “lucky.”
- Fabiola. Meaning “bean grower,” Fabiola was a Roman saint.
- Fable. For those who love a good story, Fable is a great option. The word comes from the Latin word for “tale” or “legend.”
- Fadilah. “Virtue”
- Faiga. This Hebrew name means “bird.” 🐦
- Faithlynn. A combo of Faith (“trust and devotion”) and Lynn (“from the lake”)
- Fajr. “Daybreak” 🌅
- Falala. This Ghanaian name means “born into abundance.”
- Fanta. Made popular by the soda, Fanta is used in various parts of the world. It can be a shortened form of fantasy, or may mean “beautiful day.”
- Fantine. Possibly from the French word for “child.” Fans of Les Misérables will love this name.
- Fanya. This Slavic name means “free person.”
- Farida. This Arabic name is not only unique—it also means “unique.”
- Fatiha. An Urdu name, Fatiha could mean “originator,” “conqueror” or “winner of hearts.”
- Fatoumata. An Arabic name, Fatoumata means “someone who abstains.”
- Fauna. “Young deer” 🦌
- Favor. “Approval”
- Fawn. “Young deer” 🦌
- Fayme. “Held in high regard”
- February. Yes, the name of the month—but so much more. From Latin origins, it means “to cleanse.”
- Fedella. This Spanish name means “faithful”
- Feechi. “Worships God”
- Felina. Could mean “lucky.” Or “like a cat.” 🐈⬛
- Felix. Meaning “happy” or “lucky,” Felix is commonly used as a boy’s name but is just as delightful for a girl.
- Fenella. A Celtic name meaning “fair shouldered.”
- Feodora. This Russian name means “gift from God.”
- Ffion. A Welsh name meaning “foxglove,” a species of beautiful plants.
- Fiadh. Of Irish origin, this beautifully complex name means “deer,” “respectful” and “wild.” 🦌
- Fiametta. “Little fire” 🔥
- Fifer. “Flute player”
- Finleigh. “Fair-haired hero”
- Finn. A name stemming from Irish folklore, Finn means “white” and “fair.” Historically used for boys but also perfect for a baby girl.
- Fionnuala. In Irish folklore, Fionnuala was turned into a swan. 🦢 Her name is a combination of “fair” and “shoulder.”
- Fiorella. “Flower” 🌹
- Fiza. This soothing Islamic name means “breeze.”
- Flann. An Irish name meaning “red” or “red-haired.”
- Floribeth. Blended from Flora (which means “flower”) and Beth (which means “God is my promise.”
- Flordeliza. This name of Latin origin means “flower of the lily” and is the symbol of French royalty. ⚜️
- Flossie. A cute nickname for Florence or Flora, Flossie means “blossoming.”
- Forest. 🌲🌲🌲
- Forever. ♾️
- Foster. As a surname or a gender-neutral first name, Foster means “guardian of the forests.”
- Fradel. This Yiddish name means “comfort” and “peace of mind.”
- Franklyn. Meaning “free person,” Franklyn can be shortened to the cute Frankie. Or go the other way and use the nickname Lyn.
- Frauke. This name of German origin means “lady.”
- Freddie. An adorable option for boys and girls alike, it means “elf” and “peaceful.”
- Freedom. There are several names that mean freedom—Francesca, Saoirse, Charlotte, to name a few—but this one cuts right to the chase.
- Frigg. This name may sound sweet, but it’s got some powerful origins. In Norse mythology, Frigg was the wife of Odin who was associated with marriage and prophecy.
- Frost. ❄️❄️❄️
- Fukiko. A Japanese name meaning “noble child.”
- Furaha. This Swahili name means “delight.”
What are old-fashioned baby girl names that start with F?
And if you’re into some vintage options, try these:
- Fanny. A shortened form of either Francesca, meaning “free person,” or Stephanie, meaning “crown.”
- Faye. A delightful name meaning “fairy.” 🧚
- Felicia. “Lucky” and “fortunate”
- Fern. 🌿A great one for lovers of Charlotte’s Web.
- Filia. “Friendship”
- Florence. This name meaning “flourishing” is given to famous musicians and exquisite cities alike.
- Frances. Or Francis. This classic name means “free person” or “from France.”
- Frieda. As in Kahlo. It means “peace.”
You might also like: 49 Classic Old-Fashioned Baby Girl Names and Their Meanings
We wish you all the best with your choice.
112 women are talking about 'baby names' on Peanut. Download the app to join the conversation.
👶 More baby girl name guides
359 Girl Names That Start With A
85 Baby Girl Names That Start With B
67 Girl Names That Start With C
52 Baby Girl Names That Start With D
100+ Baby Girl Names That Start With E
89 Baby Girl Names that Start with G
111 Baby Girl Names That Start With H
107 Girl Names That Start with I
Baby Girl Names that Start with J
84 Girl Names That Start With K
66 Girl Names That Start With L
Baby Girl Names that Start with M
85 Baby Girl Names That Start With N
82 Girls Names That Start With O
57 Baby Girl Names That Start With P
20 Baby Girl Names Starting with Q
92 Girl Names That Start With R
58 Girl Names That Start With S
70 Girl Names That Start with T
52 Baby Girl Names That Start With U
123 Girl Names That Start with V
80 Baby Girl Names That Start With W
54 Baby Girl Names That Start With X
75 Baby Girl Names that Start with Y
82 Baby Girl Names that Start with Z (and Their Meanings)