Marvelous. Mastery. Magnetic.
Looking for options of baby girl names that start with M? Here’s a list of our favorites.
Your guide to M girl names
M names for girls. Let’s go.
What are the top 10 prettiest girl names?
Here is the top of our list for M names.
- Macie: “A gift to the lord”
- Madeline: A Biblical name meaning “tower.” And for lovers of the sweet children’s series of the same name, you can’t go wrong.
- Maeve: “Intoxicating”
- Makayla: This timeless name is of Hebrew origins and means “who resembles God.”
- Maleah: This beautiful Hawaiian name means “calm waters.”
- Manuelita: A feminine version of the name “Manuel,” this Spanish name means “God is with us.”
- Marbella: This name means “star of the sea” and can be abbreviated to the ever-sweet Ella.
- Matilda: Meaning “battle strength,” Matilda is the perfect combo of pretty and powerful. Plus, if you want a future bookworm on your hands, this may just be the perfect name.
- Mia: Meaning “mine,” this popular name is also a shortened form of Maria.
- Milana: Of Czech roots, this beautiful name means “favored.”
What are popular names that start with M?
- Margaret: This name never goes out of style and means “pearl.” Plus, Maggie for short? Adorable.
- Maria: A Biblical name with a host of meanings. “Beloved,” “of the sea,” and “bitter.” This name has so many variations, including the classic “Mary.”
- Marina: “Of the sea.” 🌊 (Head here for more water names.)
- Marley: This sweet name is Old English for “pleasant wood.”
- Martha: A name that has a classic charm, Martha means “the lady.”
- Maya: The Greek version means “good mother,” and the Hebrew version means “water.”
- Megan: With its Greek roots, this name means “mighty.” Its Welsh meaning is “pearl.” So you may just have a mighty jewel on your hands.
- Melissa: The Greek word for “bee,” the name Melissa has been bestowed on many of the greats, from actors to musicians to writers to politicians.
- Michelle: This version of the name Michael means “Who is like God?”
- Miley: “Dear” and “pleasant.” And of course the name of a famous Cyrus.
- Molly: A charming version of the classic “Margaret”
What are unique girl names that start with M?
And now for some unique girl names that start with M.
- Maaja: An Arabic name meaning “splendid”
- Malaysia: This geographical name possibly means “mountain” or “mountain town” in Sanskrit.
- Malia: Brought to recent fame by a young Obama, Malia is a form of Maria, meaning “rebelliousness.”
- Mabel: This adorable name means “loveable.”
- Marisol: Of Spanish origin, this name means “Mary of Solitude.”
- Marwa: This name, meaning “white stone,” is of Arabic origins.
- Mavis: Songbird. 🐦
- Madison: Meaning “son of Matthew” (yes, it’s originally a boy’s name!), this name carries the shine of a famous NYC avenue—and can be shortened to the adorable “Maddie.”
- Mae: A Roman version of “May,” this name means “mother.”
- Magnolia: As in the exquisite flower 💮
- Maisie: A Scottish form of “Margaret,” Maisie means “pearl.”
- Malana: A Hawaiian name meaning “light”
- Malva: “Delicate”
- Malitta: “Sweet as honey” 🍯
- Maluhia: A Hawaiian name meaning “serenity”
- Manda: An interesting variation on the more common Mandy, Manda is Old English for “loveable.”
- Mandolin: As in the instrument
- Manette: “Star of the sea”
- Marigold: “Magnificent Mary.” And a magnificent flower.
- Margo: “Pearl”
- Marlowe: This gender-neutral name means “driftwood.”
- Maurella: A magical name meaning “dark” or “elfin”
- Maysun: “Beautiful face” 😊
- Mayu: Of Japanese roots, Mayu means “true” and “generous.”
- Mckenna: Of Celtic origins, this name demands respect.
- Meadow: A dreamy name that’s exactly what it says it is.
- Medb: Of Irish origin, this name means “intoxicating.”
- Melody: 🎶🎶🎶
- Meradee: This one means “happy song.”
- Meredith: Meaning “great lord,” this name was made famous by a certain TV doctor.
- Mila: “Miracles”
- Milena: Of Slavic origin, Milena means “gracious.”
- Miracle: Nuff said.
- Missa: “Honeybee” 🐝
- Miyu: A Japanese name meaning “gentle beauty.”
- Mizuki: “Beautiful moon” 🌙
- Moana: Now a Disney classic, this Hawaiian name means “ocean.”
- Moesha: “Drawn out of the water”
- Moibeal: A Gaelic name meaning “lovable”
- Moireach: This Scottish name means “lady.”
- Moise: A Hebrew name meaning “savior”
- Momoka: This Japanese name has a few possible meanings—”peach tree,” “perfume” and “flower.”
- Morwen: “Maiden”
- Mugisa: A Ugandan name meaning “blessing”
- Mulan: As in the powerful warrior. The name Mulan means “wood orchid.”
- Musoke: This African name means “rainbow.”
- Myla: A French name meaning “soldier.”
- Myma: An Irish name with a sweet sound, Myma means “beloved.”
- Mystery: We can’t reveal the meaning of this one.
- Mythri: Of Indian origin, Mythri means “friendship.”
What’s a badass name for a girl?
Here are some baby girl names that start with M and pack a feisty punch.
- Mab: Of Welsh origin, this name means “hilarity” and “joy.” For fans of Shakespeare, Mab is the famous “fairies’ midwife.”
- Maci: Don’t be deceived by the sweetness of its sound. This name is a force—it means “weapon.”
- Mackenzie: A Gaelic name meaning “child of the wise leader”
- Mara: “Strength” 💪
- Marquashia: From the French “marquis,” this is a name for a leader.
- Maxine: This name means “the greatest.” And when the pressure of that gets too great, shorten to the sweet “Max.”
- Melany: Meaning “darkness” in Greek, this name is a perfect combination of depth and beauty.
- Merida: As in the badass Disney princess. (Keen for some more Disney names? Head here.)
- Meztli: Of Aztec origin, Meztli means “the moon.” 🌙
- Midnight: 🌃
- Millie: “Gentle strength” or “industrious”
- Mimir: “The wise one”
- Mimis: Of Hebrew origin, Mimis was the Goddess of the Harvest.
- Mina: A name of Indian origin meaning “joyful.”
- Moa: It means “mother” and what could be more powerful than that?
- Monifa: Of Arabic origins, Monifa means “lucky.”
- Monkaushka: Of Sioux origin, this powerful name means “earthquake.”
- Morgan: “Sea protector.” Now that’s one badass name.
- Morgana: King Arthur’s sister
- Morowa: A Ghanain name meaning “queen” 👑
- Mutia: Of Arabic origin, Mutia means “generous.”
- Myla: “Soldier”
Congratulations on your arrival. We wish you all the best with your choice. 💚
👶 More baby girl names:
Top Girl Names: The Ultimate List
90 Middle Names for Girls
183 Exquisitely Exotic Baby Girl Names
161 Cool Baby Girl Names And Their Meanings
The Most Popular Baby Names on Peanut in 2020
90 Strong Baby Girl Names & Their Meanings
21 Girl Names That Start With A
67 Girl Names That Start With C
52 Baby Girl Names That Start With D
100+ Baby Girl Names That Start With E
Baby Girl Names that Start with J
58 Girl Names That Start With S