So, you’ve got this incredible little person arriving in your life. What better way to honor them than by choosing from one of the many beautiful baby names that mean gift from God?
Our list covers options from all parts of the globe, and includes names that describe, in different ways, how precious a gift your little one is in your life.
Ready to get going? Let’s dive in.
In this article 📝
- What names mean precious gift?
- What name means God’s favor?
- Which boy name means gift from God?
- What are girl names that mean gift from god?
What names mean precious gift?
Let’s start with names that are all about the treasure you’ve been given:
- Akwaugo. This delightful Igbo name means “precious daughter.”
- Alaine. Of Old German origins, Alaine means “precious.”
- Alamea. A name with Hawaiian roots, Alamea means both “precious” and “ripe.”
- Alana. With its Old German roots, Alana means “precious.”
- Anmol. This Hindi name means “priceless.”
- Aziza. Equal parts strength and sweetness, this name of Arabic and Hebrew origins means both “precious” and “mighty.”
- Blessing. Need we say more?
- Callidora. With its Greek origins, Callidora means “gift of beauty.”
- Caoimhe. This beautiful Irish name means “precious” and “gentle.” It is pronounced as Kwee-vuh or Kee-vuh.
- Darina. From its Slavic roots, Darina means “gift.”
- Eudora. Of Greek origin, Eudora means “good gift.”
- Hibah. This generous name of Arabic origin means “gift.”
- Lulu. This adorable name means both “pearl” and “precious.”
- Mattana. This name has Hebrew roots and means both “gifts” and “rains.”
- Mehir. “Reward.”
- Mercedes. More than the name of a luxury car brand, Mercedes is of Latin origin and means “gracious gifts.”
- Nadira. With its Arabic roots, Nadira means “precious” or “scarce.”
- Neo. This name has two equally wonderful meanings — “gift” and “new.”
- Oashni. “God’s precious gifts.”
- Precious. This one is as precious as the name suggests.
What name means God’s favor?
And these options are simply divine:
- Gia. “God is gracious.”
- Giovanni. “God is gracious.”
- Grace. “God’s grace.”
- Hanah. “In God’s favor.”
- Harmehar. “God’s grace.”
- Hanno. “God is gracious.”
- Hans. “God is gracious.”
- Ian. A popular name in various parts of the world, Ian is the Scottish version of the name John, meaning “God is gracious.”
- Ivan. And this one is the Slavic version. Its meaning? Also “God is gracious”.
- Jackie. This popular gender-neutral name means “God is gracious.”
- Jackson. A common surname, Jackson works just as well as a first name. It means “son of John” — and John means “God is gracious.”
- Jaina. “God is gracious.”
- Jamiel. With its Hebrew roots, Jamiel means “in God’s favor.”
- Jan. A form of John, Jan means “God is gracious.”
- Janek. “God is gracious.”
- Janet. The feminine form of John, Janet means “God is gracious.” It might be a particularly popular option for fans of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Janey. “God is gracious.”
- Janina. “God is gracious.”
- Jansen. This popular Scandinavian name means “God is gracious.” You might want to opt for the shortened version, Jans.
- Jayne. An ever-popular name, Jayne means “God is gracious.”
- Jeanelle. “God is gracious.”
- Jenica. “God is gracious.”
- João. This popular Portuguese name also means “God is gracious.”
- Johann. A German variation, Johann is another great option when it comes to choosing a name filled with grace.
- John. A Biblical name that never goes out of style, John means — you guessed it — “God is gracious.”
- Sean. Believe it or not, Sean is also a version of John. With Irish roots, it too means “God is gracious.”
106 women are talking about 'baby names' on Peanut. Download the app to join the conversation.
Which boy name means gift from God?
Here are some special boy names that mean gift from God:
- Adiel. A name with Hebrew roots, Adiel means “ornament of God.”
- Ataullah. An Arabic name, Ataullah means “gift of God.”
- Bozidar. This name of Slavic origin means “divine gift.”
- Corban. With its Hebrew roots, rather than a gift from God, Corban means “gift to God.”
- Davarsh. This name of Indian origin means “God’s gift.”
- Donatello. More than a famous ninja turtle, Donatello means “gift from God.”
- Donato. This interesting Spanish and Italian name means “gift from God.”
- Dorek. With its Polish roots, Dorek means, of course, “gift from God.”
- Gaddiel. “God is my fortune.”
- Jeremiah. “Appointed by God.”
- Jeremy. “God will uplift.”
- Matthew. This Biblical name belonged to one of the twelve disciples of Jesus Christ and means “gift of God.”
- Matteo. If you’re looking to add a bit of Italian flavor, Matteo will be the perfect gift for you.
- Nathaniel. Whether you choose Nathaniel, Nathan, or Nate, you’ll have a gift that is “given by God.”
- Thaddeus. This powerful name either means “gift from God” or “courageous heart.”
- Theodore. With its Greek roots, this classical name means “gift of God.” And it comes with the lovely Theo as a shortened form.
- Ukesh. This Tamil name means “God’s gift.”
- Yanis. “Gift of God.”
- Zebadiah. “Given by God.”
What are girl names that mean gift from god?
And what girl names mean gift from god? Here are our favorites:
- Adaya. This sweet Hebrew name means either “God’s jewel” or “God’s witness.”
- Aldora. With its Greek origins, Aldora means “winged gift.”
- Alya. Of Arabic origins, Alya means “from heaven.”
- Anna. “Grace” or “favor.”
- Anya. As a Russian version of Anna, Anya means “grace” or “favor.” It has other meanings too — “power,” “mother,” and “eye.”
- Benedict. “Blessed.”
- Dolly. Belonging to the inimitable songbird Dolly Parton, this name means “gift of God.”
- Dorinda. “Gift of God.”
- Dorothea. Opt for Dorothea, Dorothy, or Theodora — they all mean “gift of God.”
- Elidi. This name has Greek roots and means “gift of the sun.”
- Godiva. “God’s gift.”
- Iva. Connected to the names Jane, Ivy, and Ivana, Iva means “God is gracious.”
- Jani. With its Hebrew roots, this adorable name means “gift from God.”
- Joyce. This cheerful name simply means “Lord.”
- Medora. This name is a special kind of present — it means “mother’s gift.”
- Miesha. With its Slavic roots, Miesha means “gift from God.”
- Pandora. A character known for her curiosity, Pandora means “all gifts.”
- Parisha. This Arabic name means “gift from God.”
- Shani. With its Irish roots, Shani means “gift from God.”
- Siân. This Welsh name is pronounced Shahn and means “God is merciful.”
And if you’d like to look a little further afield for inspiration, why not try some of our other lists:
30 Powerful Baby Names That Mean Brave
80 Charming Prince Baby Names
47 Baby Names that Mean Moon
90 Sunny Summer Baby Names With Meanings
91 Celestial Baby Names & Their Meanings
100+ Virtue Baby Names (and Names That Mean Virtue)
60 Breezy Baby Names That Mean Sky
55 Baby Names That Mean Earth
56 Harmonious Baby Names That Mean Balance
86 Blossoming Spring Baby Names
64 Baby Names That Mean Ice
80 Radiant Baby Names That Mean Rainbow
101 Brilliant Baby Names That Mean Light
68 Dreamy Baby Names That Mean Snow
267 Heavenly Baby Names That Mean Star
126 Mighty Baby Names That Mean Warrior
30 Majestic Royal Baby Names and Their Meanings
58 Baby Names That Mean Hope
70 Enchanting Baby Names That Mean Night
77 Baby Names that Mean Leader
73 Charming Baby Names that Mean Lucky
40 Nautical Baby Names for Adventurous Boys & Girls
55 Everlasting Baby Names That Mean Time
50 Enlightening Baby Names That Mean Smart
50 Kind-Hearted Baby Names That Mean Mercy
68 Breezy Baby Names That Mean Wind