Looking for the perfect name for your new arrival? We’ve got you covered. Choose from our list of charming baby names that mean lucky.
Looking to wish your baby good fortune through their name? Thank your lucky stars, because there are some truly delightful options out there.
From the Be names (Beatrice, Benedict, Bendito) to the luckiest gemstones around (yep, Jade’s on the list), baby names that mean lucky are filled with charm.
Ready to explore? Let’s go.
In this article 📝
- What is the luckiest name?
- Lucky names for girls
- Lucky names for boys
- What name means lucky charm?
- Baby names that mean destiny:
What is the luckiest name?
Well, how about:
It’s short, sweet, and gender-neutral!
Lucky names for girls
- Iris. This name of Greek origin refers to the classical goddess of the rainbow. Because her job was to deliver mortal messages to the gods, it’s no wonder she could bring you some good luck. 🌈
- Evangeline. This name meaning “good news” or “gospel” has a number of lovely variations — Angelina, Lina, and Evangelina are some of our favorites.
- Beatrice. From its Latin roots, Beatrice means “she who makes happy.”
- Jade. This beautiful green stone is believed to bring good fortune and protection.
- Kiara. A name that many believe to bring luck, Kiara means “light” or “clear” from its Italian roots. Interestingly, from its Irish roots, it means the opposite — “dark.”
- Felicity. From the Latin word felicitas meaning “luck” and “good fortune,” this cheerful name means “happiness.”
- Winifred. Of course, this name starts off with a win. Of Welsh and English origin, it means “holy,” “blessed,” or “joy and peace.” 🕊️
- Clover. You may know how lucky the four-leafed variety are. The name Clover refers to this lucky meadow flower. 🍀
- Octavia. A name that dates all the way back to the Roman Empire, Octavia means “eighth.”
- Amber. While this name sounds sweet, it has a mighty meaning — “fierce.” And what makes it lucky? Well, amber is fossilized tree resin often used for jewelry, and wearing it is believed to bring good luck.
116 women are talking about 'baby names' on Peanut. Download the app to join the conversation.
Lucky names for boys
- Asher. This cheerful boy’s name means “happy” and “blessed.”
- Felix. From its Latin roots, this fun name means both “happy” and “lucky.”
- Quinn. A gender-neutral name of Gaelic origin, Quinn means “wisdom” or “chief.”
- Chance. Quite simply — “good fortune.”
- Bennett. Likely from the Latin benedictus, Bennett means “blessed.”
- Edmund. A name of English origin, Edmund means “wealthy protector.”
- Benedict. Like its brother name Bennett, Benedict means “blessed.”
- Fisher. This lucky name refers to a fisherman. It’s definitely quite a catch. 🐠
- Seven. Seven is said to be a lucky number in various cultures throughout the world — but its meaning as a name goes even further than that. From its Turkish roots, it means “loving one.”
- Arley. This cute name has a few different meanings. From its English origins, it means “hare meadow” and from its Hebrew roots, it means “promise.”
What name means lucky charm?
These names mean lucky charm — or something quite close:
Girl names that mean lucky
- Aintza. A name of Basque origin, Aintza means “glorious.”
- Carwyn. From its Welsh roots, this lovely name means “blessed.”
- Fausta. This one has Latin roots and means “fortunate.”
- Faustina. With the same origins as Fausta, Faustina adds a final syllable twist.
- Fayola. A name with Yoruba roots, Fayola means both “luck” and “walks with honor.”
- Felicia. This merry name means “happy” and “lucky.”
- Felicitas. From the same Latin roots as the boy’s name Felix, Felicitas means “happy” and “lucky” too.
- Fortunata. It’s not hard to see the fortune in this name. It means “good fate.”
- Gloria. From its Latin roots, Gloria means “immortal glory,” “praise,” and “honor.”
- Kiaria. A lyrical name of Japanese origin, Kiaria means “fortunate.”
- Lakshmi. From its Sanskrit roots, Lakshmi means “good omen.” She’s also one of the main Hindu goddesses.
- Machiko. This sweet Japanese name has a few different meanings depending on which kanji are used. One of our favorite meanings is “true, wisdom, child.”
- Ottilie. This interesting French name means “prosperous in battle” and “wealth.”
- Sadiya. A beautiful name with Arabic roots, Sadiya means “lucky” or “fortunate.”
- Shreya. As one of the names of the Hindu goddess Lakshmi, Shreya means “good omen.”
- Taaliyah. From its Arabic roots, Taaliyah means “God’s gift.” Spelled as “Taliah,” it harks back to Hebrew origins and means “lamb.”
- Ventura. With its Spanish roots, Ventura means “good fortune.”
- Victoria. It’s not hard to see that victory is a big part of this mighty name.
- Yuki. This popular Japanese name has a few different meanings. Beyond its meaning “happiness,” it also means “snow” or “snow flower.” ❄️
- Zada. From its Arabic roots, Zada means “prosperous” or “fortunate.” Zaida is an alternative version.
Boy names that mean lucky
- Behrooz. A name with Persian roots, Behrooz means “prosperous.”
- Bendito. This sweet name means “blessed.”
- Bonaventure. With its Latin origins, Bonaventure means “good fortune.”
- Boniface. This one comes from Latin roots too and means “fortunate” or “promising.”
- Boone. This sweet name simply means “good.”
- Chauncey. From Latin roots, Chauncey refers to a chancellor, but also means “good fortune” or “gamble.”
- Fausto. Like the feminine versions Fausta and Faustina, Fausto means “fortunate.”
- Feliz. Take a different spin on Felix, and this one’s just as lucky.
- Fortunato. From its Old French roots, this lucky name sounds like its meaning.
- Gadiel. This name has Arabic roots and means “God is my fortune.”
- Halona. With its Native American origins, Halona means “of happy fortune.”
- Madoc. Of Welsh origin, Madoc has a few different meanings, including “charitable” and “fortunate.”
- Maximilian. Maximilian — and its sweet and short Max — simply means “the greatest.”
- Parvaiz. With its Persian roots, Parvaiz means “lucky” or “happy.”
- Saad. A name of Arabic origin, Saad means “good luck.”
- Sadah. “Most fortunate.”
- Sa’Id. Also of Arabic roots, Sa’Id means “blessed” and “happy.”
- Selig. This name has Old German roots and means “blessed.”
- Veasna. A name of Cambodian roots, Veasna means “the one who is lucky or fortunate.”
- Venturi. “Good luck.”
- Venturo. And like Venturi, Venturo means “good luck.”
- Viktor. This name is simply a winner.
Baby names that mean destiny:
- Bedisa. “Fated to be here.”
- Dalia. A name popular in Lithuania, Dalia means “destiny” or “fate.”
- Destiny. Enough said.
- Kader. With its Turkish roots, Kader means “fate” or “destiny.”
- Karma. This has Sanskrit roots and also means “fate” or “destiny.”
- Kismet. From the Arabic word “qisma,” Kismet means “fate.”
- Moira. An English version of the Irish name Máire, Moira means “destiny.”
- Serendipity. This name was just meant to happen.
- Syntyche. A name with Greek roots, Syntyche means “with fate.”
- Urd. This name of Old Norse roots means “fate.”
Feeling lucky? Why not expand your search further afield by exploring our other lists:
30 Powerful Baby Names That Mean Brave
47 Baby Names that Mean Moon
80 Charming Prince Baby Names
90 Sunny Summer Baby Names With Meanings
100+ Virtue Baby Names (and Names That Mean Virtue)
56 Harmonious Baby Names That Mean Balance
64 Baby Names That Mean Ice
101 Brilliant Baby Names That Mean Light
267 Heavenly Baby Names That Mean Star
126 Mighty Baby Names That Mean Warrior
67 Baby Names That Mean Ocean
30 Majestic Royal Baby Names and Their Meanings
68 Dreamy Baby Names That Mean Snow
91 Celestial Baby Names & Their Meanings
58 Baby Names That Mean Hope
60 Breezy Baby Names That Mean Sky
86 Blossoming Spring Baby Names
41 Baby Names That Mean King for Your Newest VIP
79 Refreshing Baby Names That Mean Rain
77 Baby Names that Mean Leader
40 Nautical Baby Names for Adventurous Boys & Girls
55 Everlasting Baby Names That Mean Time
50 Kind-Hearted Baby Names That Mean Mercy
50 Enlightening Baby Names That Mean Smart
68 Breezy Baby Names That Mean Wind