Save yourself the trip to the doctor’s office with the best pediatric telehealth platforms, for a fraction of the cost. Enter: Blueberry Pediatrics.
Getting your little one out of the house to the doctor’s office when they’re under the weather can be tricky.
That’s where access to an online pediatrician can make things so much easier.
But how do you know which telehealth services are safe for little ones?
Let’s find out.
In this article: 📝
- What is telehealth?
- What should I look for in a telehealth platform?
- What is Blueberry Pediatrics?
What is telehealth?
First off, what is telehealth?
Telehealth is a broad term for healthcare services that happen online.
The most common types of telehealth include virtual visits, video consultations, remote monitoring, and patient-to-provider messaging.
Telehealth can be great for parents ‒ more convenient and affordable compared to a nighttime urgent care visit.
However, not all telehealth services are able to safely treat kids.
Interested in learning which telehealth platforms can safely provide care for your kids? Read on…
What should I look for in a telehealth platform?
There are lots of different telehealth platforms out there, and it can be hard to pick the one that’s right for your family.
Some things to look for when choosing a pediatric telehealth platform include:
- Speed of seeing a pediatrician: Instead of booking an appointment with your doctor in person, make sure you find a pediatric telehealth provider that can get you an appointment within the hour.
- Ease of booking an appointment: You no longer need to wait to see a pediatrician! Several telehealth providers offer immediate on-demand appointments, and easy-to-use apps. This can make getting in touch with a pediatrician so much easier.
- Access to a board-certified pediatrician 24/7: One of the main benefits of an online pediatrician is that you can get an appointment at any time, day or night. Another is to make sure the service is staffed with pediatricians. Many telehealth providers only staff their service with doctors used to treating adult patients.
- Simple costs: Some telehealth providers can have hidden fees for after-hours or for a certain number of online appointments, so it’s worth finding one with no extra costs.
- Range of pediatric illnesses they can treat from home: The best pediatric telehealth services provide home medical devices that can diagnose the most common childhood illnesses, like ear infections, croup, or strep. Without these devices, you may end up paying for both a telemedicine visit and an urgent care visit.
And our Peanut mamas’ favorite pediatrics telemedicine provider is a clear winner: Blueberry Pediatrics.
What is Blueberry Pediatrics?
Blueberry Pediatrics is a pediatric telehealth service specifically designed for parents to help them manage their children’s health.
If your child’s not well, simply open the Blueberry Pediatrics app, answer some quick questions about how they’re feeling, and within minutes, you’ll connect with a board-certified pediatrician for a diagnosis, treatment, and doctor’s note.
The best part? Blueberry Pediatrics is available 24/7, so you can get the support you need even in the middle of the night.
Why is Blueberry Pediatrics a top telehealth provider?
It’s no surprise Blueberry Pediatrics is the top-rated among our mamas of Peanut.
Here are their top reasons why:
- Access 24/7, 365 days a year: Text, call, or video chat with the Blueberry Pediatrics team of world-class pediatricians at any time, throughout the year.
- No hidden fees: A Blueberry Pediatrics membership includes unlimited access to online appointments. They never charge for visits, and you’re never on the hook for surprise copays or deductibles.
- Easy to use: Just download the Blueberry Pediatrics app, answer the quick questions, and you’ll get in touch with a pediatrician in minutes.
- Great gift for new parents: You don’t have to get Blueberry Pediatrics for yourself ‒ you can also get it for other new parents!
- See a pediatrician quickly: When your little one is sick, you want to see a medical professional as soon as possible ‒ with Blueberry Pediatrics, you can see someone (virtually) within minutes.
- Run tests at home: Blueberry sends a home exam medical kit with an oximeter, ear scope, and thermometer! This enables your pediatricians to collect vitals and run tests from the comfort of your home. The same tests that you would normally have to take your child to urgent care for!
- Your own care team: With Blueberry Pediatrics, you’ll have your very own Blueberry care team, who know your child and their medical history.
- Beloved by mamas: The Blueberry Pediatrics app has 4.8 out of 5 stars on the Apple App Store, along with hundreds of positive reviews on Facebook from real parents.
When you’re a parent, you want to be able to give your child the best care possible.
Pediatric telehealth can be the perfect solution.
After all, according to Blueberry Pediatrics, every child deserves world-class pediatric care.
Interested in finding out more about Blueberry Pediatrics? Check out their website.