On the hunt for unique, cool baby boy names you won’t find anywhere else?
Check out our list of rare and cool boy names, with their meanings.
Naming your little guy sets the tone for their grand entrance into the world and their life ahead.
With plenty of cool baby boy names out there, you can find one that you love that also carries a special meaning.
What matters most of all is that you fall in love with the name and have it ready to go when your babe arrives.
And we’re here to help!
Our list of over 230 cool baby boy names and their meanings includes unique boy names and popular but cool boy names.
Chances are you’ll see something on our list that you adore — and some names that you haven’t seen anywhere else.
In this article: 📝
- What are cool and unique names for a boy?
- What are some unique boy names?
- Popular cool boy names
- What is the rarest boy name?
- What are some badass names for a boy?
- What are some edgy boy names?
What are cool and unique names for a boy?
Picking a cool name doesn’t have to be always the most popular boys’ names — some on this list, you might recognize, but others are truly unique.
Check out these cool names that have a boho zing to them.
These are unique boy names for those who want something fun, light-hearted, and downright cool.
- Leo: Lion. 🦁
- Ace: Because your cool little boy is number one!
- Asher: Happy.
- Kit: Bearing Christ.
- Sullivan: Dark eyes.
- Kian: Ancient.
- Tucker: All heart, fabric pleater.
- Reed: Red-haired. 🧑🦰
- Brody: Muddy place.
- Tristan: Bold, riot.
- Owen: Young warrior, noble.
- Ashish: Blessing from God.
- Ross: Headland, horse.
- Duke: The leader.
- Charlie: Free man.
- Romeo: Roman person.
- Maverick: Nonconformist.
- Gustavo: Royal staff.
- Beck: Brook, stream.
- Miles: Soldier.
- Trevor: Homestead, ambitious.
- Brett: From Britain.
- Maddox: Fortunate, mad.
- Archer: Bowman.
- Ravi: Sun. ☀️
- Jett: Jet black, stone, airplane.
- Karl: Free man, strong man.
- Bruce: The willowlands.
- Hans: God is gracious.
- Jack: Healthy, strong, full of energy.
- Connor: Lover of wolves. 🐺
- Terrance: Heart. 💖
- Jamin: Son of the right hand.
- Maxwell: Max’s spring or stream.
- Abishek: Bathing to God, shower of milk.
- Oscar: Friend of deer.
- Griffin: Strong lord, mythical creature.
- West: Western stream.
- Marlon: Little warlike one.
- Wyatt: Brave at war.
What are some unique boy names?
If you’re on the hunt for cute boy names that won’t match everyone else in his preschool class, consider one of these cool names for boys.
How unique a name is depends on when you ask the question.
Name popularity rises and falls with the times, with some names heading from obscurity to popularity in the space of a few years.
Take the name Elio, for example. From a humble 1082nd place in 2020, it rose to position 842 of the most popular names for boys the following year.
And then there’s the lovely name Amiri, which went up a whopping 534 places.
Whichever of these unique names you choose, you know he’ll stand out from the crowd — in the best way.
- Casimir: Bringer of peace.
- Arlo: Fortified hill.
- Gian: God is gracious.
- Iggy: Fiery. 🔥
- Selma: Beautiful view.
- Banks: Lives by the riverbank.
- Zaire: River that swallows all rivers.
- Elio: Sun.
- Branch: Paw, extension, path.
- Evander: Strong man.
- Bridger: Lives near a bridge.
- Colter: One who looks after horses.
- Amiri: Princely, east wind.
- Khai: Royalty.
- Jiraiya: Young thunder.
- Palmer: He who holds the palm.
- Onyx: Black gemstone.
- Harrison: Son of Harry.
- Cillian: Bright-headed.
- Wylder: Untamed.
- Lennox: With many elm trees.
- Kiley: Curved, boomerang.
- Lance: Servant.
- Jonas: Dove. 🕊️
- Koen: Brave, bold.
- Ozzy: Divine power, deer lover, champion warrior.
- Eliam: People of God.
- Loyal: Enough said!
- Camilo: Priest-helper.
- Bear: Just plain cool. 🐻
- Edmar: Wealthy sea.
- Montana: Mountain. ⛰️
- Niko: Victory of the people.
- Zane: God is gracious.
- Curtis: Polite, courteous.
- Zephyr: West wind.
- Jonah: Dove, pigeon.
- Jay: Win, victory. 🏆
- Micah: Who is like God.
- Emilio: Rival, trying to excel.
- Quinn: Counsel.
- Rex: King.
- Ajani: The victor.
- Grayson: Son of the gray one.
- Jameson: Son of James.
- Sherlock: Bright hair.
- Cash: Like the legendary singer, Johnny Cash.
- Luca: Light, sacred wood.
- Everett: Brave, strong boar. 🐗
- Ethan: Strong and firm.
- Landon: Long hill.
- Mitchell: Who is like God.
- Nowell: Christmas, birth.
- Augustine: To increase.
- Reece: Enthusiasm.
- Jake: Supplanter.
- Tashi: Good fortune, auspicious.
- Devin: Fawn, poet.
- Jackson: Son of Jack.
- Zubin: Something that touches the sky.
- Jace: Healer.
- Esteban: Crown. 👑
- Ford: River crossing.
- Russell: Red-haired.
What is a powerful unique name for a boy?
If you want your boy to be one-of-a-kind and leader of the pack, then check out these unique baby boy names that pack a power punch:
- Aimilios: A name in the same family as the popular name Emily, Aimilios has Greek roots and means “strength.”
- Amell: This one has German roots and means “the strength of an eagle.”
- Ansaldo: This mighty name with Germanic roots means “the power of God.”
- Arsenio: With its Greek roots, Arsenio means “manly” and “strong.”
- Buggi: Don’t be fooled by the cute sound of this name. From its Nordic roots, it means “powerful man.”
- Chasin: This Hebrew name simply means “strong.”
- Egon: This mighty little German name means “strong with a sword.”
- Farrell: An Irish surname, this powerful name means “man of valor.”
- Fermin: With its Spanish roots, Fermin means “strong.”
- Hariric: From Germanic origins, Hariric means “powerful army.”
- Honovi: A mighty name with Hopi roots, Honovi means “strong deer.”
- Idris: Fans of Mr. Elba might find this a fitting option. It has Arabic roots and means “smart.”
- Imre: From Hungarian roots, Imre means “strength.”
- Malthe: This one has Danish roots and means “rule” or “have power.”
- Meinrad: With German roots, Meinrad means “strong advisor.”
- Nero: This supremely powerful Latin name refers to the Roman emperor and means “stern.” (So that you can make an informed decision, he was the emperor who fiddled while Rome burned.)
- Osiris: In Egyptian mythology, Osiris is the god of both life and death. That’s pretty powerful.
- Pruitt: With its English roots, Pruitt means “brave one.”
- Tedmond: Meaning “protector of the land,” this English name can be shortened to the adorable Teddy.
- Zale: With its Greek origins, Zale means “sea strength.”
What is a cute unique boy name?
And now it’s time to explore cute unique boy names for your little peanut.
- Artemis: “Twin of Apollo” or “butcher”
- Atlas: “To carry”
- Bodhi: “Enlightenment”
- Chett: “Fortress”
- Cosmo: “Order” and “beauty”
- Deacon: “Messenger”
- Darcy: “Dark-haired”
- Enzo: “Home ruler”
- Fergus: “Highest choice”
- Jaspah: “Bearer of treasure”
- Kovan: “King” or “priest”
- Langston: “Long stone”
- Leor: “I have light.”
- Mars: “God of war”
- Nio: “Bright,” “new” or “well born”
- Pepper: “Hot spice” 🌶️
- Phineas: “Oracle” or “serpent’s mouth”
- Quill: 🖋️
- Quincy: “Fifth”
- Remy: “Oarsman”
- Rio: “River”
- Silas: “Forest”
- Story: We probably don’t need to tell you this tale.
- Taurus: “Bull-like”
- Tennyson: “Son of Dennis”
- Vance: “Marshland”
- Ziggy: “Victorious protector”
Find new friends nearby
A connection is made every 3 seconds on Peanut.
Popular cool boy names
While the boy names that top the charts fluctuate, there are some popular boy names that remain on the podium year after year.
Here are some baby boy names that are bound to be cool for many years to come.
- Liam: Strong-willed warrior, protector.
- Noah: Rest, comfort.
- Henry: Home ruler. 🏠
- Oliver: Olive tree planter.
- Joseph: He will add.
- William: Resolute protector, warrior.
- David: Beloved.
- Lucas: Bringer of light.
- Levi: United, joined in harmony.
- Theodore: Gift of God.
- Aiden: Little fire.
- Sebastian: Revered, vulnerable.
- Mateo: Gift of God.
- Isaac: He laughs.
- Thomas: Twin.
- James: One who follows, supplanter.
- Marco: Warlike.
- Ezra: Helper.
- Jayden: Thankful, God will judge.
- Andrew: Strong and manly.
- Lincoln: Lake colony.
- Elijah: Jehovah is my God.
- Stirling: High quality.
- Benjamin: Son of the right hand.
- Lawson: Son of Lawrence.
- Logan: Little hollow.
- Aston: Eastern settlement.
- Dean: Valley.
- Jacob: Supplanter, to follow.
- Christopher: Anointed, Christ-bearer.
- Colten: Forged from coal.
- Ryan: Little king.
- Jai: Victory.
- Cameron: Crooked river, crooked nose.
- Easton: Enclosure, settlement.
- Jordan: To flow down, descend.
- Dominic: Belonging to God.
- Parker: Park keeper.
- Patrick: Nobleman, ruler.
- Gabe: God is my strength. 💪
What is the rarest boy name?
The rarest baby boy name is Rome, but other rare baby boy names include Chester, Henley, and Maynard.
Finding a rare baby boy name means discovering a unique fit for your little one.
Throughout their life, they’ll have a special spot in the world and likely won’t meet too many others with their moniker.
Rare cool boy names
Sometimes the most unique boy names are ones that draw inspiration from different parts of the world.
Check out these rare boy names you probably haven’t seen before.
- Basil: Brave, fearless.
- Colton: Settlement, coal town.
- Zayden: Growth, increase.
- Elie: God is my help.
- Marv: Great Lord.
- Rome: After the Italian city.
- Reggie: Ruler’s advisor.
- Thor: After the God of thunder.
- Landen: The long hill.
- Brogan: Sturdy shoe. 👞
- Leonidas: Lion strength.
- Maynard: Strength.
- Moses: To pull out of water.
- Arvin: People’s friend.
- Lester: Walled city, Roman town.
- Dillon: Loyal, like a lion.
- Thaddeus: Courageous heart.
- Tripp: The third.
- Chester: Camp of soldiers.
- Guy: Leader, guide.
- Ward: Civil guard, keeper of the watch.
- Carver: One who carves wood.
- Milo: Soldier, merciful.
- Keith: Wood, forest.
- Scout: To listen.
- Zaxton: Gift of God.
- Mack: Greatest, son.
- Alden: Old friend.
- Washington: From the intelligent one’s farm.
- Dennis: Follower of Dionysus.
- Beau: Beautiful.
- Irving: Green, fresh water.
- Dax: Leader.
- Quaid: Son of Uad.
- Xander: Defender of man.
- Wolf: Perfect if he’s howling at the moon.
- Randall: Protected, shield. 🛡️
- Damon: To overpower.
- Kai: Sea, shell, warrior, or earth.
- Henley: High meadow.
- Ryder: Horseman, rider. 🐎
- Ray: Wise protector.
- Gillean: Servant of Saint John.
- Thurman: Thor’s protection. ⚡
- Riaz: Garden, meadow.
- Linden: Tree of the genus Tilla.
Find new friends nearby
A connection is made every 3 seconds on Peanut.
What are some badass names for a boy?
A badass name for a boy is Maverick, but other badass names include Lennox, Thor, Jace, and Xander.
If the name you choose sounds tough and original, that’s a great combination for a badass name.
With a cool baby boy name like this, your son will be ready to take on the world.
What are some edgy boy names?
Edgier unique boy names include Kai, Wolf, Dax, Jett, and Mack.
These names have a cool sound to them and are different from other names that top the popularity charts.
Great modern names and even some older ones can be rehashed to bring flair and personality to your son’s name.
There you have it ‒ our top 237 unique and cool boy names, perfect for your little peanut.
Found a few but want a second opinion? Join our Peanut community of other moms-to-be to share your favorites.
Stay cool, mama.