Looking for the perfect way to capture your daughter’s magic? These Daughter’s Day quotes are just the ticket.
Daughters. Equal part miraculous, mesmerizing, and (sometimes) mayhem-making.
Yep, life with daughters is anything but boring.
Thank goodness there’s a special day to celebrate this marvel.
From the words of artists, thinkers, and leaders the world over, these charming Daughter’s Day quotes offer a full menu when it comes to honoring them.
In this article: 📝
- What do you say on Daughter’s Day?
- How can I wish my daughter Happy Daughter’s Day?
- Daughters Day quotes that speak to their magic
- Daughters Day quotes that celebrate mama-daughter love
- Daughters Day quotes from songs
- Inspirational Daughters Day quotes
- Humourous Daughter’s Day quotes
What do you say on Daughter’s Day?
How you express your love for your daughter on this day — or at any time — is up to you.
But the wise words of others are certainly one way to get to the heart of this most marvelous matter.
Daughter’s Day was started in India by Archies, a greeting cards and gifts company.
The annual date? The last Sunday of every month.
From being a national celebration, it now joins the ranks of Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and, yes, Son’s Day as a worldwide celebration.
In multiple countries, including the United States, Daughter’s Day is now celebrated on a fixed date every year: the 25th of September.
(Psst. In 2022, Daughters Day will be celebrated on the 25th of September across the globe. That’s because the last Sunday of September happens to fall on this day. Magic.)
How can I wish my daughter Happy Daughter’s Day?
If you’re looking for the perfect note to add to a note in a card, here are our favorite National Daughter’s Day quotes.
From music and movies, literature, and life, some of these quotes were written with daughters in mind while others do a perfect job of telling them just how you feel.
Daughters Day quotes that speak to their magic
- “Your smile is charming, your laughter is infectious. You are a stunning woman and above all, you are my daughter.” — Unknown
- “Angels are often disguised as daughters.” — Unknown
- “Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes, and the objects of our most watchful love.” — Margaret E. Sangster
- “A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous… full of beauty and forever beautiful… loving and caring and truly amazing.” — Deanna Beisser
- “Daughter, there are not enough words to tell you how much I love you!” — Catherine Pulsifer
- “You are the woman who came into my life unexpectedly, whose presence kissed my soul.” — Marisa Donnelly
- “Having a daughter brought life to a part of my heart that I never knew existed.” — Brenda Kosciuk
- “I know a girl, she puts the color inside my world.” — Unknown
Daughters Day quotes that celebrate mama-daughter love
- “No daughter and mother ever live apart, no matter what the distance between them.” — Christie Watson
- “I am not a perfect mother, and I will never be. You are not a perfect daughter, and you will never be. But put us together, and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be.” — Zoraida Pesante
- “The relationship between parents and children, but especially between mothers and daughters, is tremendously powerful, scarcely to be comprehended in any rational way.” — Joyce Carol Oates
- “I love our daughters more than anything in the world, more than life itself.” — Michelle Obama
- “I keep seeing myself in my daughter, and I see my mother in me and in her.” — Julie Walters
- “Mother and daughter are like spoons in a drawer.” — Maggie Stiefvater
- “My daughter is my biggest achievement. She is a little star and my life has changed so much for the better since she came along.” — Denise Van Outen
- “Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with.” — Melia Keeton-Digby
- “It is so nice to come home and have solitude with me and my daughter.” — Mindy Kaling
- “A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.” — Laurel Atherton
- “A mother-daughter bond is the perfect blessing, so that makes me one blessed mom because I have you.” — Stephanie Lahart
- “A mother’s and daughter’s love is never separated.” — Viola Shipman
💖 You might also like: 42 of the Best Mother Daughter Quotes to Show Your Love and Support
Daughters Day quotes from songs
- “I really love you / Oh, you’re my best friend” — Queen, ‘You’re My Best Friend’
- “And be sure, darling / To make all the good times last” — Wilco, ‘My Darling’
- “Looks like a girl, but she’s a flame / So bright, she can burn your eyes” — Alicia Keys, ‘Girl on Fire’
- “Now and then when I see her face / She takes me away to that special place.” — Guns N’ Roses, ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’
- “6 pounds and 9 ounces, looking up at me / Like I have all the answers / I hope I have the ones you need.” — Reba McEntire, ‘You’re Gonna Be’
- “Then I saw her face, now I’m a believer/Not a trace of doubt in my mind” — The Monkees, ‘I’m a Believer’
- “I’ve got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it’s cold outside
I’ve got the month of May
I guess you’d say
What can make me feel this way
My girl, my girl, my girl
Talkin’ ’bout my girl
My girl” — The Temptations, ‘My Girl’
Inspirational Daughters Day quotes
- “For our daughters and our granddaughters now, the sky is the limit.” — Nancy Pelosi
- “A daughter is chiseled to chisel the world.” — Karishma Gajipara
- “Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.” — Clementine Paddleford
- “My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to / Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.” — Rascal Flatts
- “She stands firmly on her own two feet and I just behind her should she ever need me.” — J. Iron Word
- “In my daughter’s eyes
I can see the future
A reflection of who I am
And what we’ll be
And though she’ll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I’m gone
I hope you’ll see
How happy she made me
For I’ll be there
In my daughter’s eyes” ― Martina Mcbride
Humourous Daughter’s Day quotes
- “A daughter is a treasure and a cause of sleeplessness.” — Ben Sirach
- “Maybe it’s just a daughter’s job to annoy her mother.” — Chuck Palahniuk, ’Diary’
- “I could never love anyone the way I love you, I used to tell my wife. And then the second I looked in that baby’s eyes, in that exact moment, that if we were ever under attack, I would use my wife as a human shield to protect that baby.” — Ryan Reynolds
- “My daughter makes me laugh with her incredibly humorous take on the world. Everything makes her laugh, and I aspire to take in the world the same shoes she does.” — Anonymous
- “Daughters are like flowers. They fill the world with beauty and sometimes attract pests.” — Anonymous
- “What’s it like to have the greatest daughter in the world? I don’t know. Ask your grandmother.” — Anonymous
- “If at first, you don’t succeed, try doing it the way mom told you in the beginning.” — Anonymous
So, while every day is the perfect day to celebrate your daughters, Daughter’s Day can give this act an extra boost.
Happy Daughter’s Day!
👩👧 More from The 411:
100+ Unconditional Mother-Daughter Love Quotes
25 Best Husband Quotes to Show Love and Appreciation
How Can I Help Women & Children in Ukraine?
12 Inspiring Black Women You Should Follow on Instagram
Mom Groups: What to Know
10 Life-Changing Mom Hacks From Peanut Mamas
How to Find Mom Friends in Your Area
How to Meet Other Moms
59 Self Care Ideas For Moms
Mother and Daughter Tattoos: 42 Design Ideas
48 Memorable Quotes About Daughters
Our 40 Favorite Inspirational Motherhood Quotes
International Women’s Day 2022: All You Need to Know
170+ Inspiring International Women’s Day Quotes
34 Quotes to Empower Women
100+ Happy Father’s Day Quotes
80 Reading Quotes for Kids
50 Confidence Quotes for Women