Whether you’re an avid fan or an occasional dabbler, bringing a touch of Disney magic into your home is always an adventure. So buckle up. It’s time to sail through the best Disney baby boy names out there.
Names inspired by Disney boy names
What are good Disney names?
Here are some male Disney characters brought to you by that classic Disney magic.
- Aladdin: This famous hero needs no introduction. Interesting fact? Aladdin means nobility of faith.
- Bernard: This one goes way back to the 70s classic The Rescuers. Yep, Bernard is the main mouse.
- Baloo: For fans of The Jungle Book, Baloo is the lovable bear who sings the classic song “The Bare Necessities.”
- Buzz: Buzz Lightyear is the unforgettable spaceman from Toy Story.
- Chip: He’s one of the adorable chipmunks of Chip and Dale fame.
- Christopher: The adorable boy from Winnie the Pooh
- Donald: Yep, the famous duck–but Donald also means great chief.
- Gaston: He’s the villain from Beauty and the Beast that everyone loves to hate.
- Hercules: Son of Zeus. Adventurous hero. Defeater of monsters.
- Huey: He’s one of Donald Duck’s three sweet nephews.
- Iago: He’s the loud-mouth parrot from Aladdin.
- Jack: There are loads of Jacks in the world of Disney. Some favorites? Pirate Jack Sparrow, Jack-Jack Parr from The Incredibles, and Monterey Jack from Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers.
- Jafar: He’s the notorious bad guy from Aladdin.
- Michael: The youngest of the Darling children in the classic Peter Pan.
- Mickey: As in the mouse. Classic.
- Miguel: The sweet protagonist of Coco
- Naveen: He’s the prince who is turned into the frog in The Princess and the Frog.
- Nemo: The name you’ve been looking for.
- Olaf: It’s really hard not to love this snowman from Frozen. Also, Olaf is Nordic for “treasure.”
- Oswald: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is Mickey Mouse’s older brother. This is real vintage Disney.
- Peter: The boy who never grew up.
- Robin: As in Hood. As in “steal from the rich and give to the poor.”
- Roger: There are a few Rogers that do the Disney rounds. Top picks? Roger Radcliffe, the lover of all things puppy in One Hundred and One Dalmatians. And Roger Rabbit, of course.
- Sam: For real lovers of old school Disney, this one is Loony Toon’s Yosemite Sam.
- Sebastian: The most beloved crab from Under the Sea
- Simba: The lion who grows up to be king
What are cool names for a boy?
Looking for some unique boy names from Disney movies? Here’s your ultimate list.
- Achilles: An ancient Greek hero, Achilles is also the horse in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Alfredo: For fans of Ratatouille, Alfredo Linguini is the kind (and rather silly) friend of the famous rat.
- Amos: While Amos may be the baddie from The Fox and the Hound, the name has other rich meanings—to carry and borne by God.
- Andy: From the Toy Story movies, Andy is the teen who has not lost his love for his dear toys.
- Angus: Merida’s faithful friend, Angus is the horse from the Disney/Pixar movie Brave.
- Anton: The ruthless food critic from Ratatouille, Anton Ego is one of those antagonists that you love to hate.
- Arlo: He’s the sweet, young, green dinosaur from The Good Dinosaur.
- Arthur: The main character from The Sword in the Stone, Arthur famously becomes king after being able to pull said sword from said stone.
- Ben: Ben is actually B.E.N. (AKA Bio Electronic Navigator), the talkative robot from Treasure Planet.
- Bruce: He’s one of the scary sharks from Finding Nemo. Fun fact? He was named after the terrifying shark in Jaws.
- David: As a supporting character in Lilo and Stitch, David Kawena is memorable for both his kindness and clumsiness.
- Edward: Prince Edward is the charming prince from Enchanted.
- Elliott: The playful, caring dragon from Pete’s Dragon, Elliot cares deeply about those he is there to protect.
- Ernesto: From the recent Coco, Ernesto the dazzling bad guy singer from the Land of the Dead.
- Finn: For Star Wars fans, there’s Stormtrooper Finn (AKA FN-2187). For Cars fans, there’s Finn McMissile, the British spy car.
- Flynn: Flynn Rider (AKA Eugene Fitzherbert) is the charmer from Tangled.
- Fred: For lovers of comic books, Fred Frederickson is the whacky enthusiast from Big Hero 6.
- Guido: The enthusiastic Italian forklift from Cars, Guido is a big dreamer.
- Gus: One part of the adorable mouse duo, Gus is a tiny buddy of Cinderella.
- Hans: While he may look like prince charming, Frozen’s Hans throws the stereotype on its head.
- Hector: From Coco, Hector is one of the charming inhabitants of the Land of the Dead.
- Hiro: The main character from Big Hero 6, Hiro is the young genius who loves robots and gummy bears.
- Horace: This one goes way back. Horace Horsecollar was one of Mickey Mouse’s earliest best friends.
- Hudson: AKA Doc Hudson. AKA The Fabulous Hudson Hornet. He’s one of the speediest vehicles from Cars.
- James: James is a popular Disney name, appearing in various contexts, from The Princess and the Frog to The Pirates of the Caribbean to Pocahontas.
- Jaq: Together with Gus, Jaq is the bright mouse who is one of Cinderella’s besties.
- Jim: Jim Hawkins is the main character of the Treasure Planet adventure.
- John: Prince John from the animated Robin Hood—a classic villain.
- Joshua: Some of the famous Disney Joshuas include Joshua Sweet from Atlantis and Joshua from American Dragon.
- Julio: Papa Julio is the skeleton shoemaker from Coco.
- Li: General Li Shang and his father, General Li, both wield a lot of power in Mulan.
- Louie: the famous singer of “I wanna be like you,” King Louie is the orangutan from The Jungle Book who becomes king of the apes.
- Luigi: The kind hearted Fiat from Cars, Luigi makes a genuine effort to help his friends.
- Mack: He’s a semi-hauler from Cars who is always there to support his friends.
- Marlin: Marlin is the main clownfish from Finding Nemo. He does everything he can to find his baby.
- Max: Goofy’s son, Max Goof.
- Milo: This mapmaking explorer is the main character in Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
- Nick: He’s the foxy con-artist from Zootopia.
- Phillip: The prince who finally wakes Sleeping Beauty.
- Remy: The famous ratty chef from Ratatouille, Remy is a little big dreamer.
- Rex: From Toy Story, Rex is the plastic T-Rex who is more than a little nervous about the world.
- Russell: He’s the lovable boy from Up.
- Stefan: He is Sleeping Beauty’s caring father.
- Sven: Kristoff’s dear reindeer friend in Frozen.
- Tadashi: From Big Hero 6, Tadashi is one of the main robotics brainiacs.
- Terence: Tinker Bell’s best friend. Little does she know, he’s also in love with her.
- Todd: He’s the fox from The Fox and the Hound, and Copper’s best friend.
- Wilbur: From The Rescuers Down Under, Wilbur is a singing, dancing albatross.
What is the most rare name for a boy?
Here are some of the Disney inspired baby boy names that you might have forgotten about.
- Abu: Aladdin’s adorable monkey sidekick, Abu is funny, loyal and more than a little mischievous.
- Akela: A powerful name for your cub, Akela is the leader of the wolf pack in The Jungle Book.
- Aladar: The main dinosaur in Dinosaur, Aladar is a perfect mixture of kindness and strength.
- Alameda: Alameda Slim is the bad guy from Home on the Range. Sure, he’s a villain—but he’s great at his job.
- Alonso: A prince from Elena of Avalor, Alonso is more than a little in love with himself.
- Apollo: One of the powerful gods in Hercules, Apollo was the god of so many things—most notably the sun, music and truth.
- Archimedes: The brainiac owl from The Sword and the Stone, Archimedes, is Merlin the Magician’s trusty companion.
- Claude: He’s the villain from The Hunchback of Notre Dame—but while his character is dark, Claude is also the name of many famous artists, composers and politicians throughout history.
- Copper: The hound from The Fox and the Hound, the friendly Copper strikes up a surprising friendship with Tod, the fox.
- Dash: The middle child in the Incredibles family, Dash (as his name suggests) has superhuman speed.
- Dimitri: The love interest of Anastasia, he’s quick-witted and determined.
- Duke: There are many dukes that pop up in the world of Disney. Some famous ones? The Grand Duke from Cinderella and the Duke of Weselton from Frozen.
- Eric: Ariel’s handsome human, Eric is the prince from The Little Mermaid.
- Felix: He’s Experiment 010 from Lilo and Stitch and likes things to be super clean.
- Finnick: He’s the feisty fennec fox from Zootopia.
- Flint: That’s Captain Flint, from Treasure Planet. And yes, he is a space pirate.
- Hades: Sure he’s the ruler of the underworld in Hercules, but he’s also very popular.
- Hermes: The messenger of the gods, he prides himself on his speed and dexterity.
- Kocoum: He’s the warrior that was going to marry Pocahontas.
- Koda: He’s the sweet little bear from Brother Bear.
- Kristoff: Kristoff is Anna’s outdoorsy love interest in Frozen.
- Lucius: AKA Frozone, Lucius is a superhero from The Incredibles who is able to turn his world to ice.
- Meeko: Pocahontas’s pet raccoon, Meeko is fun, food-loving, and feisty.
- Pascal: He’s the chameleon from Tangled, and a dear friend of Rapunzel.
- Phoebus: The captain from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, he’s both fair and funny.
- Ramone: A 1959 Chevy Impala from Cars, he’s definitely the artsy one.
- Sulley: Full name: Sullivan. He’s the famous scarer at Monsters Inc.
- Zeus: The ruler of Mount Olympus, the powerful Zeus is also Hercules’s father.
👶 More baby boy names:
137 Cool Baby Boy Names and Their Meanings
1000 Popular Baby Boy Names
200+ One Syllable Boy Names
80 Strong Baby Boy Names (with Meanings)
1000+ Top Baby Boy Names Around the World
A Long List of Short Baby Boy Names
164 Extraordinary Exotic Baby Boy Names
84 Anime Names for Boys
49 Four-Letter Baby Boy Names (and Their Meanings)
52 Three-Letter Baby Boy Names
80+ Old Fashioned Baby Boy Names and Their Meanings
115 women are talking about 'baby names' on Peanut. Download the app to join the conversation.