Looking for the perfect name from the Most Magical Place on Earth? Disney baby girl names are here to delight and enchant, beguile and inspire.
If princesses are the first thing that come to mind when you hear Disney girl names, we’ve got a whole new world to show you.
We’ve got everything from shapeshifting baddies to feisty bunnies and quirky characters who insist on feeding peanut butter sandwiches to fish (brownie points if you got the reference).
Sure, you can’t have Disney without royalty.
But let’s not forget the adorable beasts, superheroes, and captains waiting in the wings.
Join us on the nostalgia train as we step back in time to beloved classics (we’re looking at your Ducktales) plus some few fresh-faced additions from Disney Plus.
Your ultimate list of Disney baby girl names starts here:
In this article 📝
- What are some Disney princess names for girls? 👑
- What are girl names from Disney?
- What is a rebel Disney girl name?
What are some Disney princess names for girls? 👑
Of course we’ve got Ariel, Jasmine, and Elsa.
But we’ve also chosen plenty of lesser-known Disney princesses to inspire you.
Take a look:
- Abigail: That’s Queen Abigail, to be precise. From the animated series Elena of Avalor. Her name means “my father’s joy”.
- Alana: One of the daughters of King Triton and Queen Athena, Alana every inch the princess mermaid. Her names means “precious” in German 🧜♀️
- Aurora: Looking to get that sleep schedule together fast? Princess Aurora is Sleeping Beauty’s real name and means dawn.
- Amber: A lover of adventures and parties, Amber is a princess from Sofia the First.
- Anastasia: Actually a Russian grand duchess – but close enough to a princess to make the list – Anastasia Romanov is a brave, kind, adventurous character. Her name means “ressurection”.
- Andrina: Meaning “brave”. Ariel’s sister and the second mermaid princess to make our list.
- Anna: Meaning “favor” or “grace”. The feisty sister of Frozen’s Elsa.
- Arabella: Meaning “[prayerful]. The mermaid niece of Ariel.
- Ariel: Meaning “lion of God”. This little mermaid needs no introduction.
- Arista: Meaning “the best”. One of Ariel’s sisters and the more energetic of the bunch.
- Attina: Meaning “wise”. Attina is the oldest of Ariel’s sibling and the heir to Atlantica.
- Aquata: Meaning “water”. The ultimate mermaid name. 🧜♀️
- Audrey: Meaning “strength”. A magical princess from Descendents.
- Briar: A gender-neutral name meaning “thorny bush of wild roses”. Briar Rose. Sleeping Beauty’s true name.
- Camilia: That’s Queen Camilia, from Elena of Avalor. Latin in origin, it means “helper to the priest”.
- Clio: Meaning “glory”. You may know her as a fancy princess from Sofia the First, but Clio first came on the scene as the muse of history in Greek mythology.
- Elena: Meaning “shining light”. She’s the main princess from Elena of Avalor.
- Ella: As in Cinderella. This elegant name means “goddess” in Hebrew.
- Elsa: Meaning “pledged to God”. Cool as ice. ❄️
- Giselle: The nature loving princess from Disney’s Enchanted. French in origin, Giselle means “pledge”.
- Iris: Meaning “rainbow”. A princess with three eyes from Pair of Kings.
- Isabel: Elena’s younger sister from Elena of Avalor. This Spanish girl’s name means “pledged to God”.
- Jasmine: The gorgeous, independent princess from Aladdin. Persian in origin, Jasmine means “gift from God”.
- Leah: As in Queen Leah – Sleeping Beauty’s mama. Her name means “delicate”.
- Megara: Meaning “great”. She’s the dry-witted princess from Hercules – her friend’s call her Meg. At they would if she had any friends.
- Merida: Meaning “one who has achieved high honor”. The awesome red-headed princess from Brave. 🏹
- Miranda: Meaning “to be wondered at”. Queen Miranda is Sofia the First’s mama.
- Moana: A Hawaiian name meaning “ocean” or “sea”. A fitting title for the adventuring Disney heroine.
- Mulan: Meaning “wood orchid”. Inspired by the legendary folk figure Hua Mulan, Mulan is a powerful warrior princess.
- Nala: Meaning “first drink of water” Simba’s fearless lioness love interest from The Lion King and future queen of Pride Rock. 🦁
- Sofia: As in Sofia the First. This Greek name means “wisdom”.
- Tiana: Meaning “fairy princess” but you may know her best as the tenacious heroine from Princess and the Frog.
What are girl names from Disney?
Maybe you’re looking for names inspired by female Disney characters but don’t want to go the princess route.
These other character names still serve up plenty of Disney magic:
- Abby: Meaning “father’s joy”. The adorable duck from Chicken Little. Full name: Abby Ducktail Mallard.
- Adelaide: Meaning “noble kind”. Remember the Aristocats? Adelaide Bonfamille is the former opera singer and mama to Duchess and her kittens.
- Alcmene: Meaning “moon strength”. Love Hercules? Well, Alcmene was his adopted mama.
- Alice: Meaning “noble”. How wonderfully wonderland. 🐇
- Amity: Meaning “friendship”. For lovers of The Owl House, Miss Amity Blight is the perfect inspiration for future booklovers. 📚
- Anda: Meaning “man’s defender”. Anda is a moose from Brother Bear 2, sweet and kind (and voiced by Andrea Martin, if you’re a fan).
- Andromeda: Meaning “leader of humankind”. Always on the hunt for the truth, Andromeda is an adorable character from Big City Greens.
- Angel: This one’s for the Lilo and Stitch fans. Angel’s other name? Experiment 624. Not quite as catchy.
- Angela: Meaning “messenger”. From Gargoyles, Angela is super strong and all around magical.
- Angelique: Meaning “angelic”. The premier castle decorator from Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted Christmas.
- Anita: Meaning “graceful”. If you love dalmatians (101 of them to be precise), the name Anita may be a source of inspiration. She’s sweet, intelligent, and a lover of dogs. 🐾
- Annette: Meaning “grace”. A TV serial from The Mickey Mouse Club circa 1957, Annette followed an orphaned country girl who moves in with her sophisticated relatives in the city.
- Babette: Meaning “my God is my oath”. Lumiere’s girlfriend from Beauty and the Beast, turned into a feather duster under the spell of the Enchantress.
- Bailey: An adorable beluga whale from Finding Dory and a classic English name meaning “bailiff”.
- Baylene: An elderly brachiosaurus from the 2000 movie Dinosaur, she’s both strong and gentle. 🦕
- Belle: Meaning “beautiful” as in the booksmart beauty from Beauty and the Beast.
- Bentina: For Ducktales fans, this Italian name means “blessed”.
- Bianca: Meaning “white” or “pure”. For children of the 80s, Miss Bianca is the main character in The Rescuers.
- Bonnie: From the French word bonne meaning “good”. Also related to the Scottish word bonnie meaning “cheerful” or “beautiful”. Bonnie is the little girl from Toy Story 3 who ends up owning Woody and Buzz.
- Boo: A common call of endearment, in Monsters, Inc., Boo (AKA Mary Gibbs) is not afraid of anything. Kitty!
- Calliope: Meaning “beautiful-voiced”. In the Tangled series, Calliope is a hilarious one-time street magician and current Keeper of the Spire. But in Greek mythology, this name represents the muse of epic poetry.
- Candace: Meaning “pure and innocent”. She’s the older sister of Phineas and Ferb.
- Cece: Meaning “blind one”. From Shake It Up, Cece (or Cecelia) is quite the dancer.
- Celia Mae: Meaning “heavenly”. With snakes in her hair and only one eye, Celia Mae is one of Monsters, Inc.’s classic characters.
- Charlotte: Meaning “free person”. From Princess and the Frog, Charlotte La Bouff is her full name. The name says it all.
- Clara: Meaning “bright” or “clear”. Clara Stahlbaum is the main character in Disney’s The Nutcracker and the Four Realms.
- Cleo: Meaning “to celebrate” or “to make famous”. Geppeto’s pet goldfish in Pinocchio.
- Colette: Meaning “people of victory”. In Ratatouille, Colette is a big fan of good food. Aren’t we all?
- Daisy: As in the duck. Classic.
- Destiny: Meaning “fate”. For fans of Finding Dory, Destiny is the lovable whale shark.
- Dory: Meaning “a gift of God”. A name you’ve been looking for?
- Elizabeth: Meaning “my God is my oath”. From Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.
- Ellie: Meaning “light”. She’s the wife from that iconic montage in the movie Up. We’re not crying!
- Emma: Meaning “whole”. The savior daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming in Once Upon a Time.
- Esmerelda: Meaning “emerald”. She’s the beguiling character from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Eudora: Meaning “good gift”. The mother of Tiana in The Princess and the Frog.
- Evangeline: Meaning “gospel” or “good tidings”. The star that others wish upon, Evangeline is from The Princess and the Frog.
- Eve: Meaning “full of life”. For lovers of tech, EVE is the Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluator from WALL-E. We prefer its Latin origins too.
- Faline: A female deer from Bambi. Ironically her name means “catlike”.
- Fauna: Meaning “young deer”. She’s one of the three fairy godmothers in Cinderella.
- Flora: Meaning “flower”. Another of Cinderella’s fairy godmothers.
- Helen: Meaning “light”. She’s Elastigirl from The Incredibles.
- Hera: Meaning “Goddess of marriage”. The calming wife of Zeus in Hercules. No
- Isabella: Meaning “God is my oath”. One of Phineas and Ferb’s best friends.
- Jane: From Tarzan and Jane fame. Her name means “God is gracious”.
- Jessie: Meaning “God exists”. For lovers of the sitcom with the same name and a certain dynamic cowgirl. 🤠
- Joy: From Inside out, she’s the leader of the emotions inside Riley’s head. Her name of course means “joy”.
- Judy: As in Officer Judy Hopps, the bunny officer from Zootopia. Her name means “women from Judea” but her independent personality is what really makes it jump out.
- June: Meaning “young”, June is the daring dainty dancer from Little Einsteins.
- Katrina: Meaning “pure”. A fun and fair character from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
- Kiara: Meaning “bright” or “clear”. Fans of The Lion King may recognize Kiara as Nala and Simba’s daughter (and heir).
- Kim: As in Kim Possible. Best believe her name means “brave” and “noble”.
- Laurel: Meaning “laurel tree”. Laurel Lightfoot is a mama elf in the Disney film Onward. Fun fact? She’s voiced by Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
- Lilo: Meaning “generous one”, Lilo is the spirited Hawaiian girl from Lilo and Stitch with a big heart and a bigger personality.
- Lily: Meaning “purity and innocence”. One half of Tiger Lily – from the animated Peter Pan.
- Lizzie: A special throwback for fans of Hilary Duff and the Lizzie McGuire series. It means “God’s promise”.
- Marian: Ah Maid Marian. Robin Hood’s iconic love interest. Kind and sweet as she may be, her name’s many interpretations include “beloved”, “rebellious”, and “warlike”. Lots of hidden layers to this fair face.
- Robin: Meaning “shining” and “famous”. Hey, who says your baby girl can’t take the lead with Robin Hood’s titular name?
- Meena: From the Persian name Mina meaning “azure”. A main character in Mira, Royal Detective and Cory in the House.
- Melinda: Meaning “sweet” as in Mickey Mouse’s cheerful aunt.
- Minnie: One half of the signature mouse duo, Minnie means “of the mind”, “beloved”, “wished-for child”, or “willing to protect” depending on the origin you choose. So many possibilities!
- Mira: Meaning “peaceful” and “amazing”. The brave detective from Mira, Royal Detective.
- Molly: An Irish name meaning “of the sea”. She’s the adorable little girl from Talespin.
- Naomi: Meaning “pleasantness”. She’s Elena’s adventurous best friend in Elena from Avalor.
- Olivia: Another one for the 80s kids, Olivia Flaversham is from The Great Mouse Detective.
- Pearl: The cute pink octopus from Finding Nemo.
- Peg: Meaning “pearl”. She’s the mama from Goof Troop who goes by Peg Pete.
- Perdita: Meaning “lost”. The magnificent lead dalmatian in 101 Dalmations and a signature Shakespearean name.
- Priya: An Indian girl’s name meaning “beloved”. In Mira, Royal Detective, Priya is Mira’s creative cousin.
- Riley: From the Gaelic word raghalach meaning “valiant”. She’s the funny, sporty lead character in Inside Out.
- Roxanne: Meaning “dawn”. The canine love interest in A Goofy Movie.
- Sally: Meaning “princess”. You may know her best as the clever rag doll monster from A Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Sarafina: Meaning “burning ones”. The mama of Nala from The Lion King.
- Sashi: Meaning “moon ”. From Penn Zero: Part-time Hero, she’s one of Penn’s buddies at school.
- Suri: Meaning “red rose” or “princess”. The cheerful lemur from Dinosaur.
- Sylvia: Meaning “spirit of the wood”. The head librarian in An Extremely Goofy Movie.
- Thalia: Meaning “to flourish”. The muse of comedy in Hercules.
- Vanellope: The quick-witted racer from Wreck-It Ralph. A totally invented name, its closest relative is Penelope, which means “weaver”.
- Violet: Meaning “purple”. The eldest daughter in The Incredibles family, Violet is able to turn herself invisible.
- Vixey: The little Vixen from The Fox and the Hound. We’re sure you can guess Vixey’s meaning…
- Wendy: Meaning “friend”. Wendy Darling is the young heroine of Peter Pan.
- Willow: An Old English name that means “willow tree”. Princess Willow is Rupunzel’s sweet aunt from Tangled.
What is a rebel Disney girl name?
Disney princess names aren’t the only titles worth talking about.
The Disney universe is bursting with dynamic, eccentric, and brilliant characters well able to defy the status quo.
And plenty of baddies, if you welcome a little mischief and mayhem.
See if you remember any of these Disney girl names:
- Amelia: As in Captain Amelia from the Treasure Planet. Her name means “industriousness”.
- Lana: Meaning “shining” or “blessed”. She’s Mia’s greatest foe in The Princess Diaries.
- Maleficent: If you’re looking for names of the evil variety (we’re not judging), Maleficent is the ultimate baddie. As you may have guessed, her name means “doing evil”. Precious!
- Yzma: The evil sorcerer from The Emperor’s New Groove. She’s definitely a vibe.
- Camille: The heiress to a cat food fortune turned criminal mastermind in Kim Possible.
- Ursula: Another resident Disney baddie to make our list. She may be the sea witch from The Little Mermaid but her name means “little she-bear”. Pretty cute no?
- Anamaria: Meaning “favored grace”. A badass pirate from Pirates of the Caribbean well able to run her own ship. 🏴☠️
- Vidia: She’s speedy, she’s a fairy, and she’s the enemy of Tinker Bell. As for etymology, Vidia is connected to the Sanskrit name Vidya which means “wisdom” or “skill”.
- Maria: Meaning “of the sea”, “bitter”, and “beloved. She’s the furry white kitten with the pink bow and big attitude from The Aristocats. She doesn’t start fights, but she can finish them.
- Narissa: Meaning “sea nymph”. Thanks to Enchanted’s big villain, Narissa can also count itself as a badass dragon name.
And there you have it, 124 Disney girl names to feed every energy imaginable.
The Disney universe is always expanding, so make sure to check out our Star Wars baby names and complete round up of the very best Disney names.
Wishing you a happily ever after.