The most magical place on earth does more than provide endless entertainment—it also offers great inspiration for baby names. So, without further ado, here is our guide to the best Disney baby names out there.
Your ultimate guide to Disney names
Top 50 Disney girl names
Here are our favorite Disney baby girl names:
- Abby: She’s the adorably awkward duck from Chicken Little.
- Akela: The leader of the wolf pack from The Jungle Book
- **Alice: **For the curiouser amongst us, this name is straight from Wonderland.
- Babette: She’s the feather duster from Beauty and the Beast.
- Bambi: The dearest little deer
- Bianca: She’s the main mouse from The Rescuers.
- Cleo: Gepetto’s fish from Pinocchio
- Daisy: As in the fabulously feisty duck
- Flora: She’s the queen fairy who gives Sleeping Beauty the gift of, well, beauty.
- Giselle: The beautiful dressmaker from Enchanted
- Judy: That’s Lt. Judy Hopps from Zootopia.
- Lilo: Befriender of Stitch
- Megara: The daughter of King Creon, Megara is Hercules’ love interest. The name just sounds powerful—and of course, shortens to “Meg.”
- Minnie: Of course, we have to give a nod to the famous mouse. Minnie is a timeless classic.
- Nala: This sweet sounding name belongs to Simba’s love in The Lion King.
- Rosie: Remember the lovable spider from A Bug’s Life? She was Rosie. A classic name that never goes out of style.
- Sofia: The favorite girl’s name in nine countries, Sofia is also the lead character in Sofia the First.
- Wendy: For lovers of Peter Pan, you can’t do much better than this kind, caring character.
- Willow: Pocahontas’s grandma is a wise willow tree—the perfect combination of insight and beauty.
What are some Disney Princess baby names?
- Amber: An adventurous princess from Sofia the First
- Anna: She’s Elsa’s famous free-spirited sister from Frozen.
- Aurora: Sleeping Beauty’s real name. Interesting fact: in Roman mythology, Aurora was the goddess of the dawn.
- Ariel: The princess from Under the Sea.
- Belle: She’s the beauty to her beast.
- Briar Rose: A romantic classic, this is Sleeping Beauty’s other name.
- Cinderella: The ultimate belle of the ball, Cinderella has stood the test of time. Ella and Cindy make delightful shortened forms.
- Evangeline: She’s a real star. From The Princess and the Frog, her name means “good news.” Perfect.
- Elena: She’s the courageous royal from Elena of Avalor.
- Elsa: Frozen sent this name soaring in popularity.
- Jasmine: The rebellious princess from Aladdin.
- Kiara: Kiara’s a princess but not of the human variety. She’s Simba and Nala’s daughter in The Lion King II: Simba’s Pride.
- Merida: If you’ve seen Brave, you know how inspiring its heroine is. Be ready for one adventurous princess.
- Moana: This is one powerful princess and, for fans of the epic movie, it’s not hard to see why her name means ocean.
- Pocahontas: The daughter of a Powhatan chief, Pocahontas is one of the Disney characters based on a real person.
- Rapunzel: This famous fairytale princess lets down her golden hair in Tangled.
- Tiana: As the princess from The Princess and the Frog, Tiana has a few meanings—”light,” “joy,” and (of course) “tiara.”
What’s a badass name for a girl?
Disney girl names do not only belong to dainty princesses waiting to be saved by handsome princes. Let’s take a look at some of the more epic Disney names for girls.
- Celia: What could be more badass than this snake-haired monster from Monsters Inc.?
- Colette: Remember the hardcore chef form Ratatouille? That’s Colette.
- Dory: As in the fish. As a shortened form of Dorothy, Dory means “gift of God.”
- Esmeralda: She’s the feisty and clever gypsy from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Her name comes from the Spanish word for emerald.
- Eve: She’s a high-tech robot from WALL-E.
- Hera: The wife of Zeus and the mother of Hercules—that’s pretty badass.
- Jane: What could be more daredevil than swinging through the jungle with Tarzan?
- Jessie: The cowgirl from Toy Story. Yep, even at her size, she’s pretty powerful.
- Lilo: From Lilo and Stitch, this energetic name is full of fun.
- Mary: As in Poppins. Seriously. She flies with an umbrella.
- Marian: Maid Marian is the love interest of Robin Hood. It means “precious” and “unique.”
- Mulan: Yep, there are few people as badass as this Disney warrior.
- Sarafina: Nala’s mother in The Lion King, this unique name is sure to give your little one a powerful start.
- Violet: The superhero daughter from The Incredibles, she’s quick-witted and has the power of turning invisible.
- Ursula: The sea witch from The Little Mermaid
➡️ Don’t miss our full list of Polish baby girl names
Top 50 Disney boy names
And now for our best-loved Disney baby boy names:
- Abu: The adorable monkey sidekick from Aladdin
- Baloo: A favorite from The Jungle Book
- Buzz: For a name that’s lightyears ahead
- Chip: Remember the adorable cup from Beauty and the Beast?
- David: That’s David Kawena, Nani’s boyfriend from Lilo and Stitch.
- Donald: The most famous of ducks, he’s made appearances in a host of Disney offerings.
- Geppetto: The lovable carpenter from Pinnochio
- Jiminy: He’s the quick witted cricket from Pinnochio. (And, as a name choice, Jiminy is a great play on the more common Jimmy.)
- Kristoff: Anna’s love interest in Frozen
- Louie: One of Donald Duck’s adorable nephews
- Marlin: He’s the father on a quest in Finding Nemo.
- Mickey: This name is just too classic and cute to not be on the list.
- Milo: He’s the brainy mapmaker from Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
- Mowgli: The lovable lead from The Jungle Book
- Nemo: A name worth searching for
- Olaf: The most lovable of snowmen
- Oswald: This is classic Disney. He’s Mickey’s half-brother.
- Peter: If you’re hoping that your baby will never grow up, Peter Pan is a pretty good name choice.
- Phoebus: The brave war hero from The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Ralph: As in Wreck-It
- Robin: As in steals from the rich to give to the poor
- Roger: He’s the passionate puppy dad from One Hundred and One Dalmatians.
- Timon: The hilarious meerkat from The Lion King
What are some Disney prince baby names?
- Aladdin: Magic carpet ride, anyone?
- Eric: From The Little Mermaid
- Eugene: In Tangled Ever After, Eugene Fitzherbert goes through a complicated adventure to find his princedom.
- Florian: He gives Snow White the kiss that breaks the curse.
- Mufasa: Okay, a king rather than a prince. The unforgettable father in The Lion King.
- Naveen: While they have a complicated love story that involves him turning into a frog, he’s ultimately the love interest of Tiana.
- Phillip: Known for waking princesses with a kiss, Prince Phillip is from Sleeping Beauty.
- Simba: He slowly makes his way to the top of the animal kingdom.
➡️ Don’t miss our full list of Disney baby boy names
What are some dark Disney baby names?
What would Disney be without its most wicked villains?
- Amos: Amos Slade is the hunter from The Fox and the Hound—and is actually one of the lighter of the darker Disney characters.
- Claude: The dodgy dealings of Claude in The Hunchback of Notre Dame result in (spoiler alert) a rather satisfying demise.
- Clayton: This guy’s the gorilla hunter from Tarzan who gets completely outwitted.
- Edgar: Full name: Edgar Balthazar. He’s the bad guy from The Aristocats.
- Gaston: Yep, he’s the egomaniac from Beauty and the Beast.
- Hades: The ruler of the underworld. It doesn’t get much darker than that.
- Hans: He may be a prince, but that doesn’t stop this Frozen baddie from doing a lot of damage.
- Jafar: The Grand Vizier of Agrabah, Jafar is Aladdin’s nemesis.
- John: Honest John and his buddy Gideon are Pinnochio’s corruptors. (Hot tip: never trust anyone called “honest” anything.) And while we’re on the topic of baddies called John, there’s also Prince John from Robin Hood.
- Percival: He’s a poacher from The Rescuers Down Under—and, in the end, he doesn’t stand a chance.
- Pete: Is he a bear? Is he a cat? One thing’s for sure is that he’s Mickey Mouse’s worst enemy.
- Ratigan: The ratty supervillain from The Great Mouse Detective, Ratigan makes a bold attempt to be as dark as possible.
- Scar: Could this lion be more evil? (And, top question, what was he called before he got that scar?)
- Shan Yu: Anyone who kills for fun makes it onto our list of dark characters. He’s the villain from Mulan.
- Sid: He’s the arch toy destroyer from Toy Story.
- Syndome: This flaming red-headed antagonist is from The Incredibles.
- Tadashi: The robotics genius from Big Hero 6
- Te Kā: This antagonist is an actual volcano from Moana.
👶 More baby names:
100 Space Baby Names for Boys & Girls
40 Flower Baby Names for Boys With Meanings
138 Unisex Baby Names
138 Nature Baby Names
57 Gender-Neutral Baby Names
150 of the Most Cool and Rare Baby Names
75 Water Baby Names
100+ Baby Names That Mean Peace
50 Baby Names That Mean Fire
218 Beautiful Exotic Baby Name