Inspirational ideas for female deep and meaningful tattoos. Strong, symbolic, and powerful designs for even stronger women.
When it comes to female deep meaningful tattoos, there’s only one rule — and it’s going with what you love.
Getting a tattoo is always a brave decision. But choosing a design (especially if it’s your first time getting inked) is famously tricky. You want it to look good, but also to hold deep meaning and value, right? The design stays with you for your entire life, so it makes sense to think carefully.
If you’re searching for bold woman symbols of strength and courage, read on. Let’s do this.
In this article: 📝
- What tattoos have deep meanings?
- What’s the most meaningful tattoo?
- What deep meaningful tattoo symbolizes overcoming struggle?
- What tattoo symbolizes strength and courage?
What tattoos have deep meanings?
When it comes to symbolic tattoos for women, there are so many options to choose from.
Here are some of our favorites.
- Arrows: A symbol of strength, power, and finding your own way.
- Skulls: Deeply meaningful designs, reminding us that none of us are here forever.
- Eyes: With symbolism in many cultures, eyes represent intuition and wisdom.
- Crosses: As well as Christian meanings, they symbolize key crossroads in our lives.
- Snakes: In Japanese cultures, snakes represent strength and protection. All over the world, these animals carry powerful mythological status.
- Stars: Symbolic of fate, hope, and destiny. Reminding us of those we’ve lost, and light in times of darkness.
- Wolves: An animal linked to love and loyalty, particularly meaningful for anyone celebrating close family ties.
What’s the most meaningful tattoo?
The “most” meaningful tattoo is different for everyone.
It could represent your inner strength, a specific place, person, or time in your life.
So, what do you want to mark?
Here are some ideas for personal strength meaningful tattoos, all with individual meanings for each inked individual.
- Semicolons: A deeply personal design (linked with overcoming depression and suicide), representing a sentence you could have ended, but chose not to.
- Hearts: It’s a basic and universally recognized shape, representing love, loss, strength, or overcoming heartbreak.
- Compass: For women who know where they’re from, and where they’re headed.
- Clocks: Representing time and the delicate balance of our lives. You choose what time the hands stop.
- Flowers: Each flower has its own unique meaning. Whether it’s rosemary for remembrance or roses for fresh starts — you decide what’s meaningful to you.
- Wording: Why not get an inspiring phrase, date, or name tattooed? Font, placement, and coloring all add to the personal meaning.
What deep meaningful tattoo symbolizes overcoming struggle?
There are no hard and fast rules here, and having the bravery even to get a tattoo is a sign you’ve overcome both mental and physical struggles.
But if you’re looking for specific female strength symbol tattoos… try these for size.
- Acorns: Or oak leaves. A lovely tattoo symbolizing overcoming struggle and never giving up — mighty oaks from little acorns grow.
- Butterflies: Delicate, feminine, and beautiful. Representing transformation and resilience.
- Feathers: Symbolic of personal freedom and courage, with additional layers of meaning depending on the bird.
- Lions: A great tattoo for mamas who’ve protected their pride with courage and bravery.
- Geometry: Simple geometric shapes represent balance and harmony. A great choice for women who’ve rediscovered their peace.
- Clouds: Showing we’ve made it through tough, stormy days — and out the other side.
What tattoo symbolizes strength and courage?
In cultures all over the world, there are some amazing women symbols of strength and courage.
When it comes to female deep meaningful tattoos, you’ll send a strong message with these iconic designs.
- Suns: Just like strong, courageous women, the sun provides life, energy, and hope. These tattoos remind us that dark times will pass.
- Dragons: Dragons symbolize strength, wisdom, and fearlessness. Oh, and they’re pretty cool too.
- Scorpions: An edgy tattoo showing your mighty power. Scorpions also remind us to protect ourselves from harm.
- Moons: Feminine symbols of transition, growth, and creativity.
- Dreamcatchers: With roots in Native American culture, it’s a symbol of strength and protection.
- Skeletons: A cool choice for brave, rebellious women living life to the fullest.
- Phoenix: A meaningful symbol of life, death, and rebirth. The fiery phoenix reminds us we can rise from the ashes.
- Medusa: While often linked with survivors of abuse, many Medusa designs can also signify the strength, tenacity, and power of women.
No matter what design you choose, getting a tattoo is a strong and powerful decision.
With these ideas for personal strength female deep meaningful tattoos, we hope you’ve found the inspiration to ink with confidence.
💡More from The 411:
23 Ideas for Wrist Tattoos for Women
What is a Womb Tattoo? (And Ideas if You Would Like To Get One)
Mother and Son Tattoos: 40 Design Ideas
Mother and Daughter Tattoos: 42 Design Ideas
Can You Get a Tattoo While Breastfeeding?
30 Irresistible Shoulder Tattoos for Women
11 Beautiful Foot Tattoos for Women
Inner Arm Tattoos for Women: 30 Ideas
Can You Get a Tattoo While Pregnant?
16 Classy Female Neck Tattoos