Get some giggles with our funny pregnancy announcement ideas!
First, congratulations on your pregnancy! And don’t worry, we won’t spill. 😉
Your secret is safe with us.
What will do is help you out with funny pregnancy announcement ideas.
You’re bound to give your friends and family a chuckle to go with those warm-hearted grins.
Ready to dive in? Let’s go.
In this article: 📝
- What are fun ways to tell people you’re pregnant?
- What should I say in my pregnancy announcement?
- 23 funny pregnancy announcement ideas
What are fun ways to tell people you’re pregnant?
Pregnancy announcements do not have to be a serious affair.
You’re about to set forth on one of the most exciting adventures of a lifetime — and you’re going to have so much fun doing it.
A funny baby announcement is a perfect way to kick things off.
What should I say in my pregnancy announcement?
Bringing your personal flair to the mix will make your pregnancy announcement particularly memorable.
23 funny pregnancy announcement ideas
1. For the movie buff. 🎥
Create a movie poster with an image of your life to come. Bottles. Diapers. Laundry. Exhausted eyes.
Then add the final touch: Coming soon: [INSERT DATE].
And if it’s your second (or third), it’s the sequel. You may even be starting a franchise.
2. For the sports fan. 🏐
Sports fans have loads of options for fun pregnancy announcements.
Here are our favorites:
- Joining the team.
- Knocked up. 🥊 Get into your boxing gear and have a fun boxing-theme photo shoot. It’s sure to be a knockout.
3. For the beer lover. 🍺
There are two great options here. Either:
- Something’s brewing. And this time it’s not an IPA. This may just be your best batch yet.
- Label your bellies. This is a classic that gets the laughs every time. Label your partner’s belly beer and your belly baby. If you have a little one in your family already, you can label their tummy with whatever their favorite food is. Peanut butter? Banana? Apple juice?
4. For the fashionista. 👚
Make a splash with a runway-themed announcement.
This season’s most loved item: maternity wear.
5. For the animal lover. 🐈
Yep, they’ve been your babies up to now, and tbh, that will never change.
But the four-legged friends in the house are about to welcome a new playmate.
There are so many ways to include your pups and your cats.
Two of our favorites?
- Pop them in front of a book about pregnancy. Make it look as if they’re doing their research.
- A speech bubble that says, “I thought I was your baby.”
6. For the pun lover. 📖
- About to pop with a champagne cork heading for the ceiling?
- Knocked up with a picture of your front door?
- Bun in the oven with a picture of an actual bun in your actual oven?
Puns are a surefire way to get everyone in on some cringey fun.
7. For the gamer. 🕹️
For gaming addicts, things are really about to get fun.
Some fun announcement options?
- Create the title page for a game called Sleep. Right underneath? The words: GAME OVER.
- Player 3 has entered the game. Need we say more? Of course, this works just as well for player 4, 5, or 6.
8. For same-sex couples. 🧑🤝🧑
So that you don’t have to spend your whole life fielding questions, make up some t-shirts to get the message across.
- A: “I’m pregnant.” B: “I’m not the father.”
- For expecting dads: “He’s pregnant.”
9. For the superhero fans. 🦸🏽♀️
If this is Baby Number 2, dress your little one up as a superhero.
Get them to pose in front of a sign that says “I’m getting a sidekick.”
And if it’s Baby Number 1, they can easily be your sidekick too.
10. For the mama of more than one. 👶
There are so many fun options when it comes to involving the little comedians in your house.
Here are our favorites:
- Eviction notice placed strategically on the crib. If you can get them to pose mid-bawl, even better.
- Only child status: expiring soon.
- Big sister training camp. If you feel like going to town with this one, you can accompany it with boot camp paraphernalia.
- I’m getting a promotion. Dressing them up in some corporate gear for this one can be a real win.
11. For the pandemic babies. 🦠
- We weren’t so great at social distancing.
- We got the right kind of positive test.
12. For the wine lover. 🍷
- Don’t fill this glass until [insert due date].
13. For the Britney lovers. 🎵
- Oops we did it again.
14. For the designers. ✏️
Here’s an idea for creative couples.
While you pose in profile view, get your partner to chalk on a pregnant belly on the wall behind you.
Make a sign pointing to the artistic rendering of your belly with the words: Under construction.
15. For the sleep hater. 💤
- We thought about things and realized that sleep was something we wanted to get less of.
16. For the tech lovers. 💻
- Sketch a Loading… sign onto your belly.
17. For the bed lovers. 🛏️
- Who said being in bed wasn’t productive?
18. For Star Wars fans. ⭐
- Future Jedi on the way
- The fourth awakens
Of course, you can get as creative as you like with costuming.
19. For the plant lovers. 🌿
With a backdrop of your favorite plants, pose with a sign that says Growing something new.
20. For the coffee lovers. ☕
Set up three cups — one of the sippy variety.
A bottle works too.
- New bean on the way.
21. For the Christmas lover. 🎄
Involve the other little people (or animals) in this one:
- Santa is bringing me a little brother.*
Of course, if there are some tears involved, it only adds to the comedy.
🎅 You might also like: 20+ Christmas Pregnancy Announcement Ideas
22. For the travel lovers. 🌎
Set up three backpacks next to each other — one of them a lot smaller than the other two.
The caption? Our world is about to get a whole lot bigger.
23. For the DIY lovers. 🚧
Set up a scene where you’re trying to read the manual for building a baby.
Dress it up with construction paraphernalia — hammers, screwdrivers, nails.
- This might just be your biggest project yet.
And there you have it. 23 funny pregnancy announcement ideas for every kind of mama.
Have fun making your announcement!
🤰 More from The 411:
How to Ask Someone to Be a Godparent
When to Announce Pregnancy? The Right Time for You
24 Parenting Books That Will Offer Big Value
Pregnancy Checklist: 11 Things to Do After You Find Out You’re Pregnant
50 Amazing Pregnancy Quotes to Remember
What to Eat When Pregnant
17 Ideas for the Perfect Maternity Pictures
100+ Best Father’s Day Cards for Dads
When to Tell Work You’re Pregnant (and How)
Pregnancy Must-Haves: Top 10 Pregnancy Products by Peanut