Let’s be honest, finding the perfect gift for a pregnant woman can be tricky.
You want to get her something she’ll love and appreciate, but you also don’t want to get her something that’s too cliché or boring.
But whether you’re looking for a gift for your pregnant wife, friend, sister, or daughter, we’ve got you covered.
We’ll share our favorite mother-to-be gift ideas, from both practical and playful to luxurious and unique.
Because pregnancy is a special time, and it deserves to be celebrated — and what better way than with presents?
Let’s get shopping for the best pregnancy gifts!
In this article: 📝
- What gifts do pregnant women really want?
- What to gift a friend for pregnancy?
- Gift ideas for pregnant sister
- Gift ideas for pregnant daughter
- Should I get my pregnant wife a gift?
- What do you put in a pregnancy gift basket?
What gifts do pregnant women really want?
As with any gift-giving, the key is to put yourself in the shoes of whoever you’re shopping for.
When it comes to pregnant women, there are a lot of things they could want!
They want to be comfortable, they want to feel good about themselves, and they want to be prepared for the arrival of their new baby.
So your pregnancy gift should reflect that.
And if you’re feeling stuck, don’t be afraid to get creative.
Some of the best gifts are the ones that come from the heart.
Need some ideas? Read on!
Pregnancy self-care gifts
That’s why, top of our list, we recommend self-care gifts for pregnant women, to remind them their well-being is also important, not just baby’s.
So what are some self-care gifts for pregnant women?
1. Pampering pregnancy skincare kit
We’re talking pregnancy body care, and it doesn’t get any better than the Bloomin Lovely pregnancy gift set by Mama Mio.
It’s the ultimate pregnancy pamper kit for moms-to-be, with four best-selling Mama Mio pregnancy self-care products — all dermatologically tested and cruelty-free and designed to prep, protect, and pamper, from bump to baby and beyond.
- Tummy Rub Butter: The gift of a smooth, soft bump — plus, it’s clinically proven to increase skin elasticity and moisture (keeping those pesky stretch marks at bay). The perfect first-trimester gift, before bump’s even bumping!
- Lucky Legs Cooling Gel: The perfect way to refresh and soothe tired, swollen legs — a must for the third trimester.
- Pregnancy Boob Tube: A pampering cream providing intense hydration and soothing relief to growing boobs. Silky-soft and, like the Tummy Rub Butter, clinically proven to improve skin elasticity and moisture, because stretch marks around boobs can happen.
- Megamama Shower Milk: A luxurious Omega-rich foaming cleanser that gently cleanses and hydrates dry skin, leaving it feeling smooth, supple, and refreshed. Literally a spa treatment at home.
2. Pregnancy massage
It’s a bit pricey, but a (safe) pregnancy massage can help mama-to-be relax and unwind — after all, she’s doing a lot of work growing a whole new person!
3. Prenatal yoga class
Practical gifts for during pregnancy
Pregnancy is a time of great change, physically and emotionally.
And with all that change comes a lot of new needs.
So here are a few ideas for practical gifts for during pregnancy:
4. Bump care kit
As we mentioned, pregnancy is an amazing time, but it can also be a time of big changes for a pregnant person’s body.
That’s where a bump care kit comes in.
Bump care kits have everything a pregnant person needs to keep their belly bump looking and feeling its best.
The best bit? Bump care kits aren’t just practical, they’re also a thoughtful way to show the pregnant person in your life how much you care.
After all, they deserve to feel pampered!
Our top pick for bump care kits is easily the Mama Mio Tummy Rub Routine — specially formulated to help prepare skin for the upcoming nine-month stretch, with three nourishing products that get the job done:
- Tummy Rub Scrub: Kiss dry skin goodbye with this gentle exfoliator to reveal the smoothest, most radiant mama-to-be skin yet.
- Tummy Rub Butter: Award-winning, packed full of antioxidants and Omegas, clinically proven to increase skin moisture and elasticity, and a favorite of mamas everywhere — need we say more?
- Tummy Rub Oil: Another step to keep stretch marks at bay, this lightweight oil is packed with natural ingredients to nourish and protect a growing bump.
5. Pregnancy belly band
Maybe more of a pregnancy gift for the second trimester and beyond, but trust us, mama-to-be will thank you!
A pelvic support belt is a pregnancy must-have, easing the weight of mama’s growing bump, comfort, and style all in one.
6. Birthing ball
A birthing ball (or yoga ball, Swiss ball, or whatever you prefer to call it!) surprisingly versatile gift for pregnant women, right from the start!
7. Pregnancy magazine subscription
For a gift that keeps on giving (literally!), how about a pregnancy magazine subscription?
Whether they’re looking for tips on staying healthy and comfortable, advice on what to expect during labor and delivery, or just a little bit of inspiration, a pregnancy magazine subscription makes a great gift for a mama-to-be.
8. Gift certificate for a postpartum doula
But this is more of a third-trimester pregnancy gift — they could be waiting to use it for a while if it’s a pregnancy announcement gift!
9. Maternity clothes
Or a maternity clothes shopping trip, if you’re not sure about her style preferences.
Because as her belly grows, she’ll need some new clothes to accommodate her changing body.
And a shopping trip could be a great way to bond and spend time with each other, too!
10. Comfortable shoes
Yep, swollen feet during pregnancy are a thing.
So mom-to-be might not have any shoes she can actually wear, especially from the second trimester — comfy shoes could make all the difference.
11. Pregnancy pillow
More for the second and third trimesters, when the bump’s big enough, but a pregnancy pillow makes a super thoughtful self-care pregnancy gift.
Pregnancy gifts to help her prepare for baby
Pregnancy can be a little overwhelming.
With so much to prepare for, it’s no wonder that many moms-to-be appreciate gifts that can help them make the transition to motherhood a little bit easier.
Here are some first-trimester gifts she’ll love to have to prepare for when baby arrives:
12. Baby care kit
Baby skin is soft, but it’s oh-so-sensitive.
So mama will need to stock up on baby-safe skincare to keep it feeling and looking its best.
Our fave is the Mama Mio Mini Mio Baby Skincare Essentials kit, packed with the perfect bedtime routine to get baby relaxed and their skin super-soft:
- Sweet Cheeks Moisturiser: This gentle baby moisturizer helps pamper, protect, and nourish babe’s delicate skin.
- Mini Moments Massage Gel: A great way to bond with baby — with a mini massage! Plus, this massage gel is made with all-natural ingredients, too.
- Tub Time Bath Bubbles: What would bathtime be without bubbles? All the fun of bubble bath with none of the drying ingredients — just silky softness.
- Mini Mio Oh So Clean Foaming Wash: For squeaky-clean, but nourished and hydrated baby-soft skin.
- Beddy Byes Bath Milk: Tranquility, calm, peace… this soothing bath milk is every bit as relaxing as a lullaby — a must-have for any baby bedtime routine.
13. Parenting book
And oldie but a goodie!
And why you’re at it, why not arm her with a pregnancy book, too? After all, knowledge is power!
14. Baby due date countdown
Okay, so it’s not really helping her prepare for baby as such, but it’s a great way for her to see when baby’s due to make their arrival.
15. Gift vouchers
If you’re really not sure what to get your pregnant friend, gift vouchers are always a win.
Either opt for generic gift vouchers that can be used in several shops, or go for something more suited to her hobbies or interests.
16. Pregnancy journal book
A thoughtful keepsake mom can share with baby for years.
We love this neutral, celestial one by Blush and Gold Invites, with pages to fill throughout her pregnancy.
And why not add a baby memory book, too, for when baby’s made their arrival?
17. Baby shower
Yep, organizing a baby shower totally counts as a gift for pregnant women!
Of course we had to mention Peanut!
What better gift could there be than a safe community of pregnant women and moms?
Send her a link to sign up for free, or give them the gift of a Peanut Plus subscription, with some juicy added extras like the See Who Waved At You feature and boosted posts.
What to gift a friend for pregnancy?
Pregnancy is a wild ride, so help your friend prepare for the adventure of a lifetime with a thoughtful gift.
Whether you’re after funny pregnancy gifts or something more sentimental, there’s something for everyone — even presents for your pregnant friend, not for baby (because it’s not just about baby!).
- Personalized jewelry: Bonus points if it’s got baby’s birthstone on it, like this cute necklace.
- Maternity photo shoot: She’ll feel oh-so-glamorous.
- Donation to charity: If she’s a social justice mama-to-be, choose a cause that means something to her.
- Pregnancy advent calendar: Maybe not for the full nine months, because who has that kind of money? But you could make one yourself for each month of pregnancy, or even a countdown for the final stretch.
- Pregnancy activity book: Funny, entertaining, and weirdly educational, we just fell in love with The Big Fat Activity Book for Pregnant People by Jordan Reid and Erin Williams. Or these pregnancy activities scratch-off cards are another great choice.
- Book of mocktail recipes: Perfect if mom-to-be is your old drinking buddy. Our favorite? Drinking for Two: Nutritious Mocktails for the Mom-To-Be (chef’s kiss).
- Pregnancy gift set: If you’re short on time (hey, it happens), and you want to get a gift over to your pregnant bestie ASAP, premade gift sets can be a lifesaver. Our top picks are this floral letterbox gift set and this adorable gender-neutral baby and mama deluxe gift box.
- Pregnancy clothing: Like this “In My Pregnancy Era” sweatshirt, this “Pregnant AF” tee, or these “Sorry I Just Can’t Today, I’m Growing a Tiny Human” fluffy socks.
- Pregnancy candle: Because who doesn’t love a new candle? We’re loving choose-your-own-scent candles like this “Upgraded to MILF” one or this “Smells Like You’ve Got a Bun in the Oven” one. Or if scented candles are a pregnancy nausea no-no, this pregnancy body-shaped one can be ordered unscented.
- A sentimental message: If words are your thing, why not make that your gift? Grab a card, like this “My Bestie is Growing a Baby Bestie” one, and let your feelings flow. Poems, jokes, or even just a message to say how excited you are — whatever feels right.
Gift ideas for pregnant sister
If you’re about to be an auntie, uncle, or auncle, the key is to get something that best reflects your relationship with her.
Whether that’s more heartfelt or jokey is totally up to you!
- Baby growth countdown poster: A sweet way of tracking baby’s progress, and how big your sister is getting — we love this scratch-off one for that satisfying scratch.
- Bump boxes: One for each trimester!
- Compression socks: If her feet are starting to swell, she’ll thank you! Kindred Bravely’s compression socks are highly recommended by our Peanut moms-to-be.
- Pregnancy tea gift set: She’s had to set aside her coffee cup for now, but if she’s craving a warming beverage, these teas are great for her and baby.
- Maternity pajama set: A matching maternity robe, silk pajamas, and slippers set just sounds so decadent!
- Subscription: If your pregnant sister has a particular hobby, a subscription that matches her interests can be a really thoughtful gift — since she’ll be getting so many things that are pregnancy-related, it’s a reminder that she’s more than “just” a mom.
- Pregnancy book: So she knows what to expect, like Nobody Tells You by Becca Maberly, featuring real-life stories and expert advice.
- Bath pillow: So your pregnant sister and her bump can fully relax in the tub. Make sure you choose one that’s breathable (to help prevent mold), like this super-soft, washable neck bath pillow.
Gift ideas for pregnant daughter
Looking for the perfect sentimental gift for your pregnant daughter?
Or even gift ideas for your pregnant daughter-in-law?
Either way, we’ve got you covered — congrats, grandma or grandpa!
- Baby memory book: So she can treasure every moment (and share them with you!).
- Babymoon trip: Whether she goes solo, with her partner, or with you, a babymoon vacation before baby arrives can be a thoughtful pregnancy gift for your daughter.
- Her old baby things: If you have her old onesie, blanket, or baby booties, now’s the time to pass those down to the next generation. Also one of the most meaningful pregnancy gifts — you give her this, and there won’t be a dry eye in the house!
- Pregnancy cookbook: Because there are certain foods to avoid during pregnancy, and others that are great for mama and baby. Want to go the extra mile? Cook her some pregnancy meals!
- Pregnancy Christmas ornament: If you’re wondering what to get your pregnant daughter for Christmas, a keepsake bauble is a must — we love this personalized Christmas pregnancy ornament, with space for their ultrasound snap.
- Your knowledge: Easily the best gift you can give your pregnant daughter — any advice or memories you have parenting her. Whether you put them in a book, record her a video, write a letter, or just have a proper chat about it is up to you.
- Nursery decor: Baby bedding, meaningful artwork, a cute fluffy rug, or even the bigger bits, like a crib, changing table, or chest of drawers for all those teeny baby clothes. Not sure what nursery decor she’s going for? How about a gift card for somewhere like Pottery Barn or Amazon?
Should I get my pregnant wife a gift?
Yes, you should get your pregnant wife or partner a gift!
After all, she’s doing the bulk of the work in bringing baby into the world!
Not sure where to start with gifts for your pregnant wife or partner?
Relax, we’ve got you:
- Pregnancy test keepsake box: It might sound a bit weird, but that pee-soaked pregnancy test is a treasured memory, after all! This pregnancy test keepsake box has a space where you can add the date of the pregnancy test, too, so you’ll always remember that life-changing moment.
- Sonogram photo frame: If you’ve already had your first ultrasound (or even a few), a photo frame is a sweet sentimental gift for your pregnant wife. We love this Love at First Sight frame, with a space for a pic when baby arrives, or this one, which doubles as a countdown to baby’s due date.
- Countdown: If you’ve already got a photo frame for baby’s sonogram snap, how about a simple due date countdown, like this chalkboard one with space for cravings and symptoms, or this snazzy digital one?
- Maternity lingerie: Because your partner can be pregnant and sexy.
- Jewelry: When in doubt, jewelry is generally a good idea! This gold “Mama” necklace is simple and beautiful, a great choice.
- Nausea relief: It might take a few tries to find something that works, but if your pregnant partner is in the throes of pregnancy nausea, something to help ease the sickness will definitely be appreciated.
- Foot spa bath: If she’s sporting a big bump, trust us, her feet will be howling. An indulgent foot spa could be just what she wants to ease her aching feet at the end of the day (or even right at the beginning!).
What is a gift for a pregnant wife called?
If you choose to get your partner a gift for labor, that’s called a push present — after all, labor and birth are hard things to go through, so mama deserves a treat!
As for push present ideas, it’s best to get something that’s a gift for your pregnant partner, not for baby — this is for her.
One of our favorite ideas for a push present is something they weren’t allowed to eat or drink during pregnancy (although you’ll have to check it’s safe for breastfeeding, if that’s what she wants to do).
What do you put in a pregnancy gift basket?
One of the best ideas for a pregnancy gift — a whole basket of them!
Or, if money’s tight, individually, these make great budget gifts for pregnant women, because you don’t need to spend a fortune to find something special.
From ideas for a first-trimester care package to mom-to-be pampering kits, we’ve got some great ideas from our Peanut Community for the best pregnancy gift basket:
- Fluffy socks: Perfect for cozy nights in, like these “Mama’s resting, Baby in progress” fuzzy socks.
- Pregnancy t-shirt: For her to wear with pride! These can also make funny pregnancy gifts, like this “The Baby Made Me Eat It” one (for the mom-to-be with the weirdest cravings) or this “Bibbidi Bobbidi Bump” one (for the Disney mama), or this “No. You Cannot Touch My Belly” one (for the mom with boundaries).
- Cooling blanket: Ideal for a summer bump, because pregnancy hot flashes are a thing! This one’s lightweight and breathable, perfect for the summer.
- Snacks! Pregnancy cravings can be intense, so if she mentions one, stock up! And if she’s a chocoholic, these pregnancy chocs are perfect.
- Antacids: For battling pregnancy heartburn, reflux, and indigestion. Grab a bunch with a bulk pack of 265 chewable antacid tablets — you’ll be surprised how quickly she gets through them!
- Pregnancy moisturizer: Like the Mama Mio Tummy Rub Butter. Or why not get the whole Bloomin’ Lovely Gift Set, with Lucky Legs Cooling Gel, Pregnancy Boob Tube, and Megamama Shower Milk, for the ultimate pregnancy pamper kit?
- Bath bombs or bath salts: Perfect for pregnancy soaks in the bath to ease any aches. These bath bombs are infused with cocoa butter for softer skin, and these magnesium bath salts are specially made for pregnant women.
- Bracelet: A cute, budget-friendly pregnancy gift to commemorate this special time. This beaded “Mama” bracelet is perfect for the pregnant Swiftie, and this one has certain crystals to encourage a healthy pregnancy, for the new-age mama-to-be.
- Pregnancy planner: Like a pregnancy journal, but with more checklists and suggestions for things to do throughout her pregnancy. The All-In-One Pregnancy Calendar, Daily Countdown, Planner and Journal is our fave, it’s got it all!
- Nausea relief bracelet: Not quite as pretty as a normal bracelet, but these acupressure wristbands are one of the best pregnancy nausea treatments, according to our Peanut moms-to-be.
- Bump speaker: That’s right, babies can hear in the womb from about 27 weeks, so why not give baby something to listen to? This Wusic Bluetooth Belly Speaker lets you stream audio files wirelessly, so friends and family can send special voice notes for baby to hear. Cute, right?
- Migraine and headache relief wrap: Okay, we know this isn’t the most stylish addition to our list, but when those first-trimester headaches strike, this headache relief cap could become your pregnant friend’s favorite gift!
- Water bottle: Because hydration is key! If mama’s on-trend, a Stanley Quencher Tumbler is a must, or if you want something more pregnancy-specific, the BellyBottle has weekly stickers so she can keep track of bump’s progress.
- Letters to My Baby: Does exactly what it says — 12 different letter templates for mama-to-be to write to baby, for them to read together when baby’s older.
- Preggie Pop Drops: Another favorite among our Peanut Community for pregnancy nausea relief — all-natural and tasty, too! You can get a handbag-friendly pack of 21 or a bumper pack of 48.
- Neck fan: So much better than a handheld fan — this one’s hands-free! Perfect for a summertime third trimester.
- Silk pillowcase: Not just great for keeping cool during pregnancy, this silk pillowcase is less abrasive on skin and hair, for a more luxurious sleep.
- Mug: A classic pregnancy gift, an essential addition to any pregnancy gift basket. Our faves: the “You Got This Mama” travel mug, for the mom-to-be on the go; this unique bump-shaped mug that’s sure to turn some heads (even if it is a little hard to drink from!); this apt “Nope. Can’t. Pregnant.” mug; and this glass set for moms and dads-to-be.
- Something to put it all in: You can either go all-out with a personalized engraved keepsake box or go practical with this “Mama” tote bag that doubles as a hospital bag — genius!
Pregnancy is a special time in any woman’s life, and it’s a time when she deserves to be pampered and celebrated.
So if you’re looking for a gift for your pregnant friend, sister, wife, or daughter, we hope you’ve found your inspiration!
And here are our last few tips while you’re pondering over the perfect pregnancy present:
- Think about her needs and interests. What does she like to do? What does she need? What would make her life easier or more enjoyable during pregnancy?
- Choose a gift that is both thoughtful and practical. A pregnancy gift basket filled with snacks, self-care items, and other essentials is always a hit.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative. There are many unique and thoughtful pregnancy gifts out there, like personalized jewelry, a maternity photoshoot, and postpartum doulas.
- Most importantly, make sure the gift is given from the heart. Pregnancy can be a challenging time, and your support will mean the world to her.
Now get shopping!