After some meaningful happy Father’s Day quotes for dad? Find the right words, from Father’s Day quotes from daughters to Father’s Day quotes from sons.
Make this [Father’s Day]9https://www.peanut-app.io/blog/fathers-day-2022) extra special with these beautiful happy Father’s Day quotations.
In this article: 📝
- What are good father quotes?
- How can I express my love to my father?
- How do you describe a father’s love?
- What is the best quote for Father’s Day?
What are good father quotes?
These are our Peanut mamas’ top 20 quotes about fathers to honor their fathers and partners on Father’s Day:
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived, and let me watch him do it.” ‒ Clarence Budington Kelland
- “A happy family is a reflection of a good father and a loving husband.” ‒ Unknown
- “[Fatherhood is] the greatest thing that could ever happen. You can’t explain it until it happens; it’s like telling somebody what water feels like before they’ve ever swam in it.” ‒ Michael Bublé
- “When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.” ‒ Dave Attell
- “The only thing better than having you for a husband is our children having you for a daddy.” ‒ Unknown
- “A father is a banker provided by nature.” ‒ French proverb
- “Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father.” ‒ Lydia Maria Child
- “There’s no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it.” ‒ George R.R. Martin
- “I talk and talk and talk, and I haven’t taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week.” ‒ Mario Cuomo
- “Every great achiever is inspired by a great mentor.” ‒ Lailah Gifty Akita
- “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” ‒ Billy Graham
- “It is a wise father that knows his own child.” ‒ William Shakespeare
- “Dad: A son’s first hero, a daughter’s first love.” ‒ Unknown
- “There is nothing that moves a loving father’s soul quite like his child’s cry.” ‒ Joni Eareckson Tada
- “Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the god and the weight of her world.” ‒ John Mayer
- “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song.” ‒ Pam Brown
- “It was times like these when I thought my father, who hated guns and had never been to any wars, was the bravest man who ever lived.” ‒ Harper Lee
- “Good fathers do three things: they provide, they nurture and they guide.” ‒ Roland Warren
- “Some people don’t believe in heroes, but they haven’t met my dad.” ‒ Unknown
- “Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow.” ‒ Reed Markham
Father’s Day quotes from daughter
Now for some happy Father’s Day quotes from daughters ‒ for the best dads of little (and big) girls:
- “[My father] always provided me a safe place to land and a hard place from which to launch.” – Chelsea Clinton
- “My dad’s my best mate, and he always will be.” ‒ Cher Lloyd
- “No music is so pleasant to my ears as that word: father.” ‒ Lydia Maria Child
- “No man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.” – Hedy Lamarr
- “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.” ‒ John Sinor
- “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” ‒ Fanny Fern
- “It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.” ‒ Anne Sexton
- “Fathers just have a way of putting everything together.” ‒ Erika Cosby
- “You gotta love dads. At my wedding, when I tripped on my wedding dress and fell flat on my face, Dad said, “Don’t worry, you’ll do better next time.” ‒ Melanie White
- “To the world, you are a dad. To our family, you are the world.” ‒ Unknown
- “Dads are like chocolate chip cookies; they may have chips or be totally nutty, but they are sweet and make the world a better place, especially for their children.” ‒ Hillary Lytle
- “A girl’s first true love is her father.” ‒ Marisol Santiago
- “A girl’s father is the first man in her life, and probably the most influential.” ‒ David Jeremiah
- “There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years, it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.” ‒ John Gregory Brown
- “I’ve said it before, but it’s absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future.” ‒ Liza Minnelli
- “A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.” ‒ Enid Bagnold
- “A father’s smile has been known to light up a child’s entire day.” ‒ Susan Gale
- “Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.” ‒ Gloria Naylor
- “Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing father.” ‒ Unknown
- “Being a daddy’s girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life.” ‒ Marinela Reka
- “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
- “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father.” ‒ Harper Lee
- “No one in this world can love a girl more than her father.” ‒ Michael Ratnadeepak
Father’s Day quotes from son
Let’s hear it for the boys!
Now onto the best happy Father’s Day quotations from sons:
- “Every father should remember one day his son will follow his example, not his advice.” ‒ Charles Kettering
- “My father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.”‒ Spike Milligan
- “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right.” ‒ Wade Boggs
- “If there is any immortality to be had among us human beings, it is certainly only in the love that we leave behind. Fathers like mine don’t ever die.” ‒ Leo Buscaglia
- “Sometimes I think my papa is an accordion. When he looks at me and smiles and breathes, I hear the notes.” ‒ Markus Zusak
- “When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son.” ‒ The Talmud
- “The power of a dad in a child’s life is unmatched.” ‒ Justin Ricklefs
- “A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.” ‒ Frank A. Clark
- “My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, ‘You’re tearing up the grass.’ ‘We’re not raising grass,’ Dad would reply. We’re raising boys.’” ‒ Harmon Killebrew
- “I love my father as the stars ‒ he’s a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.” ‒ Terri Guillemets
- “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.” ‒ Umberto Eco
- “Son, brother, father, lover, friend. There is room in the heart for all the affections, as there is room in heaven for all the stars.” ‒ Victor Hugo
- “It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.” ‒ Johann Schiller
- “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” ‒ Charles Wadsworth
- “When you meet your kids you realize that they deserve great parents. And then you have your marching orders and you have to try and become the person that they deserve.” ‒ Ryan Gosling
- “The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking.” ‒ Dan Pearce
- “My father didn’t do anything unusual. He only did what dads are supposed to do‒ be there.” ‒ Max Lucado
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” ‒ Jim Valvano
- “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” ‒ Tim Russert
- “If the relationship of father to son could really be reduced to biology, the whole earth would blaze with the glory of fathers and sons.” ‒ James Baldwin
- “Every son quotes his father, in words and in deeds.” ‒ Terri Guillemets
- “One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” ‒ George Herbert
- “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” ‒ Charles Wadworth
- “The strongest, toughest men all have compassion. They’re not heartless and cold. You have to be man enough to have compassion ‒ to care about people and about your children.” ‒ Denzel Washington
- “A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.” ‒ Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- “An almost perfect relationship with his father was the earthly root of all his wisdom.” ‒ C.S. Lewis
Father’s Day quotes for dad
How about some Father’s Day quotes specially for Dad, to make him feel like the most important person in the world?
- “The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams, and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family.” ‒ Reed Markham
- “To be as good as our fathers we must be better, imitation is not discipleship.” ‒ Wendell Phillips
- “Father! ‒ to God himself, we cannot give a holier name!” ‒ William Wordsworth
- “Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.” ‒ Barack Obama
- “He was a father. That’s what a father does. Eases the burdens of those he loves. Saves the ones he loves from painful last images that might endure for a lifetime.” ‒ George Saunders
- “Lately all my friends are worried they’re turning into their fathers. I’m worried I’m not.” ‒ Dan Zevin
- “What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard by posterity.” ‒ Jean Paul
- “And I only hope when I have my own family that everyday I see a little more of my father in me.” ‒ Keith Urban
- “The nature of fatherhood is that you’re doing something that you’re unqualified to do, and then you become qualified when you do it.” ‒ John Green
- “There will always be a few people who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father.” ‒ Alison Lohman
- “You don’t have to deserve your mother’s love. You have to deserve your father’s. He’s more particular.” ‒ Robert Frost
- “The imprint of a father remains forever on the life of the child.” ‒ Roy Lessin
- “Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows.” ‒ Al Unser
- “Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.” ‒ Unknown
- “You can tell what was the best year of your father’s life, because they seem to freeze that clothing style and ride it out.” ‒ Jerry Seinfeld
- “A father’s words are like a thermostat that sets the temperature in the house.” ‒ Paul Lewis
- “There are three stages of a man’s life: he believes in Santa Claus, he doesn’t believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus.” ‒ Unknown
How can I express my love to my father?
There are many ways you can show your dad just how much he means to you this Father’s Day:
- Give him a Father’s Day card with your favorite Father’s Day quotes inside.
- Take him out for his favorite meal.
- Go out on a day trip with your dad ‒ how about fishing, camping, or shopping?
- Play a family board game together.
- Look through old home videos and photos together.
- Watch his favorite movie.
What words describe a father?
How about some more beautiful words to go with your happy Father’s Day quotes?
Well, these are some of our favorite words to describe the most important man in your life:
How do you describe a father’s love?
A father’s love is so powerful.
Here are our favorite Father’s Day quotes that put your dad’s love into words:
- “Children learn to smile from their parents.” ‒ Shinichi Suzuki
- “Having a kid is like falling in love for the first time when you’re twelve, but every day.” ‒ Mike Meyers
- “Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.” ‒ Frank Abagnale
- “Fatherhood is the best thing I ever did. It changes your perspective. You can write a book, you can make a movie, you can paint a painting, but having kids is really the most extraordinary thing I have taken on.” ‒ Brad Pitt
- “Becoming a father, I think it inevitably changes your perspective of life.” ‒ Hugh Jackman
- “To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter.” ‒ Euripides
- “When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.” ‒ William Shakespeare
- “A dad is someone who wants to catch you when you fall. Instead, he picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again.” ‒ Unknown
- “The reward of child-rearing is spending the rest of your life proudly knowing this person you helped guide.” ‒ Mike Sager
- “A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.” ‒ Knights of Pythagoras
- “A good father is one whose only reason for putting down a laughing baby is to pick up a crying one.” ‒ Linda Poindexter
- “Being a father has been, without a doubt, my greatest source of achievement, pride, and inspiration. Fatherhood has taught me about unconditional love, reinforced the importance of giving back, and taught me how to be a better person.” ‒ Naveen Jain
- “Fatherhood is a marathon, not a sprint.” ‒ Paul L. Lewis
- “When you need real understanding, when you need someone to care, when you need someone to guide you… A father’s always there.” ‒ Thomas J. Langley
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” ‒ Unknown
- “The thrill of being a great father is not seeing your children go on to become successful adults. The thrill of a great father is the journey, experiencing your child’s successes along the pathway to their greatness.” ‒ Reed Markham
- “Great fathers don’t find fault. Great fathers find solutions.” ‒ Reed Markham
- “A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely. In the hour of need, when all else fails, we remember him upon whose knees we sat when children, and who soothed our sorrows; and even though he may be unable to assist us, his mere presence serves to comfort and strengthen us.” —Émile Gaboriau
- “By profession, I am a soldier and take great pride in that fact, but I am also prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father. A soldier destroys in order to build; the father only builds, never destroys.” ‒ General Douglas MacArthur
- “A man’s worth is measured by how he parents his children. What he gives them, what he keeps away from them, the lessons he teaches and the lessons he allows them to learn on their own.” ‒ Lisa Rogers
- “A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.” ‒ Unknown
- “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” ‒ Antoine François Prévost
- “Having a kid is like falling in love for the first time when you’re 12, but every single day.” ‒ Mike Myers
- “Daddies don’t just love their children every now and then, it’s a love without end.” ‒ George Strait
- “He adopted a role called being a father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a protector.” ‒ Tom Wolfe
- “A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you.” ‒ Dimitri the Stoneheart
- “A father carries pictures where his money used to be.” ‒ Steve Martin
- “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” ‒ Sigmund Freud
- “No man stands taller than when he stoops to help a child.” ‒ Abraham Lincoln
What is the best quote for Father’s Day?
And what’s the best of our favorite Father’s Day quotes?
Well, it’s short, sweet, and simple:
- “A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.”– Unknown
That’s all of our top happy Father’s Day quotes for you to share with the most important man in your life.
Which Father’s Day quotations are your favorites? Why not share them with the other mamas on Peanut?
💡 More from The 411:
110+ Best Father’s Day Gifts 2022: Gift Ideas for Dad
Our 40 Favorite Inspirational Motherhood Quotes
100+ Unconditional Mother-Daughter Love Quotes
25 Best Husband Quotes to Show Love and Appreciation
40 Delightful Daughter’s Day Quotes
50 Affirmations for Moms
50 Inspirational Quotes for Kids
50 Inspiring Quotes for International Women’s Day
50 Parenting Quotes to Remember
48 Memorable Quotes About Daughters
20 Happy Daughter’s Day Wishes and Quotes
37 “Miss You” ‒ Mother’s Day in Heaven Quotes
230 Mother’s Day Quotes for Mom
200+ Mother’s Day Cards Messages to Make Her Day
80 Reading Quotes for Kids