We all have skeletons in the closet—those stories that we’d rather not think about.
But Peanut is for real talk and nothing is off-limits. So in the spirit of Halloween, we asked our community to share their most hilarious, shocking experiences, and wow, these stories are priceless.
Here are some of the best (or worst… depending on how you look at it!):
1. I was at my partner’s parents house when I walked up behind him, stroked his back and said ‘hey handsome’. I almost died of shame when I realized this wasn’t my partner, but his dad. In my defense, they’re the same height and build!
2. While in hospital to give birth my partner loudly announced to everyone in the room ‘Wow, I didn’t know your hemorrhoids were so bad!’
3. I was sending private pictures to my fiance’s phone while not realizing my MIL was on it at that very moment. Yes, she saw. And yes, I still struggle to look her in the eye.
4. My husband and I have a very active sex life, especially since our little one was born. I never thought I’d admit this, but I breastfeed him as we both find it so hot!
5. I was once hiking with my friends when I slipped and ripped the back of my leggings wide open on the one day I decided to forgo underwear. I had to hike over an hour back to the car with my butt out for the world to see.
6. No one but my doula and partner know this, but I masturbated during the early stages of labor to help with the pain. And honestly, it worked!
7. My MIL walked in on us while I was trying the whole ‘elevating your legs after sex’ thing.
8. I went on holiday with friends a few years ago at a time when I was sleepwalking a lot (you see where this is going!). A few nights into the holiday I woke up at the end of a friend’s bed stark naked. She saw everything.
9. My husband and I had a lot of sex in a lot of different positions when we were trying to conceive. So much so that we bruised his penis and the doctor told us we had to stop.
For more real talk, join the conversation on Peanut.