If your go-to order is an oat milk latte, you carry a recycled tote bag from your favorite book store and love trying new vegan restaurants that open in your neighborhood, then you need this list of hipster baby names.
Hipster parents are stylish, cultured, fun and have young spirits. And often, they don’t even know they’re hipsters. They’re just that cool.
So if you’re looking for a unique and cool name for your baby boy or girl, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article: 📝
- What are the most hipster baby names for girls?
- What are popular hipster baby names for girls?
- What are some fun hipster names for girls?
- What are the most hipster baby names for boys?
- What are popular hipster baby names for boys?
- What are some fun hipster names for boys?
- What are some gender-neutral hipster baby names?
What are the most hipster baby names for girls?
If you want your baby to be the most hipster baby on the block, these names should sit at the top of your shortlist.
- Aurélie: Golden.
- Ivy: Eternity.
- Judie: Praised.
- Juniper: Of Latin origin meaning “young.”
- Lola: Popular spanish name meaning “sorrows.”
- Maple: Lush and sweet.
- Olive: A fun twist on Olivia.
- Prudence: Imagine having an entire Beatles song dedicated to you.
- Rain: Abundant blessings from above.
- Zelda: Blessed and happy.
- Zola: Italian origin meaning “lump of earth.”
What are popular hipster baby names for girls?
Although hipsters tend to stray away from the mainstream, these names are popular among self-proclaimed hipster and indie parents. Here are our favorites:
- Cressida: Gold in Greek.
- Daisy: Because hipsters appreciate nature and pretty flower names.
- Delilah: Hey there… Delilah
- Ella: Goddess in Hebrew.
- India: Popularized in England during the British Raj.
- June: From Juno, the name of a Roman goddess.
- Mia: Mine.
- Phoebe: Everyone’s favorite Friends character.
- Ruby: Like the precious stone. Symbolizes nobility, passion and purity.
- Sadie: Princess in Hebrew.
- Tallulah: Native-American meaning “leaping water.”
- Willow: Like the tree, and Will and Jada Smith’s daughter.
What are some fun hipster names for girls?
Looking for an unusual and fun name for your baby girl? Try these!
- Anais: Unusual, exotic and graceful.
- Beatrix: Trix for short.
- Calliope: “Beautiful-voiced.”
- Clementine: Gentle and feminine.
- Ione: Greek for Violet.
- Leonora: Compassionate.
- Lux: Light
- Mabel: Loveable.
- Nora: Of Irish origin, means light.
- Xena: Guest
- Zora: Swahili name that means “dawn.”
What are the most hipster baby names for boys?
These boy names are fun and unique, perfect for your future heart-throb.
- Atticus: A great way to honor your favorite novel, To Kill a Mockingbird.
- Austin: Suave and cool.
- Brooklyn: If it’s cool enough for David and Victoria Beckham, it’s cool enough for us.
- Cosmo: Order and beauty
- Ezra: A Biblical name meaning “help” or “helper” in Hebrew.
- Jude: Hey…Jude. A classic.
- Leopold: Nickname Leo.
- Milo: Of Germanic origin meaning “soldier” or “merciful.”
- Romeo: Because who said Shakespeare wasn’t cool.
- Sunny: You smiled at me and really eased the pain.
- Zeke: Short for Ezekiel.
- Zion: Cue Lauryn Hill and Carlo Santana’s ‘To Zion’.
What are popular hipster baby names for boys?
Maybe you’ve already heard these, but one thing’s for sure - these names exude coolness.
- Eli: Ascended, high, uplifted.
- Felix: Happy or lucky.
- Jagger: A legend.
- Matteo: For the Jane the Virgin fans out there.
- Monty: From the mountain.
- Orson: Bear cub.
What are some fun hipster names for boys?
Still haven’t found the perfect hipster name for your little boy? We’ve got you.
- Ace: Unity.
- Cairo: Victorious, Egyptian capital.
- Elvis: King of rock and roll. Perfect for a groovy baby.
- Rufus: Meaning red-haired, perfect for a little ginger babe.
What are some gender-neutral hipster baby names?
Whether you don’t know the sex of your baby yet or you want to give them a non-binary start in life, these gender-neutral and unisex baby names are a great choice.
- Arlo: A popular Scottish name.
- Billie: Resolute protection
- Frances: Franny, Fran
- Holden: Like in ‘Catcher in the Rye’
- James: Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds named their daughter James.
- Kai: In Hawaiian, Kai is a gender-neutral name which means sea or ocean.
- Zephyr: West wind.
👶 More baby names:
138 Unisex Baby Names
150 of the Most Cool and Rare Baby Names
100+ Uncommon Baby Names & Their Meanings
143 Victorian Baby Names with Meanings
190 Gothic Baby Names & Their Meanings
100+ Christmas Baby Names
88 Dutch Baby Names
40 Flower Baby Names for Boys With Meanings
100+ Baby Names That Mean Peace
50 Baby Names That Mean Fire
218 Beautiful Exotic Baby Name