If you’re feeling the big feelings but can’t find the words, we’ve got you the best husband and wife quotes to help you out. Read on, lovers. ❤️
It’s your anniversary.
You got the gift. You’ve made the plans.
Now you’ve just got to find the best husband and wife quotes out there so that you can find the words to go with the occasion.
But where to start.
I mean you this person is the love of your life, so how hard can it be?
I love you.
Like, a lot.
If only there was a list out there.
Something like, “What is a good marriage quote?” or “What is the most romantic saying?”
Surprise, you’ve found it! We’ve got you covered.
Well, us and some of the best in the business.
There are reasons why John Legend and Shakespeare are household names. They’ve got somewhat of a way with words.
Here are our favorite husband and wife quotes, wife and wife quotes, and husband and husband quotes to get you in the mood for love.
In this article: 📝
- Literary inspiration
- Movie inspiration
- Musical inspiration
We like big books, and we can not lie. So we’ve picked out the best parts.
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” — Dr. Seuss
- “you open always petal by petal myself as spring opens (touching skilfully,mysteriously) her first rose” — e.e. cummings
- “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow—this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” — Mignon McLaughlin
- “Who, being loved, is poor?” — Oscar Wilde
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” — Alfred Tennyson
- “I do love nothing in the world so well as you—is not that strange?” — William Shakespeare
- “I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.” — Pablo Neruda
- “Clasp me close in your warm young arms,
While the pale stars shine above,
And we’ll live our whole young lives away
In the joys of a living love.” — Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- “I will bring you a whole person and you will bring me a whole person and we will have us twice as much of love and everything.” — Mari Evans
- “I know for sure that love saves me and that it is here to save us all.” — Maya Angelou
- “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.” — Deborah Moggach from the Pride and Prejudice screenplay
- “My spellbound heart has made and remade
the necklace of songs, that you take as a gift,
wear round your neck in your many forms,
in life after life,
in age after age,
forever.” — Rabindranath Tagore
- “…I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.” — Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.” — Emily Dickinson
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.” — Pablo Neruda
For movie buffs, husband and wife love quotes may be just the ticket. Lights, camera, action!
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — When Harry Met Sally
- “You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” — Gone With The Wind
- “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard, and we’re gonna have to work at this every day. But I wanna do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever. You and me. Every day.” — The Notebook
- “To me, you are perfect.” — Love, Actually
- “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” — Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- “If you can promise me anything, promise me that whenever you’re sad, or unsure, or you lose complete faith, that you’ll try to see yourself through my eyes.” — P.S. I Love You
- “Do I love you? My god, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.” — The Princess Bride
- “I have crossed oceans of time to find you.” — Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- “You had me at Hello.” — Jerry Maguire
Love quotes for husbands, wives, and anyone who makes your heart sing!
- “Cause all of me loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections.” — All of Me, John Legend
- “You’ve been my inspiration. Through the lies, you were the truth. My world is a better place because of you.” — Because You Loved Me, Celine Dion
- “And when you smile. The whole world stops and stares for a while. ‘Cause girl, you’re amazing. Just the way you are.” — Just the Way You Are, Bruno Mars
- “And we’ll build this love from the ground up, now ‘til forever it’s all of me, all of you, just take my hand, and I’ll be the man your dad hoped that I’d be.” — From The Ground Up, Dan + Shay
- “Take me to your heart. For it’s there that I belong. And will never part.” — Love Me Tender, Elvis Presley
- “When the evening shadows and the stars appear.
And there is no one there to dry your tears.
Oh, I hold you for a million years.
To make you feel my love.” — Make You Feel My Love, Bob Dylan
- “Let me tell you a story about a girl and a boy.
He fell in love with his best friend,
when she’s around he feels nothing but joy.” — Fall, Justin Bieber
- “Don’t wanna know another kiss.
No other name falling off my lips.” — I’ll Never Love Again, Lady Gaga
- “You are the best thing, that’s ever been mine.” — Mine, Taylor Swift
- “’Cause after all these years. I still feel everything when you are near.” — All These Years, Camila Cabello
- “No matter what I do, I’m no good without you and I can’t get enough. Must be love on the brain.” — Love On The Brain, Rihanna
- “Whenever I’m alone with you, You make me feel like I am home again.” — Lovesong, The Cure
- “You, you make loving fun. And I don’t have to tell you, but you’re the only one.” — You Make Loving Fun, Fleetwood Mac
- “How long will I love you, as long as stars are above you, and longer if I can.” — How Long Will I Love You, Ellie Goulding
- “I hope you don’t mind, that I put down in words. How wonderful life is while you’re in the world.” — Your Song, Elton John
Nat King Cole wasn’t wrong when he sang, “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn. Is just to love. And be loved in return.”
Enjoy your time together. ❤️
💡 More from The 411:
25 Best Husband Quotes to Show Love and Appreciation
50 Affirmations for Moms
How to Find Mom Friends in Your Area
Healing From Mom Burnout
How to Meet Other Moms
Peanut: Tinder for Moms (& So Much More!)
Peanut Gave Me a Platform to Find My “Framily”, Where Other Platforms Couldn’t
What is Gentle Parenting?
230 Mother’s Day Quotes for Mom
100+ Happy Father’s Day Quotes
80 Reading Quotes for Kids
50 Confidence Quotes for Women