Got yourself a budding Sarah Silverman? The next Jerry Seinfeld? Then give them some fresh material to work with. In this post, we’ve hand-selected 50 of the best jokes for kids and toddlers.
Original children’s jokes — the ones they invent themselves — are the best. You know the ones, with the nonsensical punchlines that have them belly-laughing so hard that you can’t help but join in.
They come from a place of pure innocence and imagination. And those so-bad-they’re-good kids jokes are usually misquoted, misremembered jumbles of details they’ve heard before. Whether it’s thanks to a joke from a grandparent, friends from daycare, or something they’ve watched on TV, your little comic won’t always nail the delivery, and that’s often part of the charm.
Yet, if we’re being honest, mama, there’s only so many times you can giggle at “What do you call a tiger with glasses on? A scientist tiger!” (courtesy of @KidsWriteJokes) before you start to lose your mind.
So, to give your soon-to-be stand-up some fresh material, we’ve curated 50 jokes for kids. From our personal favorites to the best knock-knock jokes around, you’re bound to find something that tickles their funny bone — and yours, too.
Top Jokes for kids 📝
- Peanut’s favorite funny jokes for kids
- Knock-knock jokes for kids
- Silly jokes for kids
- Kid-friendly toddler jokes
Peanut’s favorite funny jokes for kids
Short and sweet, these are good jokes for kids to tell one another, or for you to make them laugh and smile. Enjoy!
- Why can’t Elsa be trusted with a balloon?
Because she’ll “let it go, let it goooooo.” (Bonus points if you sing the punchline)
- Why did the cookie go to the doctor?
Because he felt crummy.
- Why does a seagull fly over the sea?
Because if it flew over the bay, it would be a bagel.
- What did the left eye say to the right eye?
Between you and me, something smells.
- Why is six afraid of seven?
Because seven eight nine.
- Why don’t pirates shower before they walk the plank?
Because they’ll just wash up on shore later.
- Where did the kittens go for their field trip?
- What do you call a dog magician?
- How do you throw a party on Mars?
- What did the frog order at the restaurant?
French flies and Diet Croak.
- Why did the teddy bear refuse dessert?
Because he was stuffed.
- How do you make an octopus laugh?
- What musical instrument do you find in the bathroom?
A tuba toothpaste.
- Why didn’t the orange win the race?
It ran out of juice.
- Why is Cinderella so bad at soccer?
Because she runs away from the ball.
Knock-knock jokes for kids
You can’t beat a classic knock-knock joke for kids. With their simple setup and clever punchlines, these easy-to-remember jokes are sure to have your little ones howling with laughter.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? A little old lady. A little old lady who? Hey, I didn’t know you could yodel!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Owls say. Owls say who? Yes, they do.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Cows go. Cows go who? No, cows go mooooo.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Figs. Figs who? Figs the doorbell, it’s broken.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Woo. Woo who? Glad you’re excited to see me!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Nana. Nana who? Nana your business.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Europe. Europe who? Hey, that’s not nice!
- Knock knock. *Who’s there? Spell. Spell who? If you insist… W. H. O.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Cash. Cash who? No thanks, I prefer peanuts.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Interrupting cow. Interrupting cow wh… MOOOOOO!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Nobel. Nobel who? No bell, that’s why I knocked.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Theodore. Theodore who? Theodore is stuck and I can’t get it open.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Police. Police who? Police let me in, it’s freezing out here.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Iran. Iran who? Iran here and now I’m tired.
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Armageddon. Armageddon who? Armageddon a little bored of all these knock-knock jokes.
Silly jokes for kids
The funniest jokes are sometimes the silliest, like these ones:
- Why did the elephant paint himself different colors?
So he could hide in the crayon box!
- Why do bees have sticky hair?
Because they use honeycombs.
- What do you call a bear with no teeth?
A gummy bear.
- Why do sharks swim in saltwater?
Because pepper water makes them sneeze!
- Which side of a turkey has the most feathers?
- Why couldn’t the pony sing in the choir?
Because she was a little horse.
- Can you jump higher than the Empire State Building?
Of course, you can! The Empire State Building can’t jump.
- What is brown and sticky?
- Why did the astronaut stay in the space station?
Because the moon was full.
- Why was the broom late for school?
It over swept.
Kid-friendly toddler jokes
And to finish, how about some kid-friendly jokes for toddlers? Some of these might go over their little heads, but hey, they’ve got animals in them — so everyone’s a winner.
- What animal is always playing baseball?
- What do you call a dinosaur having a nap?
- Why are fish so smart?
Because they live in schools.
- Why did the turkey cross the road?
To show everyone he wasn’t a chicken.
- How did the bee get to school on time?
It took the school buzz.
- **What do you get if you cross a cat with a parrot?
- Why do hummingbirds hum?
Because they don’t know the words
- Where do cows go with their friends on the weekend?
- Why don’t lions like fast food?
Because it’s harder to catch.
- Which bird is always out of breath?
There you have it. 50 funny jokes for kids. What’s your favorite kid’s joke? Share it with the mamas on Peanut!