Read on for 42 incredible mother-daughter quotes and captions for letting your daughter know how amazing she is — and how much she means to you.
Searching for meaningful mother-daughter quotes to show your daughter just how much you care? We’ve got you.
There’s nothing like that indefinable, unbreakable bond between mamas and daughters.
It’s support, connection, friendship, love, and empowerment all rolled into one.
But it’s also something else — notoriously tricky to put into words.
So whether you’re looking for mother-to-daughter quotes for a social media post, birthday card, or just to let them know how amazing they are, here are some special words to celebrate the love you share.
In this article: 📝
- What is a mother’s love quote?
- How can I express my love to my daughter?
- How should I caption my daughter’s picture?
- What is the best caption for a daughter?
What is a mother’s love quote?
The bond between mamas and daughters is one of a kind.
It’s full of ups and downs, laughter and tears.
No doubt, it’s both special and complicated.
One thing’s for sure, though, a mama’s love is unconditional.
Here are some beautiful words for expressing that big, powerful, motherly love.
Unconditional love mother-daughter quotes
- “A mother’s love is like an everlasting bed of roses that continues to blossom. A mother’s love bears strength, comfort, healing, and warmth.” — Ellen J. Barrier
- “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” — Honoré de Balzac
- “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “My mother shed her protective love down around me and without knowing why people sensed that I had value.” — Maya Angelou
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” — Robert Browning
- “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark.” — J.K. Rowling
- “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” — Erich Fromm
- “We are born of love; love is our mother.” — Rumi
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” — 1. Agatha Christie
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” — Unknown
- “Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter.” — Caitlin Houston
How can I express my love to my daughter?
Mama and daughter relationships are as different as the individuals that make them.
So there’s no “perfect” way to show you care.
Here are some of the best quotes for you to try on.
Bonding mother and daughter quotes
- “Mothers and daughters are part of each other’s consciousness, in different degrees and in a different way, but still with the mutual sense of something which has always been there.” — Edith Wharton
- “I’ve got her spirit, she’s always got my back. When I look at her, I think, I want to be just like that.” — Lauren Alaina
- “A mother and a daughter always share a special bond, which is engraved on their hearts.” — Unknown
- “The biggest adjustment is I just didn’t know there was that much room in a house for that much joy.” — Hoda Kotb
- “The bond between a mother and her child is the only real and purest bond in the world, the only true love we can ever find in our lifetime.” — Ama H. Vanniarachchy
- “Mother was comfort. Mother was home.” — Ruta Sepetys
- “There were times, in middle school and junior high, I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.” — Taylor Swift
- “We were bound together for eternity.” — Alice Hoffman
- “A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” — Emily Dickinson
- “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.” — Jodi Picoult
- “Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with.” — Melia Keeton-Digby
How should I caption my daughter’s picture?
We’ve all been there, that struggle to find words that really capture how we feel.
Whether it’s a family photo album or social media post, captions can be tricky.
Whether you’re looking for something silly and fun, or want to get those hankies ready for a touchingly emotional post, here are some fab mother-to-daughter quotes for creative captions.
Mother to daughter quotes for pictures
- “Life is tough my darling, but so are you.” — Stephanie Bennet Henry
- “A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.” — Laurel Atherton
- “A mother and daughter’s love is never separated.” — Viola Shipman
- “For all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you.” — Unknown
- “The love between a mother and a daughter is forever.” — Patricia Wayant
- “A mother’s treasure is her daughter.” — Catherine Pulsifer
- “And though she be but little, she is fierce.” — William Shakespeare
- “From a little girl so very small, how and when did you get so tall?” ― Karen Mortensen
- “You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.” — E.E. Cummings
- “A daughter is someone you laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart.” — Unknown
- “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” — Winnie the Pooh
- “Who runs the world? Girls.” — Beyoncé
What is the best caption for a daughter?
Mamas inspire daughters to follow their dreams and live confidently, knowing they have their mama’s support.
For personalized gifts, pithy posts, or that thoughtful note left on the kitchen counter, make her smile with these sweet and inspiring quotes.
💖 You might also like: Mother and Daughter Tattoos: 42 Design Ideas
Uplifting quotes about my daughter
- “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.” — Bethany Hamilton
- “Her mother would tell her she was beautiful and that everything was all right.” — Sarah Addison Allen
- “Someday when the pages of my life end, I know that you will be one of the most beautiful chapters.” — Unknown
- “Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures.” — Margaret F. Sangster
- “In my life, you are the sun that never fades and the moon that never wanes.” — Unknown
- “No daughter and mother ever live apart, no matter what the distance between them.” — Christie Watson
- “A daughter is a bundle of firsts that excite and delight… everything wonderful and precious and your love for her knows no bounds.” — Barbara Cage
- “What sunshine is to flowers, and tides are to the sea, is nowhere as important as you’re being in my life is to me.” — C. Stellar
Putting our feelings into words can be tricky, but with these mother-daughter quotes you’ll have plenty of inspiration.
From quick pick-me-ups to timeless words of wisdom and support, what you want to say to your daughter might change — but that mama daughter love won’t.