After the perfect touching message for Mother’s Day?
We’ve got 205 Happy Mother’s Day card messages for you to choose from.
So, whether you’re looking for Happy Mother’s Day messages to friends, family, or simply Mother’s Day wishes to all moms, we’ve got you covered.
In this article: 📝
- What do you say in a Mother’s Day card?
- Mother’s Day blessings
- Funny Mother’s Day messages
- Spanish Mother’s Day messages
- What should I write in my mother’s card?
- What is the best message for all mothers day?
What do you say in a Mother’s Day card?
Not sure what to write in a Mother’s Day card?
Well, before we launch into our mega-list of Mother’s Day cards messages, here are some ideas for what to write in a Mother’s Day card:
- Tell your mom how much you love her
- Share some meaningful memories
- Add a poignant Mother’s Day quote
- Say what you’re thankful for that she’s done for you
- Say “Happy Mother’s Day”!
Mother’s Day blessings
After a touching message for Mother’s Day? Take your pick from these meaningful Mother’s Day blessings:
- Thank you for all the hugs, words of encouragement, and impeccable patience through the years.
- Mama, you sacrificed so I could rise. I want you to know I see that.
- With love from the luckiest child in the world.
- Mom, you are the piece that holds us together.
- Thank you for being such a pillar to this family. We all love you so much! Happy Mother’s Day!
- You hold such a special place in my heart. I’m so thankful for you.
- I’m so proud to be your child.
- Right from the start, you supported me in everything. Thank you for being there with just the love I needed.
- For all you do and all you are, we love you with all our hearts.
- You’re the best mom, we feel so blessed to have you!
- Mama, your love speaks to each of us in just the way we need.
- Thanks for putting up with us! We love you so very, very much.
- Thanks for making home the happiest place to be.
- We’re thinking of you with lots of love today!
- Mom, you’re the glue that holds us together.
- Happy Mothers Day! Thank you for everything you’ve done for us. It’s more than we can ever repay you!
- I love you and wish you the best Mothers Day!
- Wishing you a calm and relaxing Mothers Day. You deserve to be pampered!
- Thank you for every hug, word of encouragement, and acts of love you’ve given me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I can’t imagine life without your love, guidance, and support. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to an amazing woman I’ll always admire, appreciate and love!
- Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for always being the shining example of what I wanted to be like when I grew up!
- Thank you for laughing with us in the best of times and sticking with us through the worst of times! What would we do without you?
- Happy Mother’s Day to the best role model I could have ever asked for!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the woman who raised me into the strong, independent woman I am today.
- I love you to the moon and back, mom! Thank you for always inspiring me to live, love, and laugh!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the best mom in the world! I’ll always cherish our movie nights, cooking experiments, and laughter!
- You’re the best listener, the best cook, the best friend, the best mom I could ever ask for. Happy Mother’s day!
- Every day I feel so lucky to call you my mom. Enjoy today, you deserve it!
- You’re my one and only mom, and I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Mom, from feeding and clothing me, to loving me in the tough times, to helping me succeed in my goals – I owe it all to you.
- I’m so proud to be your kid!
- You’re the best mom in the world, I’m so thankful for you every day.
- Mom, I hope you relax and enjoy today just like you deserve!
- Thank you for being someone I could always look up to, mom.
- I wouldn’t ask for any other person to be my mom!
- I’m who I am today because of you, mom.
- Thank you for always taking care of us, even when it wasn’t easy. We love you so much!
- If I wrote down all the reasons I love you, it’d take up a whole book!
- Thank you for always being right by my side. I love you, mom!
- I don’t know what I’d do without you, mom. Thank you for everything that you do!
- Home is wherever you are, mom.
- I’m so grateful to call you my mom and my best friend!
- Mom, you’re the glue that holds us all together.
- The best compliment anyone can give me is to say that I’m just like you.
- Sending Mother’s Day wishes today from the luckiest child in the world!
- Now that I’m grown, I don’t just feel gratitude for you—I admire you.
- Happy Mother’s Day to a woman who truly does it all! I love you so much. Thank you for everything you do for us.
- Thanks for making home the happiest place to be. Happy Mother’s Day.
- I’m forever grateful, and I look up to you more than you know.
Funny Mother’s Day messages
How about bringing a different kind of tear to your mom’s eye with these hilarious funny Mother’s Day messages:
- Mom, I was lucky enough to inherit your eyes and your sense of humor. I keep hoping I’ll get your lie detector capabilities, too!
- Happy Mother’s Day from your favorite child. (It’s okay, I haven’t told the others.)
- If I ever win the lottery, I’m totally making sure you get all the overtime pay you to deserve for being our family’s taxi driver, on-call nurse, personal shopper, and referee.
- One day a year to recognize a job that gets no days off a year? Get in the car, Mom… we’re unionizing.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Mama. Every day I’m thankful you’re mine.
- You’re my mom. You’re my friend. You’re everything to me.
- Mama, you often stood between me and the unfair stuff. Thank you for protecting my spirit.
- Sorry if I drove you crazy sometimes—but you know I only do that to people I love!
- You know, Mom, it was really cool of you to ignore all those times I got home past curfew. What, you don’t remember that? Haha, just kidding, me either!
- This Mother’s Day, I’d like to propose a deal ‒ I’ll promise to visit more often if you’ll promise to stop referring to the dog as my brother. Agreed?
- Raising me took a lot of patience and strength. Thanks for hanging in there.
- Sorry if I drove you crazy. I only did it because I love you!
- Happy Mother’s Day! I promise today I’ll tidy my room. Maybe.
- I wanted to get you something special this Mother’s Day, so I decided to give you some peace and quiet.
- Mother’s Day is every day when you have a gift of a child like me!
- Happy Mother’s Day! We wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you. Literally.
- I’m so glad I didn’t fall far from the tree.
- You were right about absolutely everything. Thanks for being my mom!
- Moms are like buttons ‒ they hold everything together.
- My love for you is bigger than the pile of laundry in my room.
- Mom, it turns out that you were right about everything.
- I love you Mom, even though I’ll never accept your friend request.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my best friend and my cheapest therapist.
- Mom, you deserve the world. But for now, I hope this card will do!
- You’re the best mom ever ‒ just look at me, I turned out amazing!
- Raising me took a lot of patience ‒ thank you for everything that you’ve done!
Spanish Mother’s Day messages
If your family is Spanish or you have some Spanish heritage, you’ll love these beautiful Spanish Mother’s Day messages to share with your mamacita:
- ¡Feliz día de las madres! ‒ Happy Mother’s Day
- Eres una madre ejemplar, y por eso hoy te mereces un día rodeada de mucho amor y lleno de cosas lindas. ‒ You are an exemplary mother, and that is why today you deserve a day surrounded by lots of love and full of beautiful things.
- Gracias por todo lo que me has hecho. ‒ Thanks for all you’ve done for me.
- Gracias por llenar nuestra familia de ternura y esperanza. Eres una maravillosa mamá. ‒ Thank you for filling our family with tenderness and hope. You are a wonderful mom.
- Mamá, eres muy especial en mi vida, y por eso este Día de las Madres, te deseo mucho amor y felicidad. ‒ Mom, you are very special in my life, and that is why this Mother’s Day I wish you much love and happiness.
- Gracias por tanto esfuerzo y dedicación. Te queremos con todo el corazón. ‒ Thank you for so much effort and dedication. We love you with all our hearts.
- Eres una mujer que ama a su familia sin condición, y por eso te admiro mucho. ‒ You are a woman who loves her family without condition, and for that I admire you a lot.
- Mama, estoy agradecido/agradecida por todo tu trabajo. ‒ Mom, I’m thankful for all your work.
- Eres una mujer llena de virtudes. Tenerte como mama es una gran bendición. ‒ You are a woman full of virtues. Having you as a mom is a great blessing.
- Eres la mejor mamá del mundo. ‒ You’re the best mom in the world.
- Mama, hoy te celebramos y reconocemos el gran valor que le das a nuestra familia. ‒ Mom, today we celebrate you and recognize the great value you give to our family.
- Tu presencia en mi vida es un regalo de amor. Gracias por el cariño, el apoyo y tu sabiduría. ‒ Your presence in my life is a gift of love. Thank you for your love, support, and wisdom.
What should I write in my mother’s card?
If you’re after specific Mother’s Day cards messages for certain members of your family, like your daughter, grandmother, stepmom, mother-in-law, wife, or even a friend, we’ve got you covered:
Happy Mother’s Day to my daughter
Want to wish your daughter a Happy Mother’s Day? We’ve got the perfect Mother’s Day messages for daughters:
- I’m so proud of you that I can’t even express it. Your children are a beautiful reflection of your loving heart.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful daughter. Thanks for being such a devoted mother to a few of our favorite grandchildren!
- Now that you’re a mom, hope you know a little of the joy I knew when I had you.
- You’ve always been such a great daughter… and you’ve made me such a happy grandmother!
- Motherhood is such a perfect expression of the gentle, caring person you are. It really warms our hearts to see you with your little one.
- You’ve always been so loving. To see your love poured into your family every day makes me so proud.
- The world is changing so much, in so many ways. But one thing that hasn’t changed is the love moms give. And you do that in your own beautiful way. I’m so proud of you.
- I am so lucky to have you for my daughter. And your child is even luckier to have you for their mother.
- Thinking of you and that sweet grandbaby of mine today!
- So proud of the wonderful job you’re doing as a mom.
- Seems like just yesterday you were a little girl yourself. Love seeing you as a mom!
- Happy Mother’s Day to a daughter who just keeps on bringing joy to her family.
- Watching you grow into an incredible mother has been the best gift I can ask for.
- I am so proud of the mother you’ve become and the beautiful family and life you’ve created.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my daughter, thank you for making me such a happy grandparent!
- It seems like yesterday I was holding you in my arms. Seeing you with your own children fills my heart with so much love.
- I’m so glad you now know how much joy you’ve brought to my life as a mother.
- I can’t even express how proud I am of you for all you’ve overcome and all you give as a mother.
Mother’s Day message to grandma
Happy Mother’s Day to the matriarch of your family! Here are our top picks for the best Mother’s Day messages for grandmothers:
- You’ll always have your own special place in my heart, Nana.
- You’ve always spoiled me rotten, and I’ve loved every second of it.
- Grandma, you’re a big part of my favorite memories and an even bigger reason why I feel so lucky to be born into this family.
- God knew what He was doing when He made you a grandma—He knew you’d be the best one ever.
- I hope you know how much I admire the strong woman you are.
- Nana, you’ve taught me so much about love and family.
- I could sure use a grandma hug right now.
- Thanks for all the cookies and love. And cookies. Did I mention cookies?
- Grandma, your love has shaped me in lasting ways.
- You went above and beyond to help raise me, and it’s given us such a special connection.
- You are the heart and soul of our family. Love you, Grammy!
- For all you’ve gone through, all you are, and all the love you share, we love you, Grandmama.
- You are the cornerstone of our family. Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma!
- You’re the best listener, the best cook, the best friend…basically, the best grandma I could ask for.
- You don’t just give love, you are love. And we love you so much, too.
- Gran, your strength is the foundation we all stand on.
- Happy Mother’s Day to our matriarch! Thank you for all the love and work you put into this family!
- Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma, we all love you so much!
- It’s too bad they don’t have a Grandmother’s Day, that way, we’d have two days a year to celebrate all that you do! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day! Sorry, you had to put up with (parent’s name) for so long!
- Happy Mother’s Day, Gram-gram! Thanks for always spoiling me and sneaking me cookies!
- Love you, Grandma! Hope you’re surrounded by family this Mother’s Day!
- I couldn’t ask for a better grandma to show me what unconditional love is like.
- Thank you for spoiling me rotten!
- I can never repay you for how much you’ve done for me over the years, Grandma.
- Happy Mother’s Day from your favorite grandchild!
- Thank you for being the best listener a grandkid could ask for.
- I cherish every moment we get to spend together, Grandma.
- Thank you for making my childhood (and adulthood!) so special.
- You’ve been a second mom to me all these years. I couldn’t ask for anything more, Grandma.
- Your love has shaped me in so many ways, Grandma. Thank you for always supporting me!
Mother’s Day messages for stepmom
Every family is different, every mom is different, and some moms aren’t biological but love us all the same. Here are our favorite Mother’s Day messages for stepmoms to make their day:
- You didn’t have to fall in love with us when you fell in love with [Dad/Mom], but we’re so glad you did. And we love you right back.
- The universe knew I needed you in my life. So glad to have you as my “bonus Mom”.
- I didn’t start my life loving you, but now I can’t imagine life without you.
- You never tried to replace anyone ‒ you simply came into my life and offered more love. And I can’t thank you enough for that generosity.
- You showed me that stepmoms aren’t evil. You also taught me that some frogs stay frogs. Thanks for setting the record straight.
- When we met you, we didn’t know what to expect. But you totally blew us away with how fun and loving you are. Talk about best surprise ever!
- In you, I have a mom and a friend. It’s like the world’s best buy-one-get-one-free offer!
- You don’t mom like my mom, and I genuinely appreciate that. It’s taught me to see love in so many different ways.
- You’ve been like a mom to me ‒ someone I can tell anything and ask anything. Thank you for being such an important person in my life.
- With love to an amazing human… from someone who hopes to be half as amazing as you someday.
- Just wanted to recognize you on Mother’s Day for being such a caring and positive influence in my life.
- We hope it doesn’t come as a surprise that we’re thinking of you today. After all, you’ve loved us just like a mom.
- Every time my heart said, “I need a mom,” you were there.
- I am so grateful for our loving, blended family. Thank you for being a part of our lives!
- We might not be blood, but you’ve shown me love just like any mother would.
- Being a family is what’s in your heart that matters, which is why you’re my forever family!
- Parenthood requires love, not DNA. Thank you for all that you do for me!
- I am so lucky that you’re my stepmom. Thank you for supporting and loving me.
Happy Mother’s Day mother-in-law
Mothers-in-law aren’t the ‘evil’ characters of fairy tales ‒ they’re an addition to your family.
These are our best Happy Mother’s Day mother-in-law messages, according to our mamas of Peanut:
- Marriage made you my mother-in-law. Love made you my friend.
- I couldn’t let Mother’s Day go by without thanking you for raising one heck of a wonderful human to be my partner in life.
- I love all the ways you find to keep our family relationships thriving.
- There’s simply no one else like you. I’m so blessed we’re family… and that we’re friends.
- You’re a wonderful mama to [partner’s name], a wonderful grandmom to our kids, and a wonderful friend to me. How did I get so wonderfully lucky?
- The way you’ve made me part of your family and cared for me like one of your own makes me feel loved in a way I’ve never known.
- You always know what to say, what to bring, and what to do. Teach me your ways, oh wise one!
- Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for welcoming me into your family with open arms all those years ago!
- How lucky am I to have gotten you as a mother-in-law? Happy Mother’s Day from all of us!
- Happy Mother’s Day to an in-law I can’t imagine life without.
- Thank you for your kindness, generosity, and love you’ve shown me over the years.
- I am so grateful to be a part of your family.
- Your son/daughter is proof of the wonderful mother you are!
- You’re more than an in-law to me, you’re like a second mom. Thank you for all that you do!
- You’re everything that I could ask for in a mother-in-law.
- You raised your [daughter/son] to be such a kind, compassionate person. Thank you for that and for being such a wonderful mother-in-law.
- A wonderful mother-in-law like you deserves an equally wonderful Mother’s Day.
- Thank you for making me feel like a part of the family right from the beginning.
Mother’s Day message to wife
After some meaningful Mother’s Day messages to your partner to show them how much you care and appreciate all they do? Read on!
- You are more beautiful than ever to me.
- I love our family, and I love you.
- Creativity, laughter, dedication… there’s so much to admire in the way you do motherhood day in and day out.
- You hold us down, lift us up and keep us together ‒ all with your love.
- Thank you for all the ways you go above and beyond every day for our family. The kids and I are so lucky to have you.
- I’m so grateful to be sharing life, love, and parenthood with someone as creative and fun as you.
- From the moment we met, you’ve had my heart. And seeing you as a mom only makes me love you more.
- You’re a boss mama and a beautiful woman, too. I love everything about you.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the best mother and wife in the world. What would we all do without you?
- How did I get so lucky in marrying you? You continue to inspire this family every day. We love you.
- We all love you like crazy, and feel so blessed to have you. Happy Mother’s Day.
- I couldn’t ask for a better life partner to share the journey of parenthood.
- You’re the greatest mom I could ever ask for our child.
- Thank you for always going above and beyond for our family.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the World’s Greatest Mom our child could ever have.
- You’ve taught me so much about parenthood just from watching you each and every day.
- It’s no surprise that such a wonderful wife has made such an incredible mom.
- There’s no one else I’d rather share the tears, laughter, and dirty diapers with.
- You’re the greatest role model I could ever ask for our kids. We love you!
- I appreciate everything you do for us and our family. Our kids are so lucky to call you mom.
Mother’s Day message to a friend
If your bestie has just welcomed her own little one to the family, how about these Happy Mother’s Day messages to friends:
- Celebrating the amazing mom you are to your own kids and the wonderful godmother you are to mine!
- I always knew you’d be a great mom someday.
- Wishing you a sweet, quiet, gross-out-free Mother’s Day!
- So glad we’re moms together—it’s one more sweet thing we get to share.
- I can tell from how your kids act that they feel totally loved. And of course they do—they have the best mom ever!
- You’re an amazing friend, and you’re a mom I admire so much.
- We started as mom-friends, but now we’re just plain friends. I’m so glad we are. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Mother’s Day, margarita, mojito, and merlot all start with “m.” Coincidence? Surely not.
- I don’t know how you do it. But I can easily see that you are doing a wonderful job of being a mom.
- You are a blessing to your family… and to me.
- I’m so grateful to have a friend and fellow mom like you in my life. Thank you for helping me deal with all the ups and downs of motherhood!
- I believe in my heart that someday we’ll once again pee alone.
What is the best message for all mothers day?
Now for one of our favorite Happy Mother’s Day wishes for all moms ‒ here’s a Mother’s Day message for all the mamas out there:
You’ve got this, mama.
Now you have some ideas of what to write in a Mother’s Day card with our 206 Mother’s Day card messages.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas out there!