There’s no other way to say it: Mother’s Day can be hard if you’ve lost your mom.
But finding a meaningful quote can sometimes help – not to ease the sadness, but to put it into words.
Whether it’s your first day facing Mother’s Day without her energy or another measure of the time that’s passed, we hope you find comfort in these “miss you” Mother’s Day in heaven quotes.
In this article: 📝
- How do you honor your mom in heaven?
- What to say about my mom who passed away?
- “I miss you mom” – quotes from daughter
- Mother’s Day in heaven quotes from daughter
- How do we celebrate Mother’s Day in heaven?
How do you honor your mom in heaven?
There are many ways to pay tribute and feel close to a parent that’s no longer with you.
And as challenging as it may be, Mother’s day can be a perfect opportunity to take some time to honor your grief.
How this looks is entirely up to you.
You may choose to honor your mom as a family by visiting her favorite spot or planting a tree together in tribute.
Maybe you’ll want to spend some alone time by reading her most cherished book or writing a poem meant only for her.
Or how about going somewhere memorable for you both and simply having a conversation.
If you’re not sure what to say to your mom in heaven, try talking to her as if she was right next to you.
Tell her what you’ve done today, what books you’re reading, how you’re feeling, what you’re having for dinner tonight.
You can even tell her just how much you miss her.
But if you’re still struggling to find the right words, maybe these missing mom quotes will help you find them.
What to say about my mom who passed away?
It’s hard to put into words the weight of loss, especially on days of celebration.
But Mother’s Day offers a rare opportunity to freely share your love for your mom in heaven with the world.
Here’s a selection of thoughtful loss quotes for you to place anyway that feels right to you:
- “You left us beautiful memories, your love is still our guide. Although we cannot see you, you’re always at our side.” – Unknown
- “Mom, you are the most beautiful memory I kept locked inside my heart.” – Narin Grewal
- “I love you and I miss you mom, and though you’ve passed away, you‘ll never be forgotten, for I think of you each day.” – Unknown
- “Hold dear to your parents for it is a scary and confusing world without them.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Mom, I still see your face before me, your voice I long to hear. I miss and love you dearly – God knows, I wish you were here.” – Unknown
- “Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.” – Proverbs 31:31
- “Mom, now I know why you always told me to be strong. You knew that one day I would need strength to bear your loss.” – Unknown
- “The skies look beautiful every day because Heaven cannot contain the beauty that you radiate. I miss you, mom.” – Unknown
- “Dear mom, if I had a flower for every time I thought of you … I could walk in my own garden forever.” – Unknown
- “Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.” – Terri Guillemets
- “Your life was a blessing, your memory a treasure. You are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure.” – Renee Wood
“I miss you mom” – quotes from daughter
There’s a unique connection between a mom and her daughter – it’s a special bond that can be one of the strongest and most influential.
If you’ve experienced it, it can feel like such an immense loss without it.
As irreplaceable as the mother-daughter bond is, here are some beautiful words to capture yours this Mother’s Day:
- “No daughter and mother should ever live apart, no matter what the distance between them” – Christie Watson
- “A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.” – Maya Angelou
- “I never truly learned what the words “I miss you” meant until I reached for my mom’s hand and it wasn’t there.” – Unknown
- “All my life I kept wishing to grow older so I could finally move out and do my own thing. But now I wish I could just turn back time to be a child and hug my mom again.” – Unknown
- “There is something about losing a mother that is permanent and inexpressible – a wound that will never quite heal.” – Susan Wiggs
- “Although I cannot hear her voice or see her smile anymore, my mother walks beside me still, just as she did before.” – Unknown
- “You are gone, but thank you for all these soft, sweet things you left behind. In my home, in my head, in my heart.” – Nikita Gill
- “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.” – J. K. Rowling
- “There is no death, daughter. People only die when we forget them,’ my mother explained shortly before she left me. ‘If you can remember me, I will be with you always.’” – Isabel Allende
Mother’s Day in heaven quotes from daughter
Some meaningful mothers day quotes to share in spaces and with those that matter most to you:
- “Mom, your life was a blessing, your memory a treasure. You are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure. Happy Mother’s Day in heaven.” – Unknown
- ”God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. Missing you this Mother’s Day, mom.” – Unknown
- ”I’ll celebrate instead of cry, another Mother’s Day is here, and I still miss having you near. You were the best mom you could be, and I never once doubted your love for me.” – Unknown
- “It’s an everlasting sadness that you’re no longer here. But every year on Mother’s Day, I like to think you’re near.” – Unknown
- “Another year without you, mom – it doesn’t get easier, but my love grows stronger. Happy Mother’s Day in heaven.” – Unknown
- “Missing my mom in heaven, this Mother’s Day. The death of a mother is the first sorrow wept without her.” – Unknown
- “I can’t send a card to my mom this year, but I’ll light a candle in remembrance. Happy Mother’s Day in heaven, mom.” – Unknown
- “If roses grow in heaven, Lord, please pick a bunch for me. Place them in my mother’s arms and tell her they’re from me.” – Unknown
- “I send you rainbows, butterflies, and other signs from heaven throughout the year. This Mother’s Day, I just want to send you all my love.” – Unknown
- “When I look to the sky and talk to you, there’s still a part of me that hears you talk back. Happy Mother’s Day in heaven.” – Unknown
- “Mom, gone are the days we used to share, but in my heart, you are always there. Happy heavenly Mother’s Day.” – Unknown
- “You saw me take my first breath, I saw you take your last. Miss you mom, Happy Mother’s Day.” – Unknown
- “I have an angel watching over me – missing my mom in heaven this Mother’s Day.” – Unknown
- “Mom, I wish God didn’t need you in heaven, because I need you here. Missing mom on Mother’s Day in heaven.” – Unknown
- “I wish heaven had visiting hours so I could talk to you again, mom. Happy heavenly Mother’s Day.” – Unknown
- “No matter what age… I’ll always need you, mom. Happy Mother’s Day in heaven, mom.” – Unknown
What is a short quote for mom in heaven?
In search of a short but tender tribute to a mother who passed away?
Whether for you or someone close to you, these mom in heaven quotes evoke respect and sweet sentiments.
Choose whichever means the most to you:
- “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “My mother taught me many things in life, except how to get through life without her.” – Unknown
- “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” – Mathew 5:4
- ”You were my home, mother. I had no home but you.” – Janet Fitch
- “Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.” – Proverbs 31:29
- “Mom, while you may be in heaven, you’re always in my heart.” – Unknown
- “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” – Rumi
- “A mom’s hug lasts long after she lets go.” – Unknown
- “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” – Thomas Campbell
- “Today she dances with angels.” – Unknown
- “No matter what age … I’ll always need you mom.” – Unknown
- “You were my home, Mother. I had no home but you.” – Janet Fitch
How do we celebrate Mother’s Day in heaven?
If you’re missing mom on Mother’s Day, it can sometimes help to celebrate the occasion, especially if this is her first Mother’s Day in heaven.
Here are some ideas of how to celebrate mothers in heaven this Mother’s Day:
- Light a candle in remembrance of your mom.
- Share a meaningful Mother’s Day in heaven quote with friends and family.
- Put your mom’s favorite flowers where she has been laid to rest, or bring them indoors to remind you of her.
- Make your mom’s best homemade recipe
- Listen to your mom’s favorite artist
- Watch your mom’s favorite movie, or movies about moms and daughters, like Brave, The Joy Luck Club, Little Women, Mamma Mia, Ladybird, Freaky Friday, Terms of Endearment, or Steel Magnolias
- Share your favorite memories of your mom or watch home movies with your closest friends or family
- Get an honorary mother-daughter tattoo
There are many ways to honor your mom in heaven, but the best way to respect and praise your mom in heaven this Mother’s Day and beyond is to live well.
We owe our moms so much, so living a life you love is the best way to honor a mother who has passed.
We hope you found some solace in our selection of “miss you” Mother’s Day in heaven quotes.
If you ever need anyone to talk to, the Peanut community is always ready to hold space for moms past and present.
We know it can be hard, but you will move through this.
One step at a time. ❤️