One syllable girl names are strong, sassy, and sensible. They cut to the chase. Just like we’re about to do.
So here you go:
The ultimate list of single-syllable girl names
What is the most attractive name for a girl?
Well, that’s in the ear of the beholder. Personally? We love these.
- Bao. Of Chinese origin, this sweet name means precious treasure.
- Bea. Pilgrim or traveler, Bea is short for the old classics Beatrice and Beatrix.
- Belle. Means beautiful. Simple as that.
- Bex. With Hebrew origins (Rebecca), Bex means captivating. And with that “x” on the end, it’s kinda like Becca—but with that little something extra thrown in.
- Bliss. Enough said.
- Bree. Means strength. Sounds sweet. And of course, if you replace that “i” with an “e”: cheese. 🧀
- Brooke. A small stream. (Warning: you may have a babbling one.)
- Char. Short for a bunch of names (Charlie, Charmaine, Charlotte) and oh-so-sweet on its own. It means free man.
- Cho. Of Japanese origin, it means butterfly. 🦋
- Dea. Goddess. That’s what it means in Latin. Plain and simple.
- Dot. Short for Dorothy which means gift from God. And something about a yellow brick road.
- Dove. As a first name or a middle name, who doesn’t want to bring some peace into the world? 🕊
- Drew. Wise. That’s what it means. There you have it.
- Elle. Simply means she in French.
- Eve. To breathe. To live. Ah.
- Faith. You gotta have it, apparently.
- Fawn. A young deer that you can, well, fawn over.
- Faye. From the Middle English “faie”, this name means fairy.
- Fern. Sure, the greenery. But it also means bold voyager. And if you’re a Charlotte’s Web fan? 🐷Well.
- Fleur. Yes, this means flower in French. Exquisite.
- Grace. Love, kindness, goodness…
- Greer. Watchful. Alert. Nothing gets past this one.
- Hope. Hope never goes out of style.
- Jade. Like the gemstone. Fun fact? Jade was referred to as the “stone of the colic” in Spanish. Why? This precious gem was said to cure colic in babies. Good omen? Sounds like it.
- Jai. Of Indian origin, it means victorious.
- Kai. Of Hawaiian origin, Kai means sea. 🌊
- Lane. Means a little pathway. Nice way to kick off the journey ahead.
- Leaf. Apart from the evergreen obvious, Leaf also means to page through a book.
- Light. Yeah, this one just cuts to the chase.
- Lis. Shortened form of Elisabeth and Melissa, Lis means both honeybees and devotion—a pretty special combination when it comes to meaning.
- Liv. With its Nordic origins, Liv means protection. (Of course, it also sounds like live. So there’s that.)
- Lou. Famous warrior—that’s what Lou means. Yup. That’s your daughter, mama!
- Lux. Means light and sounds like luxury. You can’t go wrong.
- Mae. From English origins, Mae is a shortened form of Mary and Margaret. Also, the month of May gets its name from Maia, the Roman goddess of growth and mamahood.
- Minh. Of Vietnamese origin, Minh means bright and clear.
- Neve. Snow. That’s what this sweet Irish name means. (If you want to go fully Irish, the spelling is Niamh.)
- Pax. Peaceful. Perfect.
- Pearl. For a little jewel. This name has become popular recently after years in the dark. Get it while stocks last.
- Prim. Original. First. Popular.
- Rain. Simple. Refreshing. It means blessings from above.
- Sage. Who wouldn’t want a sage in their home? Plus, the herb, if it’s one you love.
- Scout. To listen. That’s what Scout means. Any fans of To Kill a Mockingbird out there?
- Shay. Gift. From Hebrew and Irish origins, Shay also means stately.
- Skye. As in, above, the heavens, etc. But also the Isle of Skye, a magnificent island in Scotland.
- Tess. Short forms of Esther and Theresa, this soft-sounding name means to reap.
- Thuy. Of Vietnamese origin, Thuy means water.
- Tor. From the Old Norse, Tor has two contrasting meanings: turtle dove (sweet) and thunder (powerful). So yes, it’s a sort of choose-your-own-adventure kind of name.
- Viv. This one means lively.
- Wynne. Pure and fair. And of course, it sounds victorious.
- Yaz. Of Turkish origin, Yaz means summer. Bliss.
- Zo. Of African origins, Zo means spiritual leader.
What is a badass name for a girl?
Okay. Now onto those one-syllable girl names that pack a serious punch.
What are common 1 syllable girl names?
And then there are these one-syllable girls’ names that are going nowhere. They just seem to stand the test of time.
What is the rarest girl’s name?
If you’re looking for something a little different, here are the most unique one-syllable girl names:
What’s a cute middle name for a girl?
One-syllable names make excellent middle names. Here are some of our faves:
There you have it, mama. Good luck with your choice. Exciting times ahead!
👶 Find more girl baby names:
Top Girl Names: The Ultimate List
161 Cool Baby Girl Names And Their Meanings
183 Exquisitely Exotic Baby Girl Names
90 Middle Names for Girls
The 1000 Most Popular Baby Girl Names
Top 123 Disney Baby Girl Names
90 Strong Baby Girl Names & Their Meanings
A Long List of Short Baby Girl Names
21 Girl Names That Start With A
67 Girl Names That Start With C
52 Baby Girl Names That Start With D
100+ Baby Girl Names That Start With E
Baby Girl Names that Start with J
Baby Girl Names that Start with M
58 Girl Names That Start With S