Break out the bubbly: Peanut is one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2023! 🍾
It’s official – the Peanut App has made it onto Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies list in the Social Media category!
All of us at Team Peanut are excited to be included in this elite group of companies, but we couldn’t have done it without you, our Peanut Community.
Since 2017, we’ve been pushing tech boundaries, busting myths around womanhood and motherhood, and helping over 3 million women find connections.
Not to brag, but we’re proud to add this prestigious title to our ever-growing roster: one of Apple’s Best Apps of 2021, TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022, and now, in 2023, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World.
(Okay, that was a brag.)
And we’re just getting started.
In this article: 📝
- What is the Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies List?
- Why Peanut?
- What’s next for Peanut?
What is the Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies List?
Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list is an annual ranking that recognizes the world’s most impactful and inspiring companies.
This prestigious list is made up of businesses that have made a significant impact in their industry ‒ from healthcare to tech, and everything in-between.
In 2023, the Fast Company Most Innovative Companies list includes trailblazers like Disney, Tiffany & Co (😍), and OpenAI.
- We introduced audio-only Pods to the app, to help women have live group chats without the pressure of video.
- We developed Peanut Pro, to help professionals, like baby sleep consultants and breastfeeding advisors, to connect with and help our Community.
- We expanded the Peanut app to include Menopause, one of the most underrepresented and under-supported communities in womankind.
- We created the ‘Mute Keywords’ feature, so you don’t have to see content in the Peanut app that you don’t want to see.
- We designed custom-learning spam detection algorithms to prevent certain types of spam in the Peanut app ‒ so you have a better experience.
- We’ve launched campaigns like the #RenamingRevolution and #ReframingRevolution, to challenge and reform outdated or unrepresentative medical terminology and pictures.
- We set up in-app Topics, so you can customize what you see on Peanut ‒ we’re all different, but there’s something for everyone on the Peanut app!
What’s next for Peanut?
We’re always looking for ways to innovate at Team Peanut ‒ we want to have the best possible, safest space for all women to connect.
But we have to keep some things secret ‒ just for a while ‒ so you’ll have to just wait and see.
We’re also open to new ways we can embrace more innovation, so if you have a ground-breaking idea, we want to hear from you!
One thing’s for sure: as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2023, the sky’s the limit for Peanut.