Focusing on nutrition during pregnancy can help you feel more energized and give you peace of mind knowing you’re giving your baby what they need for development. So if you’re looking for a pregnancy meal plan that offers you all the right ingredients, search no more. We’ve put together a 7-day meal plan chart along with over 81 healthy meal ideas. We’ve even included healthy snacks and desserts — so no matter what you’re craving, you can find something satisfying.
In this guide, you’ll find:
- Pregnancy meal plan for the whole week
- Healthy pregnancy meals: breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, and dessert
- Best fast food to eat while pregnant
What is a good meal plan for a pregnant woman?
A good meal plan for a pregnant woman includes vegetables, fruits, proteins, and whole grains, and incorporating a variety of foods to give you and your baby all the nutrients for a healthy pregnancy. Throughout your trimesters, be sure to listen to your body and talk with your physician. Each stage might require a different calorie intake depending on how you’re feeling.
Pregnancy meal plan for each day of the week
When you’re feeling tired or have a to-do list a mile long, planning well-rounded meals can fall by the wayside. That’s why we put together this healthy pregnancy meals chart for each day of the week.
Just select something from the chart depending on the day and your tastebuds. Feel free to mix and match your lunches, dinners, and breakfasts. If it’s on the chart, it’s a healthy go-to for any day of the week.
Healthy pregnancy meal plan
- Breakfast: Greek yogurt with berries, flax, and chia seeds
- Lunch: Bean burritos
- Snack: [Energy balls]
- Dinner: Shredded chicken sandwiches
- Breakfast: 2 eggs with whole wheat toast
- Lunch: Chicken salad wrap
- Snack: Slices of cheese
- Dinner: Veggie, chicken, or turkey tacos
- Breakfast: Steel cut oats with berries and walnuts
- Lunch: Avocado toast with sliced cheese and fruit
- Snack: Cut vegetables with dressing
- Dinner: Vegetable, tofu, chicken, or shrimp stir fry with rice
- Breakfast: Egg quiche with a side of fruit
- Lunch: Salad with sliced chicken or tofu
- Snack: Nuts and fruit
- Dinner: Bean burrito bowl
- Breakfast: Bagel sandwich
- Lunch: Tuna salad sandwich
- Snack: Fruit protein smoothie
- Dinner: Tortellini with chicken and vegetables
- Breakfast: Granola with milk
- Lunch: Tex mex chicken quinoa
- Snack: Apple with peanut butter
- Dinner: Fish and vegetable side
- Breakfast: Fruit protein smoothie
- Lunch: Kale and brussel sprout salad
- Snack: Veggies with hummus
- Dinner: Pork chops and sweet potatoes
What should a pregnant woman eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
A pregnant woman should aim to include protein, fruit, and veggies at most meals, along with whole grains and water. By involving a range of foods, you can consume the nutrients that both you and baby need to feel strong and healthy. Pregnant women are encouraged to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
Pregnancy menus for each meal
Looking for excellent meals for pregnant women? Here’s a list of meal ideas to make grocery shopping, planning, and cooking easier. We’ve included over 50 more ideas for every meal and snack of the day.
Healthy pregnancy breakfasts
- Nonfat Greek yogurt with toppings like chia, flax, honey, and berries
- Smoothies with fruits, veggies, yogurt, or protein powder
- Crustless egg quiche, like this or this
- Hard-boiled eggs with a side of bacon or turkey sausage
- Steel cut oats topped with nuts, berries, raisins, and milk
- Eggs with a side of toast and fruit
- Bagel sandwiches like this
- Protein pancakes topped with peanut butter
Healthy pregnancy lunches
- Chicken salad wrap
- Baked sweet potatoes topped with cinnamon
- Quinoa cucumber salad
- Baked potatoes topped with broccoli and cheese
- Turkey burger
- Tuna salad sandwich
- Zucchini patties
- Lentil soup
- Dinner leftovers
- Thai chicken coconut curry
- Broccoli salad
Healthy pregnancy dinners
- Stir fry like this or this
- Tacos, fajitas, or enchiladas
- Stuffed cabbage
- Shredded chicken sandwiches
- Bean or chicken burrito bowls like this
- Baked chicken breast with a side of veggies
- Tortellini or ravioli with chicken
- Greek lemon chicken and potatoes
- Indian shrimp with lentils
- Fish like this salmon or this perch, but remember the recommendation for pregnant women is to eat no more than 12 ounces of fish per week
- Pork chops with vegetables
- Italian sausage stuffed zucchini
- Asian grilled chicken
Healthy snack ideas
- Sliced cheese
- Veggies with dressing or hummus
- Energy balls
- Apple or banana with peanut butter
- Cottage cheese
- Scoops of Greek yogurt
- Toast with peanut or almond butter
- Bowl of cereal or granola with milk
- Anything off the breakfast menu
Healthy treat ideas
- Energy balls
- Piece of chocolate
- Scoop of ice cream
- Oatmeal raisin cookies
- Italian lemon ice
- Rhubarb crumble
- Slice of banana bread
What is the best fast food to eat while pregnant?
The best fast food to eat while pregnant is a grilled chicken sandwich, bean burrito, or grilled chicken salad. These options tend to have a substantial amount of protein with limited fats and carbs. As a healthy alternative to fast food, consider stopping into a grocery store and selecting healthy items from the deli and produce sections such as veggies and hummus, fruit, or a cup of Greek yogurt.
By sticking to a healthy pregnancy menu, you can maintain a wholesome diet without having to come up with ideas and plans all on your own. Simply bookmark this page and come back whenever you’re planning your grocery trip.
What to Eat When Pregnant
Can Pregnant Women Eat Shrimp?
Can Pregnant Women Eat Feta Cheese?
Can Pregnant Women Eat Hot Dogs?
Can Pregnant Women Eat Honey?
Can Pregnant Women Eat Crab?
Can Pregnant Women Eat Lobster?
Can Pregnant Women Eat Tuna?
Can Pregnant Women Eat Salmon?