Whether you’re considering having a second child, you’re deciding whether to start trying again, or you’re already pregnant with baby number two - we’re here to help.
Whatever situation you’re in, it’s definitely a whirlwind of emotions: questions, doubts, happiness, worries, concerns, excitement.
Hearing from other mamas who have been there and know what you’re going through can help. That’s why we spoke to the mamas of Peanut to compile their ultimate tips.
11 tips to prepare for baby #2
1. “Wait until you’re ready and feel like ‘yourself’ again. Put your physical and mental health first.” - Nicole
2. “Communicate with your partner. Discuss your desires, worries, concerns. Talk about finances, time management and responsibilities.” - Christie
3. “Remember your love is multiplied, not divided. If you’re worried that trying for a second baby will mean you will be giving less love or attention to your eldest, don’t. It’s gonna be okay, I promise.” - Sam
4. “Don’t give yourself strict deadlines or expiration dates! But if things are taking longer than you’d like, see a fertility specialist.” - Hannah
5. “One thing that shouldn’t be on your list is worrying whether your babies will connect or not! Sibling connection isn’t determined by an age gap, they will be just fine.” - Jessica
6. “Have a quick check-up with your OBGYN - just to make sure it’s completely okay for you to start trying.” - Gina
7. “Remember that things might not be the same this time around. Although your first pregnancy and labor will definitely leave you more prepared, know that your second will probably be a bit different.” - Gwen
8. “Be kind to yourself. It’s common to struggle with conceiving baby number two, so remember to check in with yourself mentally along the way.” - Alisha
9. “Get your eldest excited about baby number two! Welcoming a new family member will be a big change and the start of a new role for them.” - Ina
10. “Don’t worry about the age gap. I wish my babies had been closer in age but my eldest has been a huge blessing when it comes to helping out with his baby sister since he’s a little older.” - Kodi
11. “Don’t forget to go with the flow. I planned to have baby #2 soon after my first but life got in the way. Remember it’s OK if that happens, too.” - Talia
Want to join the conversation? Get started on Peanut here.