Looking for a little encouragement today? We’ve tracked down our favorite inspirational quotes for women – from the profound to the funny to the ones that keep it real about what it’s really like for women to navigate the world.
Here’s a little reminder that you’re strong, that you’ve got this, and that you’re never, ever alone.
In this article: 📝
- Short inspirational quotes for women
- Positive quotes for women
- Uplifting quotes for women
- Life quotes for women to live by
Short inspirational quotes for women
You don’t need a lot of words to get to the heart of the matter.
So here are the best strong women quotes in 15 words or less.
- “You are your best thing.” – Toni Morrison, author
- “Self-esteem means knowing you are the dream.” – Oprah Winfrey, talk show host, producer, author, and philanthropist
- “A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink.” – Gina Carey, singer and filmmaker
- “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” – Amelia Earhart, the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic ocean
- “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” – Suzy Kassem, writer, poet, philosopher, and artist
- “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made.” – Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Supreme Court Justice
- “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible!’”– Audrey Hepburn, actress
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady and activist
- “Everything is figureoutable.” – Marie Forleo, author and entrepreneur
Positive quotes for women
Some of the best inspirational quotes for women acknowledge that life is tough sometimes, but we are tougher.
These life quotes for women hit the nail on the head.
- “I have realized that I don’t have to be perfect. All I have to do is show up and enjoy the messy, imperfect, and beautiful journey of my life.” – Kerry Washington, actress
- “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” – Rihanna, musical artist
- “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it, the more natural it becomes not to let my fears run me.” – Arianna Huffington, author and journalist
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “There is no list of rules. There is one rule. The rule is: there are no rules. Happiness comes from living as you need to, as you want to. As your inner voice tells you to. Happiness comes from being who you actually are instead of who you think you are supposed to be.” – Shonda Rhimes, writer and producer
- “If you’re one of those people who has that little voice in the back of her mind saying, ‘maybe I could do fill in the blank,’ don’t tell it to be quiet. Give it a little room to grow, and try to find an environment it can grow in.” – Reese Witherspoon, actress
- “Women are leaders everywhere you look – from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” – Nancy Pelosi, politician
Uplifting quotes for women
For when you need an extra push from all the strong women who’ve got your back.
- “I was built this way for a reason, so I’m going to use it.” – Simone Biles, Olympic gymnast
- “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens.” – Mandy Hale, author
- “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.” – Michelle Obama, lawyer, writer, and First Lady
- “What makes you different or weird, that’s your strength.” – Meryl Streep, actress
- “In a world that wants women to whisper, I choose to yell.” – Luvvie Ajayi, bestselling author
- “Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional. Let this be a sign that you’ve got a big heart and aren’t afraid to let others see it. Showing your emotions is a sign of strength.” – Brigitte Nicole, artist, poet, writer, and filmmaker
- “It’s possible to climb to the top without stomping on other people.” – Taylor Swift, musical artist
- “Women are always saying, ‘We can do anything that men can do.’ But men should be saying, ‘We can do anything that women can do.’” – Gloria Steinem, feminist journalist and activist
- “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and [things] to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” – Amy Schumer, comedian and actress
- “I raise up my voice – not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard . . . We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai, activist and Nobel prize winner
- “Three secrets to success: Be willing to learn new things. Be able to assimilate new information quickly. Be able to get along with and work with other people.” – Sally Ride, the first American woman in space
Life quotes for women to live by
On the hunt for a new mantra for your life? Look no further.
- “You can only move if you are actually in the moment. You have to be where you are to get where you need to go.” – Amy Poehler, writer and actress
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou, poet and activist
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into place.” – Lucille Ball, comedian, actress, and producer
- “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” – Audre Lorde, writer and activist
- “You can’t be hesitant about who you are.” – Viola Davis, actress
- “Be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland, actress
And last, but not least…
- “Don’t be like the rest of them, darling.” – Coco Chanel, designer
Did we miss any words of wit and wisdom? Do you have a motto you live by?
Head over to the Peanut Community and share it with us. You never know who you might inspire.
💡 More from The 411:
100+ Unconditional Mother-Daughter Love Quotes
40 Delightful Daughter’s Day Quotes
50 Affirmations for Moms
53 Empowering Pregnancy Affirmations
6 Empowering Support Groups for Black Women
Helpful Resources for Support
12 Inspiring Black Women You Should Follow on Instagram
Peanut’s Commitment to Action Against Racism
Peanut Presents… Queer Possible
7 LGBTQIA+ Couples You Should Follow ASAP
9 Hilarious (and Outrageous!) Confessions From Women on Peanut
50 Inspiring Quotes for International Women’s Day
48 Memorable Quotes About Daughters
20 Happy Daughter’s Day Wishes and Quotes
37 “Miss You” ‒ Mother’s Day in Heaven Quotes
230 Mother’s Day Quotes for Mom
50 Confidence Quotes for Women
50 Customizable Goals in Life for Women
40 Sweet Husband and Wife Quotes