Ah, Spain—the country that brought us everything from Flamenco to tapas to churros to the siesta. No wonder Spanish boy names are so enticing.
The search for Spanish baby boy names yields some pretty spectacular results. And because the language is spoken so broadly throughout the world, the options are varied and plenty.
The global Spanish community is vast, stretching across Europe, Central and South America, Asia, and Africa, with about 580 million people speaking the language.
And Spanish names for boys are growing in popularity in the US—both because of the growing strength of the Latinx community and the fact that these names are just so beautiful.
What are some Spanish names for a boy? Let’s have a look at what’s out there.
Top Spanish names for boys
What are good Spanish names?
Well, there are many. These are our favorites.
What are popular boys’ names in Spain?
These Spanish baby boy names are topping the charts. (Note, while some of these names have origins in other parts of the world, they are currently making waves in Spain.)
- Aarón. Originally of Hebrew origin, this is the Spanish version of the biblical name Aaron with its connotations of high mountain and mountain of strength. ⛰
- Adrián. Sea or water. 🌊 How refreshing.
- Alexander. Protector of men.
- Benjamin. A sweet name that can be kept as is or shortened to Ben, it means son of the South or son of the right hand. The youngest child is sometimes called the Benjamin of the family.
- Jack. Traditionally a British name meaning God is gracious, it’s recently gained popularity in Spain.
- Dany. From Danielle or Daniel, Dany is a gender-neutral name meaning God is my judge.
- Dario. Possessing goodness. 💖
- David. An old classic that’s going nowhere. It means beloved.
- Dilan pops up all over the world. It has various meanings—son of the sea from Welsh origins and like a lion from French. Choose your own adventure.
- Elias. The Spanish form of the prophet and miracle maker Elijah, this name is ever-popular.
- Eliot. This sweet sounding name means the lord is my God.
- Énaël. Angel. 👼🏽
- Eric. Eternal ruler.
- Ethan. Strong. Enduring.
- Félix. Lucky!
- Finn. Of Gaelic origin, Finn means fair.
- Gabriel. God is my strength.
- Gaël. Good leader. Actor Gael Garcia Bernal has helped to increase the popularity of the name in recent years.
- Gilberto. Bright one. 🌟
- Guillermo. Spanish form of William and often shortened to Guille or Memo, it means protector.
- Hugo. Intellect. 🧠
- **Iván. Young warrior. ⚔️
- Julian. Youth.
- Kaiden. Companion.
- Kylian. Of Celtic origin, Kylian means warrior. It also means small church, if that has particular resonance for you.
- Leo. Lion. 🦁
- León. As well as being the nickname for a brave warrior, León also means lion.
- Levi. Joined in harmony.
- Luis. Famous warrior.
- Lucas. Bringer of light. 💡
- Maël. Prince. 👑
- Mason. Stone worker.
- Matthėo. Gift of God.
- Max. The shortened version of Maximiliano, it means the greatest. 🤩
- Micah. One who is like God.
- Milán. Loving. Kind. With grace.
- Milo. With a number of origins, Milo means a few different things: pleasant, soldier, honorable, and, apple 🍎 (in Greek).
- Naȅl. Successful. Generous. Gift from God.
- Nathanaȅl. Often shortened to Nathan, this beautiful name means Gift from God.
- Nicky. People of victory! ✌🏽
- Noé. Rest. 💤 Not a bad thing to encourage in your baby.
- Noel is from the French Noelle, meaning Christmas or birth.
- Oliver. Olive tree planter. 🫒
- Oscar. A deer lover. 🦌
- Robin. Bright. 🔆 Fame.
- Sacha. A shortened version of Alexander, Sacha means helper of mankind.
- Samuel. God has heard.
- Sydney. Originally an Old English name, Sydney means wide meadow.
- Teo. A short form of Mateo and Teodor, Teo quite simply means God.
- Thiago. May God protect.
- Thomas. Twin. ♊
- Timeo. Meaning honouring God, this sweet name can be shortened to Tim.
- Yanik. God is gracious.
And if you’re looking for uncommon boy names in Spanish, here you go:
What are some unique Spanish boy names?
- Alamo. Poplar tree. 🌲
- Alejo. Warrior and defender.
- Bartoli. Son of a farmer.
- Brȧulio. Shining. 🌟
- Casimiro. So this one means famous destroyer. A good name for a toddler, perhaps?
- Cesario means head of hair. It also appears in Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night.
- Chilo. Free man.
- Ignacio. Fire. 🔥
- Emiliano. Means work. So you can use it as a command when you need them to do their homework. A good, practical name.
- Figueroa. Fig tree.
- Salvatore. Savior
- Saturno. Sowing seeds. Origin. Birth.
- Toro. Bull-like. 🐂
- Tuto. Fair. Righteous.
- Valentin. Healthy and strong.
And then, if you have special ties to Mexico, here are some options that are unique, sweet-sounding, and meaningful.
What are cute Mexican boy names?
- Alejandro. Defender of the people.
- Antonio. Priceless one.
- Arturo. Courageous. Noble.
- Carlos. Free man.
- Daniel. A popular name in many parts of the world, Daniel means God is my judge.
- Diego. Basically the Spanish version of James. And of course the name of a certain artist. 🎨
- Eduardo. Wealthy guardian. 💸
- Fernando. Courageous adventurer.
- Francisco. Free.
- Gerardo. Strong spear.
- Javier. Castle.🏰 Or a new home.
- Jesús. The Christian son of God.
- José. This is the Spanish version of the name Joseph and means God will increase.
- Jorge. The Spanish “George,” Jorge means farmer. 🌾
- Juan. Like the English “John,” Juan means God is gracious.
- Julio. Soft-haired youth.
- Manuel means God is with us. It comes with cute nicknames like Manu and Manny.
- Marco. War-like. Passionate.
- Miguel. God-like.
- Octavio. The eighth one.
- Pablo. Humble. Small.
- Pedro. The Spanish version of “Peter,” Pedro means stone or rock.
- Raphael. God has healed. And also the name of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. 🐢
- Raúl. A powerful name meaning wolf counsel. 🐺
- Ricardo. The Spanish version of “Richard,” Ricardo means brave ruler.
Hispanic boys names are often given in tandem, like:
- Francisco Javier
- José Antonio
- José Luis
- Juan Carlos
- Juan Manuel
- Marco Antonio
- Miguel Ángel
And if you’re interested in Spanish names for girls, head here.
👶 Looking for more baby boy names?
1000 Popular Baby Boy Names
137 Cool Baby Boy Names and Their Meanings
90 Middle Names for Boys
141 English Names for Boys
The 149 Most Popular Celtic Baby Boy Names
Top 134 Arabic Baby Boy Names
The Best 107 Hawaiian Baby Boy Names
87 Japanese Baby Boy Names With Their Meanings
The Best 264 Indian Baby Boy Names
100+ Russian Baby Boy Names for Your Little Boy
70 Turkish Baby Boy Names & Their Meanings
229 French Baby Boy Names
103 Greek Baby Boy Names And Their Meanings
90 Latin Baby Boy Names With Their Meanings
216 Strong Norwegian Baby Boy Names
80 Strong Baby Boy Names (with Meanings)
121 Italian Baby Boy Names for Your Bambino
98 Portuguese Baby Boy Names
85 Scandinavian Baby Boy Names
187 Australian Baby Boy Names for Your Little Anklebiter