Ah, Spain — the country bursting with flavor, vibrancy, and fiestas for every occasion. If you want to tap into that irresistible zeal for life, unique Spanish baby boy names are the way to do it!
The search for Spanish baby names yields some pretty spectacular results, and Spanish boy names are no exception.
And because the language is spoken so broadly throughout the world, the options are varied and plenty.
The global Spanish community is vast, stretching across Europe, Central and South America, Asia, and Africa, with about 580 million people speaking the language.
Between the growing strength of the Latinx community and the fact that Hispanic boy names are just so beautiful, it’s no wonder Spanish names for boys are growing in popularity in the US!
So whether you wish to celebrate your Spanish heritage or share a deep love for the lively culture, or even just wish for a unique name for your little one, we’ve gathered the most unique Spanish boy names to reflect any personality.
Let’s have a look!
In this article: 📝
- What are some unique Spanish boy names?
- What are unique Hispanic boy names?
- What are some rare Spanish boy names?
- What are popular boys’ names in Spain?
- What’s a good Spanish name for a boy?
- What is a cool Spanish boy’s name?
- What are some Mexican boy names?
- What are good Hispanic double names?
What are some unique Spanish boy names?
From the traditional to the religious-inspired, and even those distinctive Spanish takes on popular favorites, you’ll find plenty of inspo in mainland Spain for your little niño.
- Alamo: From the Spanish álamo, this melodic name means “poplar tree” which are known for being fast-growing.🌲
- Alejo: Meaning “warrior and defender”.
- Bartoli: Meaning “son of a farmer”.
- Brȧulio: Meaning “shining”. 🌟
- Casimiro: Meaning “famous destroyer” — a great name for a rebel in the making!
- Cesario: Meaning “head of hair”, Cesario also appears in Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night.
- Chilo: Meaning “free man”.
- Emiliano: A solid, practical name meaning “work”.
- Figueroa: Meaning “fig tree”.
- Ignacio: Meaning “fire”. 🔥
- Kylian: Of Celtic origin, Kylian means “warrior”. It also means “small church”, if that has particular resonance for you.
- Naȅl: A shortened version of Nathanaȅl that means “successful,” “generous,” and “gift from God”. Talk about gifted!
- Sacha: A shortened version of Alexander, Sacha means “helper of mankind”.
- Salvatore: Meaning “savior”. No pressure!
What are unique Hispanic boy names?
Throughout Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Central America, you’ll find a hispanic culture that is rich in tradition, diversity, and intriguing boy names. Check them out:
- Amidio: Kick-starting our unique Hispanic boy names is this standout name that means “demigod”.
- Gabriel: Meaning “God is my strength”.
- Gaël: Meaning “good leader”. Actor Gael Garcia Bernal has helped to increase the popularity of the name in recent years.
- Gilberto: Meaning “bright one”. 🌟
- Guillermo: A Spanish form of William and often shortened to Guille or Memo, it means “protector”.
- Jesús: A Biblical name meaning “the lord is salvation”.
- Leo: Meaning “lion”. 🦁
- León: As well as being the nickname for a brave warrior, León also means “lion”. Fierce!
- Lucas: Meaning “bringer of light”. 💡
- Max: The shortened version of Maximiliano, it means “the greatest”. 🤩
- Thiago: Meaning “may God protect”.
- Valentin: Meaning “healthy and strong”. 💪
What are some rare Spanish boy names?
If you’re looking for uncommon boy names in Spanish, these distinctive titles may be the perfect options for your one-of-a-kind little one:
- Saturno: Italian in origin, this impressive name comes from the Latin saturnus and means “sowing seeds” in honor of the Roman god of agriculture.
- Toro: Meaning “bull-like”, this is a great choice for a Taurus baby. 🐂
- Tuto: Meaning “fair” or “righteous”.
What are popular boys’ names in Spain?
Some of these names have origins in other parts of the world, but they are currently making waves in Spain. And for good reason!
- Aarón: Originally of Hebrew origin, this is the Spanish version of the Biblical name Aaron which means “mountain of strength”. ⛰
- Adrián: Meaning “sea or water”. 🌊 One of the more refreshing water baby names.
- Alexander: A strong name of Greek origin that means “protector of men”.
- Benjamin: A sweet name that can be kept as is or shortened to Ben, it means “son of the South” or “son of the right hand”. Fun fact: the youngest child is sometimes called the Benjamin of the family.
- Jack: Traditionally a British name meaning “God is gracious”, it’s recently gained popularity in Spain.
- Dany: From Danielle or Daniel, Dany is a gender-neutral name meaning “God is my judge”.
- Dario: Meaning “possessing goodness”. 💖
- David: An old classic that’s going nowhere. It means “beloved”.
- Dilan: A popular name with various meanings, from “son of the sea” from Welsh origins to “like a lion” from French. Boundless choice for baby!
- Elias: As the Spanish form of the prophet and miracle maker Elijah, this name is ever-popular and means “Yahweh is my God”.
- Eliot: This sweet-sounding name means “the lord is my God”.
- Énaël: One of the more unique Spanish boy names, this unusual title means “angel”. 👼🏽
- Eric: Old Norse in origin, this Scandinavian boy’s name means “eternal ruler”.
- Ethan: Much like its popularity, Ethan means “strong” or “enduring”.
- Félix: Meaning “lucky”.
- Finn: Of Gaelic origin, Finn means “fair”.
- Hugo: A solid name for a rising brain box, Hugo means “intellect”. 🧠
- Iván: Meaning “young warrior”. ⚔️
- Julian: Meaning “youth”.
- Kaiden: An endearing boy’s name that means “companion”.
- Levi: Meaning “joined in harmony”.
- Luis: Meaning “famous warrior”.
- Maël: An Old Celtic name meaning “prince”. 👑
- Mason: Meaning “stone worker”.
- Matthėo: The Spanish take on Matthew meaning “gift of God”.
- Micah: Meaning “one who is like God”.
What’s a good Spanish name for a boy?
Well, there are many but these are our favorites:
- Milán: Meaning “loving”, “kind”, or “with grace” — how can you resist?
- Milo: With a number of origins, Milo means a few different things: “pleasant”, “soldier”, “honorable”, and even, “apple”. 🍎
- Nathanaȅl: Often shortened to Nathan, this beautiful name means “gift from God”.
- Nicky: Meaning “people of victory”! ✌🏽
- Noé: Meaning “rest”. 💤 Not a bad thing to encourage in your baby.
- Noel: From the French Noelle, meaning “Christmas” or “birth” — ideal for December babies.
- Oliver: Meaning “olive tree planter”. 🫒
- Oscar: Meaning “deer lover”. 🦌
- Robin: Meaning “fame” or “bright”. 🔆
- Samuel: Meaning “God has heard”.
- Sydney: Originally an Old English name, Sydney means “wide meadow”.
- Thomas: A perfect name for your little Gemini, Thomas means “twin”. ♊
- Timeo: Meaning “honoring God”, this sweet name can be shortened to Tim.
- Yanik: Meaning “God is gracious”.
What is a cool Spanish boy’s name?
Spanish names have a natural charisma but if you want to up the cool stakes, these unique Hispanic boy names and their meanings can deliver!
- Teo: A sweet short form of Mateo and Teodore, Teo means “divine gift”.
- Arturo: Meaning “courageous” or noble.
- Raúl: An undeniably cool Spanish name meaning “wolf counsel”. 🐺
What are some Mexican boy names?
If you have special ties to Mexico, here are some Hispanic boy names that are unique, sweet-sounding, and meaningful.
- Alejandro: A popular Mexican boy’s name that means “defender of the people”.
- Antonio: Meaning “priceless one”.
- Carlos: Meaning “free man”.
- Daniel: A popular name in many parts of the world, Daniel means God is my judge.
- Diego: An Hispanic version of James meaning “supplanter”. And of course the name of a certain artist. 🎨
- Eduardo: Meaning “wealthy guardian”. 💸
- Fernando: Meaning “courageous adventurer” — perfect for your little explorer.
- Francisco: Meaning “free”.
- Gerardo: Meaning “strong spear”.
- Javier: Meaning “new home” or, better yet, “castle”. 🏰
- José: This is the Spanish version of the name Joseph and means “God will increase”.
- Jorge: The Spanish George, Jorge means “farmer”. 🌾
- Juan: Like the English John, Juan means “God is gracious”.
- Julio: Meaning “soft-haired youth”.
- Manuel: Meaning “God is with us”. It comes with cute nicknames like Manu and Manny.
- Marco: Inspired by the Roman god of war, this name means “war-like”.
- Miguel: Meaning “God-like”.
- Octavio: Meaning “the eighth one”.
- Pablo: Meaning “humble” or “small”.
- Pedro: The Spanish version of Peter, Pedro means “stone” or “rock”.
- Raphael: Meaning “God has healed”. And also the name of a certain Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. 🐢
- Ricardo: A lively Hispanic version of Richard, Ricardo means “brave ruler”.
What are good Hispanic double names?
Double names are hugely important and quite common in Hispanic culture. That doesn’t mean you can’t find some non-conventional variations.
- Francisco Javier
- José Antonio
- José Luis
- Juan Manuel
- Marco Antonio
- Miguel Ángel
On a sliding scale from the coolest to the rarest, where do your favorite baby names for little one lie?
Why not share with our Peanut community!
And if you have a little niñita on the way, check out our top 100 Spanish names for girls.