Looking for a name that’s just a little different for your new arrival? Our list of Star Wars baby names is packed with ideas that stand out from the crowd!
Want a memorable name for your new arrival?
Why not consider an option from a galaxy far, far away?!
Our list of cool Star Wars names might just include the perfect choice.
In this article: 📝
- What’s a good Star Wars name?
- Star Wars girl names
- Star Wars boy names
- Star Wars Jedi names
- Star Wars Sith names
- What is the weirdest name in Star Wars?
- What is the longest Star Wars name?
- How do you come up with a Star Wars name?
- Ready to shortlist some Star Wars names?
What’s a good Star Wars name?
Traditional Star Wars fans might want to stick with a name from the original trilogy.
Those who’ve come to the franchise more recently may prefer a link to a newer character.
And while some Star Wars character names are pretty normal, others are seriously off-the-wall!
If they’re just too intergalactic for your little peanut, why not consider them for a pet instead?
Star Wars girl names
Whether you see your little one as a princess or a Jedi warrior, there are plenty of inspirational female Star Wars names.
And there are a few villains here too!
- Leia: Introduced in the first film in 1977, Princess Leia is amongst the most beloved Star Wars characters. And that makes this one of the most iconic Star Wars female name.
- Rey: Once a scavenger on the planet Jakku, Rey became one of the most powerful Jedi Masters.
- Brea: One of the notorious Tonnika sisters, Brea killed a prison guard to break out one of her associates. A sweet name, but not such a sweet character!
- Senni: Brea’s sister, Senni also makes a living as a con artist.
- Luminara: Luminara Undulli is a Jedi Master with green skin. Hers is one of the voices heard by Rey in her battle against Darth Sidious.
- Rose: Rose Tico is a maintenance worker who helps keep the Resistance in the air. A great name if you’re looking for a more subtle Star Wars connection.
- Paige: Paige is Rose’s older sister and a gunner in the Resistance’s Cobalt Squadron.
- Amee: A friend of Anakin Skywalker, the name Amee means “beloved.”
- Meena: Meena Tills appears in Revenge of the Sith. She is a Senator and an alien from Mon Calamar.
- Arvel: Arvel is a pilot in Return of the Jedi.
- Beru: Luke Skywalker’s aunt. Beru also means “bell” in Japanese.
- Qira: Some might assume this is an unusual variant of the Irish name Ciara. It’s actually the name of Han Solo’s first love.
- Amidala: Queen Amidala of Naboo married Anakin Skywalker in secret and is the mother of Luke and Leia.
- Padmé: Amidala’s name before she became Queen.
- Sabe: Sabe appears in The Phantom Menace as one of the handmaidens of Queen Amidala.
- Shara: A pilot for the Rebel Alliance, Shara is also Poe’s mother.
- Aurra: Aurra Sing left the Jedi Order and became a bounty hunter and assassin.
- Bazine: Another bounty hunter, Bazine appears in The Force Awakens.
- Cara: Cara is a mercenary who befriends the Mandalorian.
- Ciena: Ciena is an Imperial officer and one of the main characters in the novel Star Wars: Lost Stars.
Star Wars boy names
There’s a rich universe of Star Wars male names too.
- Luke: No list of male Star Wars names would be complete without Luke Skywalker. This farm boy becomes one of the greatest ever Jedi Masters.
- Han: Han Solo is a bounty hunter who becomes one of the leaders of the Rebel Alliance.
- Kylo: Kylo Ren is the son of Han and Leia.
- Ben: Kylo is also known as Ben Solo. But Ben is also the alias of another important Star Wars character:
- Obi-wan: Obi-wan Kenobi is the real name of the Jedi Master who uses the name Ben while in hiding.
- Bail: Bail Organa is royalty on the planet Alderaan and Leia’s adoptive father.
- Lando: Lando Calrissian is a businessman and the original owner of the Millennium Falcon, the ship piloted by Han Solo.
- Boba: Boba Fett is a clone and crime kingpin.
- Owen: Luke Skywalker’s uncle and the man who raised him.
- Wes: Wes Janson was a Rebel pilot.
- Anakin: Father of Luke and Leia, Anakin turns to the Dark Side and becomes Darth Vader.
- Finn: Finn was a Stormtrooper before working alongside Rey to save the galaxy.
- Poe: The finest of all the Resistance pilots.
- Armitage: A general and rival to Kylo Ren.
- Rex: A captain in the Clone Army.
- Cal: A Jedi Knight during the time of the Galactic Empire.
Star Wars Jedi names
Here are some other Jedi names you might want to consider.
The force is strong with these!
- Yoda: Arguably the most famous Jedi of all, Yoda is a small green alien from the planet Dagobah.
- Aayla: Aayla is a female Jedi warrior. She appears in both Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.
- Kit: Kit Fisto is a Jedi Master and expert swordsman who saves the life of the robot C3PO.
- Adi: Adi Gallia is a member of the Jedi High Council. She comes from the planet Tholoth.
- Depa: A Jedi from the planet Chalacta.
- Ahsoka: A Jedi Padawan, Ahsoka is paired for training with Anakin Skywalker.
- Mace: Jedi Master and one of the most senior members of the Jedi High Council.
Star Wars Sith names
The Sith are all about the Dark Side — worth considering before giving a Sith name to your bundle of joy!
But we can’t deny they’ve got style.
There are six Sith Lords, all prefaced with the title “Darth”:
What is the weirdest name in Star Wars?
There are some truly weird names among Star Wars characters.
But in a hotly contested field, our prize for the weirdest goes to Elan Sleazebaggano.
That’s not a name we’d want to give to anyone we loved!
What is the longest Star Wars name?
There are so many characters that it’s hard to know for sure.
But Padmé Naberrie Amidala Skywalker has to be up there.
And if you include Star Wars books, Hekis Durumm Perdo Kolokk Baldikarr Thun probably wins the prize.
He’s an administrator who appears in the anthology of short stories Tales of the Bounty Hunters.
How do you come up with a Star Wars name?
There are various ideas for how to do this.
One is to take the first three letters of your surname, then add the first two letters of your first name.
The result is the first part of your Star Wars name.
The first three letters of your mother’s maiden name form the second part.
So if your surname is Skywalker, your first name is Luke, and your mother’s maiden name was Amidala, your Star Wars name would be:
Okay, why does that sound so cute?
Ready to shortlist some Star Wars names?
We hope our Star Wars baby names have inspired you.
And if there’s nothing here you like, you could always make up your own!
If you’re looking for more ideas, check out our lists of space and princess baby names.
And for different film-based options, try our Disney names.
We have separate lists of Disney names for boys and for girls too.