Is your baby due near the end of April or the beginning of May? A little Taurus is on the way! Read on for our list of 56 striking Taurus baby names.
The end of April means the coming of spring (in the Northern hemisphere, that is).
Finding the perfect name for your soon-to-be Taurean can be challenging.
We’re here to help.
Read on for our list of striking Taurus names.
Some are based on the qualities Tauruses are said to have.
Others come from the color, gemstones, and flowers associated with the sign.
And then there are names inspired by the stars that form the Taurus constellation.
Let’s dive in.
In this article: 📝
- Taurus star names
- What is a good name for a Taurus?
- Gender-neutral Taurus baby names
- Which name is best for a Taurus girl?
- What is a good name for a Taurus boy?
- What are some Taurus star names?
- What is the Taurus zodiac flower?
Taurus star names
If your baby is born between 20 April and 20 May, they’ll be a Taurus — the star sign represented by the bull.
In astronomy, Taurus is the zodiac constellation in the northern sky between Aries and Gemini.
Taurus is an earth sign ruled by the planet Venus.
What is a good name for a Taurus?
Some personality traits associated with this zodiac sign are perseverance, patience, and passion.
It follows then that Taureans are said to be sensual, stubborn, dependable, and down-to-earth.
And because Taurus is an earth sign, good names for your Taurean could be those connected to earth and nature.
Other sources of inspiration?
The color associated with Taurus is green, and the birthstone is an emerald.
Here are some Taurus baby names that capture the essence of this zodiac sign.
Gender-neutral Taurus baby names
- Alaska: Meaning “great land,” Alaska has Native American origins.
- Dion / Dionne: This name of Greek origin means “child of heaven and earth.”
- Forest / Forrest: A great earthy name, this name meaning “from the woods” has French and British origins.
- Lennon: This Irish name means “lover.”
- Taura: You can’t get much more direct than this name. Meaning “like a bull,” Taura is a Latin name.
- Venus: Typically associated with the Roman goddess of love, Venus is the ruling planet of Taurus.
Which name is best for a Taurus girl?
Here are some of our favorite Taurus girl names:
- Aminah: This beautiful Arabic name means “trustworthy” and “faithful” — some of the classic traits of a Taurus.
- Ashley: With Old English origins, this name means “ash forest.”
- Bridget: Meaning “strength” or “exalted one,” Bridget has Irish or Gaelic roots.
- Chloe: Also spelled Chloë or Chloé, this name means “blooming” or “fertility” in Greek.
- Cloris: Another Greek name that means “blooming,” Cloris was the mythological goddess of flowers and spring. Pretty perfect for a Taurus girl’s name.
- Dhara: This Sanskrit name means “earth.”
- Dunia: Of Arabic origin, this name means “world” or “earth.”
- Esmeralda: Meaning “emerald” — the gemstone associated with this star sign — this name has Greek origins. A lovely shortened version is Esme.
- Fern: Another name to represent both the earth and color elements of Taurus, Fern is an English name meaning “a green plant that loves shade.”
- Gaia: This name comes from the Greek goddess of the Earth.
- Hailey: This Scottish name means “hay meadow.”
- Ila: Of Hindi origin, this beautiful name means “the earth.” It also has French and Scottish origins, meaning “from the island.”
- Imala: This Native American name means “strong-minded.”
- Jaida or Jade: This English name refers to the gemstone jade and a shade of green.
- Midori: From Japan, Midori means “green.”
- Sienna: This Italian name meaning “reddish-brown,” originated from the Tuscan city of Siena.
- Subira: This name has African origins and means “patient.”
- Tess: This lovely English name means “to harvest.”
- Valentina: This Latin name means “strong, vigorous, and powerful.” Perfect for a Taurus.
- Yori: This Japanese name means “reliable.”
What is a good name for a Taurus boy?
Here are some solid choices for Taurus boy names:
- Adam: Meaning “son of the red earth,” you can’t get much more earthy than this Hebrew name.
- Ajax: This Greek name means “of the earth.” It can also be shortened to Jax.
- Angus: This Scottish Gaelic name means “one strength.”
- Azim: This Arabic name means “resolute” and “determined.”
- Bart: This Hebrew name means “son of the earth.”
- Caleb: Another Hebrew name, this one means “loyalty” and “wholehearted.”
- Craig: With Celtic origin, this name means “rock.”
- Denver: This English name means “green valley.”
- Dimitry: Meaning “earth-lover,” this name with Greek origin is perfect for a Taurus.
- Dillon or Dillan: This Gaelic name means “loyalty, calmness, and faith.”
- Ethan: Of Hebrew origins, Ethan means “strong and enduring.”
- Ekon: This Nigerian name means “strong.”
- Fidel: Meaning “loyal,” Fidel has Latin origins.
- Flint: This English name means “rock.”
- George: This Greek name means “earth-worker” or “farmer.” As does the feminine version, Georgia.
- Hilm: Meaning “calmness, patience, intelligence,” this name has Arabic origins.
- Oran: This Irish name means “pale green.”
- Oz: This short and sweet Hebrew name means “strength” and “courage.” If you prefer a longer version, why not Ozni or Ozias?
- Pierce: Derived from Peter, Pierce means “rock.”
- Silas: Meaning “wood” or “forest,” Silas has Greek and Latin origins.
- Terran: Meaning “earth-man,” this English name is perfect for an earthy Taurus.
- Vesa: This Finnish name means “sprout” or “young tree” and is pronounced VEH-sah.
What are some Taurus star names?
Some of the names of the stars in the Taurus constellation make stellar (ahem) baby names too.
- Atlas: A great unisex name, Atlas has Greek origins and means “bearer of the heavens.”
- Elektra: This Greek name for girls means “shining, bright.”
- Maia: This girl’s name of Greek origin means “great” or “mother.” In Greek mythology, Maia is the mother of the Greek god Hermes.
And if you’re after something really unique:
- Aldebaran: Aldebaran is the brightest star in the Taurus constellation. It’s also the eye of the Taurus bull. The name Aldebaran comes from the Arabic al Dabaran, meaning “the follower.”
What is the Taurus zodiac flower?
There are four flowers associated with Taurus.
All of these (except perhaps Foxglove) are popular girls’ names.
- Poppy: Poppies are the main birth flower of Taurus. They represent strength, flexibility, and positivity. Poppy flowers are also resilient — an ideal quality for your little Taurean.
- Rose: Roses are also strongly associated with Taurus. Taureans are romantic, sensual, and artistic, as well as strong, grounded, and stubborn. The rose symbolizes passion, beauty, love, and romance while demanding respect and care.
- Foxglove: Foxgloves are flowers known for their duality: beautiful but potentially poisonous. In the Victorian language of flowers, foxgloves said, “I am ambitious for you, rather than myself.”
- Daisy: Daisies are a symbol of truth and innocence and are associated with youth, wisdom, and determination. The daisy is also associated with true love, representing the romanticism of Taureans.
If you’re looking for more inspiration, here are some names that mean earth and names that mean strength.
Good luck finding the perfect Taurus baby name!