If you’re looking for the perfect name for the trio that’s about to burst onto your scene, we’ve got you covered. Read on for our favorite triplet baby names.
All sorts of delightful things come in threes.
From blind mice to little pigs to Goldilocks’ bears, from stooges to sneezes to chipmunks — trios are a hit.
If you’re having triplets, congratulations!
It’s a rare event, happening in only one in 10,000 pregnancies.
When it comes to naming them, the great news is you get three goes on this ride.
Picking triplet baby names means not having to forfeit your faves if you have your heart set on more than one name.
There are so many routes you can go when choosing.
We’ll take you through our favorite options.
So, what are good names for triplets? One, two, three — let’s go!
In this article 📝
- What are good triplet names?
- What are good names for triplets that rhyme?
- Anagram triplet baby names
- Triplet baby names that start with the same letter
- Triplet girl names
- Triplet boy names
What are good triplet names?
Triplets are almost always fraternal multiples, meaning each baby is made of its own egg and sperm combo.
It’s possible for triplets to be any combination of the following: three girls, three boys, two boys and a girl, or two girls and a boy.
In extremely rare cases, identical triplets can result from the same egg and sperm.
When it comes to naming your terrific trio, trust your instincts.
While some mamas prefer to go for names that show the connection among their triplets, others opt for names that celebrate each child’s individuality.
Like all baby names, there’s no one way to do this.
You can choose names that:
- Start with the same letter.
- Are themed in some way.
- Refer to famous trios from history.
- Are significant in your family.
Or you can choose names that have nothing to do with one another!
Opting for three different names you like is also a great way to go, regardless of whether they’re connected.
After all, you’re going to have three unique people on your hands, and you may want their names to reflect that.
We’ll give you some ideas of avenues to take.
What are good names for triplets that rhyme?
Try out these poetic options that either rhyme outright or come pretty darn close:
- Chloe, Joey, and Zoe
- Lily, Millie, and Billy
- Colleen, Eugene, Francine (and Nadine and Maxine)
- Joe, Mo, and Bo
- Bailey, Hailey, and Kaylee
- Lila, Mila, and Ella
- Mae, Ray, and Faye
- Anne, Cheyenne, and Dan (and Fran and Stan)
- Annabelle, Mirabelle and Isabelle
- Flynn, Brynn, and Gwynn (and Quinn and Lynn)
- Josiah, Aaliyah, and Isaiah
- Holly, Molly, and Ollie (and Polly)
- Rick, Nick, and Mick
- Fred, Ed, and Ted (or Freddie, Eddie, and Teddie)
- Erin, Karen, and Sharon
- Jayden, Braden, and Hayden
- Cori, Tori, and Laurie
- Drew, Lou, and Sue
- Mickey, Nikki, and Ricky
- Andy, Mandy, and Sandy (and Brandy and Randy)
- Barry, Gary, and Larry (and Harry and Mary)
- Keri, Sheri, and Terri (and Perry and Jerry)
- Denise, Maurice, and Elise
- Lindy, Mindy, and Cindy
- John, Don, and Vaughn
- Minnie, Vinnie, and Ginnie
- Jill, Bill, and Phil
- Bonnie, Connie, and Ronnie (and Johnny and Donny)
- Dee, Lee, and Bree
- Kylie, Miley, and Riley
105 women are talking about 'triplet baby names' on Peanut. Download the app to join the conversation.
Anagram triplet baby names
Or you can opt for anagrams — same letters, different arrangements:
- Aidan, Diana, and Nadia
- Diane, Andie, and Aiden
- Aden, Dean, and Dena
- Adrien, Darien, and Randie
- Adina, Dania, and Aidan
- Lacie, Caelie, and Alice
- Evan, Neva, and Vena
- Abel, Bela, and Elba
- Adel, Dale, and Leda
- Abril, Blair, and Libra
- Alina, Illana, and Liana
- Alek, Kale, and Lake
- Ameline, Emelina, and Melanie
- Amir, Irma, and Mira
- Arnold, Roland, and Ronald
Triplet baby names that start with the same letter
Or how about names that start with the same letter:
- Audrey, Anna, and Andrew
- Britt, Brett, and Bethany
- Craig, Colleen, and Catherine
- Daphne, Diane, and Dave
- Elizabeth, Elaine, and Edith
- Faith, Francesca, and Flora
- Gary, Gordon, and Goldie
- Harriet, Harold, and Hank
- Isabel, Isolde, and Isme
- Jacqui, James, and John
- Kalil, Kaia, and Khan
- Leonora, Larry, and Liam
- Mia, Melissa, and Matthew
- Nia, Nathaniel, and Norma
- Octavia, Oliver, and Ola
- Peter, Paula, and Piper
- Quinton, Quade, and Queenie
- Ruby, Riley, and Rhys
- Sade, Sophia, and Scarlett
- Tess, Taylor, and Tim
- Uriel, Uriah, and Umar
- Vera, Veronica, and Valerie
- Xander, Xavier, and Xenia
- Yaakov, Yael, and Yaron
- Zain, Zara, and Zachary
100 women are talking about 'triplet baby names' on Peanut. Download the app to join the conversation.
Triplet girl names
- Names that mean ocean: Darya, Hali, and Mira
- Names that mean dawn: Roxana, Sahar, and Oriana
- Flower names: Daisy, Heather, and Rose (and Lily, Poppy, and Violet—this list is long.)
- Names that mean light: Alina, Ellen, and Lucy
- Names that mean moon: Mona, Luna, and Mahina
- Names that mean star: Asteria, Celeste, and Esther
- Royal names: Elizabeth, Grace, and Josephine
- Disney names: Alice, Aurora, and Belle
- Monica, Rachel, and Phoebe (They’re sure to be best of Friends.)
- Billie, Ella, and Nina (For the jazz lovers.)
- LaVerne, Maxine, and Patricia (AKA the WWII-era swing group The Andrews Sisters.)
- Amy, Meg, and Jo (From the classic novel-turned-film-more-than-once, Little Women.)
- Anne, Emily, and Charlotte (Tthe famous Brönte sisters.)
- Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy (Hamilton for the win.)
- Mary, Winnie, and Sarah (Any fans of Hocus Pocus out there?)
- Alex, Natalie, and Dylan (A powerpack of Charlie’s Angels.)
- Blanche, Dorothy, and Rose (Who doesn’t love these Golden Girls?)
- Daphne, Penelope, and Eloise (This one’s for the Bridgerton fans.)
- Phoebe, Piper, and Paige (Charmed, we’re sure.)
Triplet boy names
- Names that mean night: Gau, Altair, and Orpheus
- Names that mean ocean: Irving, Hurley, and Kai
- Names that mean light: Aaron, Bodhi, and Luciano
- Names that mean moon: Luan, Mani, and Bader
- Names that mean star: Elrond, Itri and Reeva
- Royal names: Albert, James, and Harry
- Disney names: Marlin, Kristoff, and Peter
- Kevin, Joe, and Nick (This one’s for the Jonas Brothers’ fans!)
- Bruce, Peter, and Clark (for your three little superheroes)
- Jimmy, Tommy, and Henry (These are all Goodfellas.)
- Jon, Brandon, and Rob (for lovers of Game of Thrones.)
- Mike, Lucas, and Dustin (Stranger Things have happened.)
- Chandler, Ross, and Joey (These Friends need no introduction.)
- Walter, Saul, and Jesse (for those who can’t get enough of Breaking Bad.)
- Harry, Ron, and Hermione (Any Potterheads around?)
Hopefully you’ve found a lot of inspiration on this list.
To see what names other mamas are considering, or to share your own brilliant picks, head over to the Peanut Community.
👶 More baby name guides:
100 Space Baby Names for Boys & Girls
91 Celestial Baby Names & Their Meanings
93 Baby Names That Mean Life
55 Baby Names That Mean Earth
267 Heavenly Baby Names That Mean Star
86 Baby Names Meaning Sun
79 Refreshing Baby Names That Mean Rain
40 Nautical Baby Names for Adventurous Boys & Girls
60 Breezy Baby Names That Mean Sky
150 of the Most Cool and Rare Baby Names