Turkey is a country rich in history and culture; inhabited and controlled by the Anatolians, the Byzantines, the Ottomans, and influenced by the Romans, Greeks and Persians. We get it, this isn’t a history lesson, but Turkish culture is packed with potential when it comes to Turkish baby names for your little peanut.
Keep reading for the ultimate list of Turkish names:
In this article: 📝
- What are common Turkish baby names?
- What are unique and rare Turkish baby names?
What are common Turkish baby names?
Popular and timeless, these names are long-time traditional Turkish favorites.
Popular Turkish Baby Boy Names:
- Adem: “Of the Earth.” Turkish form of the name Adam.
- Ahmet: Greatly praised.
- Ayaz: Cool breeze.
- Berat: The night of forgiveness.
- Emir: King or commander.
- Emre: “Friend” in Turkish.
- Eymen: Blessed and good fortune.
- Hamza: Lion, steadfast, strong and brave.
- Haşim: Turkish form of Hashem.
- Kaan: King of Kings.
- Mehmet: One who praises.
- Miraç: Muhammad’s ascent to heaven.
- Mustafa: Chosen, selected, appointed.
- Ömar: Populous and flourishing.
- Yusuf: “God increases”
➡️ Don’t miss our full list of Turkish baby boy names
Popular Turkish Baby Girl Names:
- Aylin: Woman with moon halo.
- Azra: Pure.
- Defne: Derived from the Greek Daphne, which means a laurel or bay tree.
- Dilara: She who delights the heart.
- Ecrin: Gift of God.
- Elif: Honest and slender like “Alif,” the first letter of the Arabic and Hebrew alphabets.
- Eylül: September.
- Hiranur: Light of the diamond.
- Isra: Freedom.
- Miray: Glowing like the moon.
- Narin: Delicate.
- Nehir: River.
- Yara: Water lady or small butterfly.
- Zehra: Blossoms, beauty.
- Zeynep: Precious gem.
➡️ Don’t miss our full list of Turkish baby girl names
What are unique and rare Turkish baby names?
Looking for a cool name that will make an impression and a statement? Take a look at these beautiful names and their meanings.
Rare Turkish names for boys
- Alp: Heroic.
- Aslan: Lion.
- Aydin: Educated.
- Cem: The one who rules.
- Deniz: Sea.
- Emin: Self-assured.
- Eren: Holy.
- Hakan: One who rules.
- Ihsan: Kind man.
- Kadir: Powerful.
- Mazhar: Esteemed.
- Ruslan: Lion - a perfect name for your strong little man.
- Taner: Born with sunrise.
- Timur: Iron man.
- Zeki: Man of intelligence.
- Zoltan: King or ruler.
Rare Turkish names for girls
- Aysun: As beautiful as the moon.
- Beste: Melodic.
- Burcu: Of sweet scent.
- Ceren: Baby gazelle.
- Damla: Drop of water.
- Ebrar: Virtuous.
- Ece: The Queen
- Ekin: Crop.
- Emel: Passion.
- Fatma: Daughter of Prophet Muhammed.
- Feray: Moon shine
- Naz: Timid
- Yaz: Summer.
- Yildiz: Like a star.
👶 Looking for more baby names? Check these out:
The Top 357 Indian Baby Names And Their Meanings
150 of the Most Cool and Rare Baby Names
250 One Syllable Girl Names
200+ Spanish Baby Names for Your Bebé to Be
60 Magnifique French Baby Names
70 Chinese Baby Names
71 American Baby Names
82 Hebrew Baby Names
49 Bellissimi Italian Baby Names
The Best 239 Arabic Baby Names for Little Boys & Girls
The Best 153 Egyptian Baby Names & Their Meanings
165 Norse Baby Names for Boys and Girls
143 Victorian Baby Names with Meanings
111 Nigerian Baby Names
88 Dutch Baby Names
98 Lithuanian Baby Names
450+ Magnificent Norwegian Baby Names (With Meanings)