Episiotomy and perineal tears
I really wish I had of prepared myself for the outcome of tears. I wasn’t and daily it was extremely painful.
I’d say my essential list would have been:
1) A very cushioned, comfortable seat (Apparently lying if you can, so you’re not putting pressure on the stitches - Not very feasible with a newborn).
2) Warm water in a squirty bottle when I went to pee, was the best thing people could have recommended!
3) Stool softener because of the tear I was petrified and ended up not going for 2/3 days after birth 😬 so these would have been a godsend!
4) Cushioned maternity pads as they didn’t aggravate the stitches.
5) Loose clothing!
6) My midwife recommended a bath twice a day with badedas. Which did help heal the wound and smells amazing.
Hoping this can help others ♥️