@Michaela can they do ECV? Or is there too much risk associated? Not sure if there is a contradiction based on what you’ve described but they give a tocolytic agent to relax the uterus & you should be given the option for an epidural or spinal which actually increases the likelihood of success. I’m planning on doing an ECV week 37/38. I’m currently 35+5.
I'm 38 weeks and footling breech. Still have no date, and my hospital has put me on the overflow list as they are so busy. I'm stressing out and have got to the point where I don't want to leave the house incase my waters go - midwife has told me I need to get on hands and knees and stick my bum in the air if it happens just incase of cord prolapse. Don't really fancy doing that in the school playground or in the shops! And my other two came at 38 weeks and were quick x
If you start natural labour they will do emergency c-section for you, it’s really annoying they say they have no space for you earlier. Talk to your midwife if they can raise it as priority x
I’m in the same situation! They went to book me in the other day and had nothing so I’m on a cancellation list if any other mums go in to labour early before their elective date. Do you know what kind of breech position your baby is in? Mine is frank breech (bum engaged in pelvis) so the chance of cord prolapse is very low because baby is blocking the exit. I think the one they worry about is if they are footling? Me and my partner have decided our threshold for calling triage whilst we wait is very low if I have ANY signs of labour, if you are worried at all call them and get checked out. X
Chances are you'll be absolutely fine. If you go into labour early you'll be taken for an emergency c section. Make sure you ring triage the minute you think labour has started to ensure you don't progress to quickly but it's rare to not have any labour symptoms and then pop out a baby within the hour! X
@Nicky this is exactly my thoughts!! I’m so scared! Did midwife say to you how rare the prolapse thing was? Xx