Miscarried 2 girls on the past and already have my boy . ππ
Read more on PeanutThe views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of Peanut.
Learn more about our guidelines.
Hi! I just had my first retrieval on Thursday as well. Also got 13 and 9 fertilized. The clinic is supposed to update me on Tuesday and Iβm so anxious. Iβm praying they progress in a healthy manner! ππ»ππ» Please keep me posted on your progress! Sending you positive vibes! β¨β¨
thank you! Same to you ! Best wishes π« ππ»

Hi! Just checking to see how youβre doing. Iβm supposed to get my 5 day update today to see if any of my eggs made it to blastocyst stage and Iβm super nervous and anxious. Constantly checking my phone and emails for the doctorβs update but no news so far. ππ»ππ»
I get news tomorrow ahh praying hard. How did yours go ?

It went ok. Only 3 out of 9 made it to advanced blastocyst so they wet biopsies and sent out for genetic testing. Praying at least one comes back normal as the odds are low for my age. Hope you get favorable feedback tomorrow.
3 is good. Remember all you need is 1 . ππ»ππ» I know what you mean Iβm 39 years old . & thank you! Iβll keep you posted

Iβm 43 urghh. Hoping we have positive news for each other soon. ππ»π Iβll probably do my second cycle soon regardless since weβve already purchased it and time is working against us. Might as well retrieve as many as possible while we still can. As long as the doctor thinks my body can handle it of course.
guess what I just the message and I also got 3 . Hoping for at least two healthy ones and praying for a girl ππ»ππ»

3 advanced blastocysts meaning? ππ»π Yay! Did they mention that theyβll give the other ones another 24 hours to see if they catch up? Whatβs what they told me. Thatβs if their donβt catch up by today, the rest get discarded. Iβm also praying for a healthy girl, but would feel blessed with any healthy baby at this point. ππ»
no they said the other five would be discarded . So 3 will get sent for testing . I have a boy already and Iβve had 3 miscarriages and two of the miscarriages were girls the 3rd miscarriage I donβt know the gender. π₯² so I think I deserve my girl hope god finds me worthy ππ»ππ»ππ»

Oh ok, guess 1-2 of my others were borderline so they gave them one final 24 hours. You certainly are worthy of having your baby girl. So sorry for all those losses. I had a natural loss last year at 9 weeks but I never found out the gender. :( Praying for us!!
Any update lol ?

Canβt tell if you were asking me? First round, I ended up with 3 embryos. Waiting for genetic testing results. ππ»π€πΌIn the meantime, Iβm on round two with another retrieval in a week or so. How about you?
oh wow so you decided on round 2 ? Iβm waiting on genetic testing on my 3 embryos . ππ»

Yes, I have no time to waste so I wanted to get more eggs retrieved ASAP and while I have momentum. Second retrieval in about a week. Still waiting for genetics results as well. Hopefully by the end of this week. Glad you got 3 embryos also! π€πΌ
any update.
I have to pay another fee /
Bill before my embryos get tested so I have to wait until 12/14 before they even test them π₯²

One was normal after PGT-A testing, one abnormal and one inconclusive. The no result one has been frustrating. We had to pay $6000 per cycle for genetic testing. Itβs crazy. I just had my second retrieval yesterday and got 15 more eggs. 13 fertilized so Iβm hoping I can get a least one more normal embryo. ππ» Hopefully you can have results before the end of the year or early January.
thank you. Hoping the inconclusive gets retested at no additional cost . And yes praying for another healthy embryo for you !! β€οΈβ€οΈ good job on completing two cycles. πͺπ»ππ»

Thanks. My doctor actually advised against retesting and explaining that the thawing, re-biopsy and re-freezing has high risk of damage to the embryo so we wonβt be retesting that one. Sheβs supposed to update me again on Sunday to see how the new set is doing and how many blastocysts it looks like are forming. ππ»
did they tell you the gender of your first embryo? How exciting

Yes, I asked for the genetics report the other day and the report disclosed it. My one normal embryo is a boy. π©΅ The abnormal one was a boy as well. :(
congrats ! Remember all you need is one healthy one! β€οΈ
just paid for 3 embryos to get tested ! I should have results on 12/29 praying for at least 1 heathy one . Since I canβt afford another round my out of pocket expenses were $3,800 for testing, biopsy and storage .

Iβm praying for both of us to get favorable generics results back!! π
update : my results were all 3 were female . 1 is normal and is good for transfer. π so happy . ππ»

Unfortunately, both embryos from my second cycle were abnormal (both male). π₯ We have a call scheduled next week to see what my doctor will recommend. Either weβre going to have to try a 3rd cycle or try transferring the one normal one we have from the 1st cycle.
Iβm so happy to hear that you got a normal one. π Do you have a potential transfer date planned yet?
I donβt have a date yet . Waiting for next steps . At least you 1 from your first cycle . Thatβs all you need ! π€ππ»

Just so nervous to use that one, since if it fails, I have no back up to try. Iβll be speaking to my doctor next week to see what she recommends.
I hear you. My other one a mosaic embryo that they said I could transfer the 3rd was not good to transfer . Iβm praying and I believe that the one healthy one will take. ππ»π

Mine two were referred to as complex abnormal meaning they had more than 2 chromosomes defects each. My other one was inconclusive and they said I could try transferring that one but Iβm scared to transfer that since it could be undiagnosed abnormal. I pray our one good one works as well. ππ»π
Keep me posted . And I will too . Currently waiting on my transfer date .

Thanks and I will as well. Will see what my doctor says this week.

Looks like weβll be embarking on our third IVF cycle. Clinicβs rates just went up too for 2024. π€¦π»ββοΈπ
Do you have a transfer date yet? Iβm hoping to try a transfer in March. ππ»
donβt have the date yet . I have to wait till my next period so they can do ultrasound blood work and medication so hopefully Feb π
yes hopefully transfer date for you for March . ππ»ππ»
We financially canβt afford another cycle right now . So really praying this works out
They did say I could transfer the mosaic embryo too as a second option . Stating it could still be normal and just the placenta tested mosaic

I totally get it. We canβt really afford it either, but taking a loan to get through. It will be our last attempt.
I pray this transfer works out for you! They told me too that I could try the inconclusive one as a back up plan, but it makes me nervous. Feels like it defeats the $$ we paid for genetic testing if there was no conclusion reached on that one. But then again, some people believe in self-correction so who the heck knows!
same thing with the mosaic embryo she said it could totally be normal as it develops
any update on your journey ? ππ» currently 20 weeks pregnant with baby girl π€°π»

Oh gosh, itβs been a while. I ended up doing a 4th retrieval but still only have one PGTA normal. I was preparing to transfer in May but things came up and it was delayed. Then my coordinator left the clinic so itβs been a bit chaotic. Currently waiting to be given a new timeline to attempt transfer.
Congrats on your pregnancy, Iβm SO happy for you!!! ππ»β€οΈπ
thank you so much ! Glad you are still pushing through you got this remember all you need is one . βπ» thatβs all I had and here I am . ππ»π«

Thank you also! β€οΈ