I had a consultant appointment the other day and my due date is 24th January. I was told everything is going perfect with baby and me and I have a choice of natural labour, csection or induction so I chose natural labour.
I was asked if I don't go into labour by my due date what will my option be and I told the consultant that I would like a C-section. She said ok and booked me in for 31st Jan.
I felt a little annoyed that she had booked me in already and booked my pre ops and bloods and everything. I didn't say anything at the time though cause that's just what I'm like.
If I change my mind is it ok to cancel the csection and continue waiting for baby to come when he's ready as long as everything is healthy with him?
The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of Peanut.
Learn more about our guidelines.
100%, it’s your choice at the end of the day not what makes their diaries easier, it’s not unusual to go 2 weeks overdue

I think your consultant is just wanting to make sure you have an appointment so it doesn’t get too close and there’s no dates available. You should be able to cancel anytime.
I literally gave birth via VBAC the day of my scheduled c-section. I gave birth at 1:51am and I was due in the hospital at 8am on the same day to wait. I had been to the pre op appointment and everything 🤣
Having the VBAC was the best decision I ever made. They did give me the choice to have the c-section but as I was in active labour it would have been another emergency c-section, which I wanted to avoid.

You can definitely change your mind and wait and I’d imagine they booked you in for incase, appointments get booked and otherwise you wouldn’t get one xx