Can I ask what’s everyone’s reason for being Induced please?? UHCW are desparate to induce me even though my gestational diabetes is under control (no medication) and I have a very mild case of cholestasis (bile acid level 16, they induce if it’s 100 or over). This is my first pregnancy and baby was measuring 6.5 pounds last Friday. My heart is telling me he won’t handle potentially 5 days of medicine and contractions. I want to wait for his due date which is 1st August and go into labour naturally but they have booked me in again for Monday now. When I asked my obstetrician if I could wait she said my clinic is full I don’t have time to see you again. This gives me the impression they just want baby out and me out of their hair??
Read more on PeanutThe views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of Peanut.
Learn more about our guidelines.
You have the right to refuse the induction. You can ask for all the medical reasons for the induction so thst you are aware but it's your baby you can always say no thank you I'm not being induced stay strong! Xx
Thank you.. they are really stressing me out, the registrar rang me saying I’ve got a higher chance of still born, scaring the life out of me. I read with the diabetes it increases by 1 percent only. I am really trying to avoid c-section and my friends that have been induced failed and they just c-sectioned them and sent them home x

My lovely if you do not consent to induction then they cannot force you. Personally I’m being induced at 38+3 because if I needed blood (had a PPH with my first) they cannot use the universal donor blood and so we need to plan delivery so that there can be blood ordered and available for me. I personally wouldn’t want an induction if it weren’t the safest thing for me x

You can end up in c-section!! Don’t do it, same situation and f them I’m not going.

My waters broke early, but even if that hadn’t happened I would have due to the gestational diabetes (well controlled also). I don’t think it’s fair to say they just want baby out, there are a lot of reasons it’s less risky - ultimately, tell them why you want what you want and they’ll explain their reasoning, then you’ll have all the information!

It's all your choice and your body.
I'm classed as high risk due to epilepsy and the risk of a seizure during child birth, but my specialist tried to push an induction. I thought about it and decided on an elective section which she never suggested to me and should have, there is no way I am risking being in labour for days getting pulled about then end up with a c-section anyway!
Could you ask for a section maybe as an option? Mainly because of the low risk factor of things going wrong. Then leave hospital when you are ready, they say 24 hours but I'll be dragging it out! X