Hi everyone,
So I am 38w2d and today went for random check up as the baby’s movement reduced . They mentioned my amniotic fluid level being lower than where it needs to be expected and advised me to be induced. I do not want to be induced despite having my pants more wet than usual as I honestly thought this is just discharge . They let me go home today but stated I need to make a decision. I’m terrified to be induced and she did mention c-section might be another option if being induced will not work. I hate medication and hate needles and was planning to go all natural ( also this will be my first birth)
Anyone going through this right now ? Should I be extremely worried about the water level although they did confirm and put some painful device to check if it isn’t broken.
The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of Peanut.
Learn more about our guidelines.
Hi, I had my little boy back in February. I was induced at 38w5d as my amniotic fluid was low and he needed to arrive. I was induced and ended up having a c-section. I was admitted on the Friday, induction started on the Saturday morning and was going into theatre by Sunday morning. The whole thing was a world-wind but he arrived happy and healthy. Feel free to message me as it sounds like it’s a similar situation to me xx

Hiya,
I was induced with my little boy at 39+1 on a Friday I had the pessary inserted on Friday afternoon and then 2 lots of the gel on the Saturday and Sunday and then was moved onto the labour ward on the Sunday evening - I had to have my waters popped and laboured for a few hours I also had the epidural which I would 100% recommend before ending up with an emergency c section. My labour was honestly so calm and relaxing honestly I can’t recommend the induction or section enough. Please don’t be worried! I will elect for a planned section next time because honestly it was such a lovely experience! Xxx

Hi, I was almost in ur situation but took a decision to have an elective C because I want me and baby to be safe. To be honest, that was the best decision I ever had because my baby was almost 9lb, which was a bit heavier side, so there no way he could have come out without the tear. So that's the same scenario at the end if u have stitches down or up, so just trust the process and think of what's best for u and the baby.
Coming to the birth story :
I was induced at 39 weeks, but nothing happened with the pill, and my pains were on and off. At 43 weeks, I gave an option for cook balloon, and I refused and opted C. In my case, baby was fine, and every normal, I'm terrified with on and off pains and don't want an epidural or episiotomy . So I requested a check for a C check the calendar went for it. Within 2 weeks, I was able to do cooking and other household errands.
I don't say to have a C but just be practical and have an eye for baby.

I’m glad he’s healthy and congrats mama - thank you for sharing your story. Definitely will message you privately

You can text me for anytime. Have. Happy baby

Thank you both does it make any difference they let me out of the hospital?
They did say to contact them if I change my mind .

In my case I went on 5th for induction tried for whole day and we got an C appointment on 8th

I was induced with my first little boy. Same as you reduced movements, went for monitoring and he wasn’t doing well - he needed to come. I was induced with pitocin as I was already 3-4cm dilated. They offered me an early epidural (which I refused and you can too). I did have e other interventions (AROM, episiotomy, forceps and vac - attempted twice each but all failed) but because of our rapidly declining situation and him also being sunny side up. They kept my partner well informed (as I was in and out of it at times) and he made the best choices for us including my wishes where absolutely possible. All I can say is that it’s up to you but weigh up the cons of each like what do you risk by leaving baby there?
Keep your birth partner well informed and keep an open mind. Sometimes these things can happen and it’s not our fault but we have to do the best we can to stay strong, happy and healthy.
You got this mama! Sending lots of hugs and well wishes your way ❤️
Feel free to msg me x

Also my induction process from the time they started pitocin until he was in my arms was just under 4hrs x

I was induced using the Foleys balloom method, its the most natural way of inducing labor, non-hormonal. Doesnt always work but worth a try as can always move to the pessary/hormones after

I was also induced and it was great, no epidural, forceps or c section required. It was my biggest fear.
But honestly once your baby is here, however they arrive - your world will be COMPLETE 😍 don’t worry too much as to how they get here❤️

I had my boy back in March and needed to be induced as fluid levels were low and reduced movement. My induction took 7 days but I gave birth vaginally (although I ripped badly. Everyone that had a c section healed within weeks because they tell you to keep the area dry but you’re constantly bleeding so it’s a mess. I ended up with an infection that I was screaming from the pain. I’m nearly 6 months PP and the scar down there is just tooooooooo sore. I will definitely go for a c section next

I was induced (Sunday 11/12) at 39 + 6 because I to had low fluid I was already scheduled to be induced that Wednesday and I had told them I wanted to wait but they had said it was a higher risk for infection. So I went with the induction and went naturally. Don’t be scared of the idea of a C-Section I made it clear with my nurses and doctors that I refused a c-section unless medically necessary. If you need to make a birth plan make it and write that down. But overall my son was healthy, I was just tired and in pain from going all naturally with no medication aside from having nitrous oxide and an IV and medication they give you after the birth.

Today is my due date but I'm 0 cm dialated with posterior cervix. The cervix is also high. The baby is doing good though. Doctor is planning to induce next week. Haven't got a date yet. Since my cervix is not ripe, Doctor is hesitant to induce as it might cause prolonged labour and end up in emergency c-section.

Thank you ladies for your stories and honestly hoping rest of the journey goes well

Low amniotic fluid is extremely dangerous for the baby and his development would be very beneficial outside the womb then inside at this point. Pack a hospital bag with all your essentials , snacks, phone chargers etc/ decide your birth plan/ labor positions and imo get induced. How exciting you’ll get to meet your little one!

Thanks literally spent the whole day waiting at the hospital as they finally admitted me . It is sad I didn’t have my birth dream plan but his health comes first