Anyone going Dubai mid April this year and booked with emirates?
are we cancelling or waiting for airline to cancel, even if it's safe to go I'm thinking to cancel just don't wanna take the risk, any advice
The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of Peanut.
Learn more about our guidelines.
Me, I am waiting for airline to let us know what’s going on we are going end of April.
Right now I’m not sure what to do.
Do you reckon it's going to be cancelled?

Me too. I am waiting for more updates. It’s 6 or more weeks away
Such an anxious wait, as in do you do holiday shopping 🤔

Always wait until the airline cancel that way you’re more likely to get a refund , as if you cancel they won’t refund or try to get out of it unless you have insurance obviously
Wish they'd just cancel, really not up for it

Hi, I’m a travel agent and also booked to visit Dubai mid April to visit family flying with emirates. If advice against travel is in place around the time of travel (usually a week before) and you’ve booked a package then the travel agency (or emirates if you booked another element with them and it’s a package) have an obligation to allow you to amend or cancel with no fees and you’re due a refund. If you decide not to go because of what’s happened, but the advice changes back to being ok, then you can amend the trip with a fee for peace of mind, usually the new holiday dates have to be within 11 months of the date you booked your ticket, or the ticket issue date if you booked a package which can be closer to departure. You can also change the route if you wish to, providing it goes via Dubai and is with emirates although will be more expensive.
I believe emirates will do all they can to stay operational and I think now this has happened, it’s unlikely to happen again.
I'm going with emirates and booked through love holidays a package holiday due to fly April 18th what do you think, I haven't paid full yet I owe a payment before I fly out?
I really don't want to go but then again don't wanna lose out on money what would you advice we've paid 2k and have 2k left to pay
Thank you for your advice, so helpful!! X
Would you recommend contacting love holidays or emirates direct x
Don't, I tried doing live chat I was 136 in the queue I gave up, even ringing r was a nightmare, ill have to stay persistent hahaha x
Live chat queue that was

I have Dubai booked too but at the beginning of May.
Will you be cancelling or wait for the airline

I will wait for the airline that way will get a full refund

We were booked with British airways and last night we received an email from them offering us a full refund.
Oh lucky you, we're booked with emirates

Hiya just an update to anyone on this post- emirates are now offering refunds to travellers up until 15th April so keep an eye out on their website over the next week or so as the 18th will likely be included x
Is that travel agent