Hi everyone! I gave birth via emergency c section 9 months ago as my baby boy was measuring big, he pooped inside so there was risk of him inhaling it and I wasn’t progressing past 3cm to have a natural birth and now I’m currently 20 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby. I’m having a consultation on Tuesday to talk about birth options and to have any questions answered but I don’t know what to ask. I feel like it would be safer having a c section again but at the same time I don’t want a c section. Does anyone have any question ideas I could ask or any advice/stories of similar situations. Tia
Read more on PeanutThe views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of Peanut.
Learn more about our guidelines.
I think they generally advise against a vbac if there’s less than a year between pregnancies due to risk of uterine erupture.

I had an emergency c section with my first due to her position and size (over due by 10 days). It was so traumatic that I didn’t have enough baby until 10.5 years later - I had him and his brother VBAC, no problem. My second was spontaneous labor at 40 w + 3 d and my third we decided to induce at 39 weeks (was roughly same size was his brother was).
I would tell them you don’t want another c section if everything is favorable ( position, size, etc) and would like to try for a VBAC. But layout what happened before snd what you want to try to avoid (long labor ending in emergency c section, uterine rupture, etc)

I think given the short time frame between births it’s worth hearing what they say about the risks of VBAC. But it’s also not a completely black and white choice. I ended up with an emergency c section with my daughter after an induction that didn’t work properly with labour of 24 hours and baby getting stressed. This time round I’ve said I would like to have a VBAC, but have booked a c section for 40 (+3) as I don’t want to go over too much and I’m terrified of stillbirth risks. I’ve also said that if I go into spontaneous labour and things are looking like they aren’t working out I would prefer to go straight into c section than spend hours trying to resolve issues naturally if I might end up needing one anyway and the consultant has said that is fine. I was in hospital 5 days before giving birth with my daughter and I really don’t want a repeat!

I was kinda forced on to birth control because I was told it wasn't safe to get pregnant until 18 months

My ob didn’t even give me a choice my kids were 17 month apart. I got pregnant with my first baby was 8/9 months.
He said if it would have been 18 month MAYBE. I would have to sign a bunch of paper work and it’s risky. I would have gotten my scar checked for thickness to try a VBAC

I'm in a similar situation, I'm 9 months postpartum and 10 weeks pregnant. I also had an emergency c section. I don't think I really have much of a choice though, my doctor told me that it's a 90% chance I'll have a c section the only thing would be if as it gets closer it seems I've heard fast and look good for vbac but it doesn't seem likely

Hi Hun, from someone who's just had an emergency c section and had a uterine rupture (previous breech, elective one, 3 years ago. I would go for a elective c section.

I had 2 under 2 (18 months apart) both were elective c sections. Although both ended up being emergency c sections as both come a few days before our elective dates. Still both were absolutely calm experiences and I’d do them all over again. I was told I could do vbac but I looked up my research and opted against it

Update: I had my appointment today and they said that 7/10 women have a successful vbac and I can definitely have a vbac if I want to but if this baby measures big like my 1st then it’ll be more risky so I’m just going to wait to see how big baby is measuring and maybe ask for an elective based on my scan tomorrow

If you don’t want a section, this is the time to go for a VBAC. Those sizing estimates are just estimates and they’re usually wrong - erring on the side of big. I don’t know anyone who was told they were having a big baby and actually did. And big doesn’t mean the baby can’t be delivered vaginally. If I were you I would get a midwife and hire a doula if you really want a VBAC. They’re your best shot at one.
looking for people who have had more positive inductions the second time round 🫣 i go in next week to get induced i was induced with my first but it took 5 days for her to come , i had the pessary then the gel twice , 2 sweeps and then got my waters broke at 1cm and put on the hormone drip which i was on for 13ish hours 😭i went in at 38+2 this time ill be 39 and as much as it wasn’t that bad other than being in for so long my little girl is autistic and im dreading being away from her for too long 🥲so im just looking to hear positive stories from people being induced the second time for some hope 🤣🤞🏻
5
My daughters just turned 2 and weee putting her in nursery for just 2 days a week starting next month
What should I be packing in her bag - what are the essentials?

6
I have been given a date for my c section when I was in my last appointment they offered to put a coil in while iam in surgery for my section as a form of contraception. Iam not too sure if I should do this incase it gives me bad side effects or messes with my hormones has anyone had this before and what was your experience like? This is my first baby and its all new to me.
6
My baby is 7 weeks old tomorrow, I had a natural birth but got a second degree tear and had other stitches for a vaginal wall repair. I'm mostly healed day to day but the sitting position when sat on the toilet causes uncomfortable pain and I can only sit for a minute or two before having to stand up which is obviosuly hard whilst trying to go to the loo😩
I had a step stool so my feet are flat on something as I'm short and they don't touch the floor but is there anything else i can be doing to nake it more comfortable or is this just my life now
3
Anyone who currently has GD or has experienced it before, please could you let me know your experience on whether you were told to be induced/c section early. I have been advised 39 weeks
5
Last night my husband and I had sex and after that my stomach was tightening and I’ve been nauseous all day my back hurts my pelvis hurts I’m 38 w 3 days ..
8