Any advice welcome!

Im hoping to have a Vbac but its not looking promising. I’m 41+3 baby is really healthy. Had three sweeps already and last one was yesterday. I just would hate if I waited till 42 and STILL had to have an induction. It’s going to crush me. I’ve postponed one induction already and have one booked again for tomorrow. I just don’t know what to do. I don’t want an elective c- section cos of the recovery and because I have a toddler. Everyone is getting impatient around me and I think that’s adding pressure. Anyone have any advice ?

Read more on Peanut

The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of Peanut.

Learn more about our guidelines.
Add a comment
Avatar

Honestly it's your body and your choice, don't be pressured by anyone around you that's not going to help you, try not to stress I know it's hard but stressing makes it worse xx

Avatar

I had my baby girl a few days ago at 41+6. I was hoping she’d come on her own so left the decision until the end but went for an induction at 41+5 as things weren’t progressing. I had the pessary in and a few hours later my contractions started, they broke my waters and it all progressed very quickly. Despite being induced I had a very positive birth story as all things progressed naturally thereafter and I managed to have a water birth like I envisioned. I personally didn’t want to leave it until 42 weeks as they would have classed me as high risk and not allowed me to stay at the birth center which I preferred.

Nobody can make the decision for you but I just wanted to share about my positive induction as there is a lot of fear around it and I was also very scared/hesitant going into it.

Sending you good thoughts and fingers crossed baby comes on their own without induction being needed 🫶🏼

Read more on Peanut

Trending

in our community

VBAC or elective?

I’m due 28th November and classed as a high risk pregnancy due to preeclampsia with my first at 37 weeks. I was about to be induced with my first but her heart rate dropped so I was taken in immediately for a category 1 caesarean in 2023. Recovery was fine for me and I am currently set to try have a VBAC this time round… however
I’m suffering so bad with PGP this time round like it’s excruciating 😣 and baby is measuring on the 77th percentile (first baby was 8lb 4oz born at 40 weeks)
I have 3 more scans and consultant appointments booked before due date with being high risk so obviously my decision is heavily dependent on how the rest of the pregnancy goes but I’m so stuck on what to do..
I’d really syked myself up to try for a VBAC this time with how my first birth went (felt like I had the experience taken away from me, obviously glad she arrived safely) but now I’m debating just having an elective cause I’m so fed up with the pain and uncomfortable and worried about labouring and not actually being able to get into positions that help because of the pain i’m in already… but I’m also terrified for a c-section (first was fine as it was that quick i almost didn’t have time to think) … the information leaflets i’ve been given is a lot of babies require oxygen support with electives and also heard the recovery for second c-section is horrendous (I also have a 3 year old and with it being near Christmas i want to be able to be present and able as much as I can) … Im so stuck on what to even try if I have the choice. I absolutely DO NOT want an induction so I’ve already said if talks about that start.. i’d opt for a c-section anyway but I just feel very very confused at the moment.
Any advice please? Think i’m just hormonal and overthinking but different midwives gives such conflicting information and advice!

Thank you 💕

Avatar

8

Newborn baby coughing up mucus

I had my baby on Friday morning via c section and he has for the last day been coughing up mucus which is bright yellow/orange in colour. He seems to struggle to cough it up sometimes, and a couple of times we’ve had to pick him up to help him because he’s almost choking with it. It seems like quite chunky mucus. Not sure if this is because he was born via c section, has anyone else experienced this? This is my second c section baby and I don’t remember this with my first.

I did ask my midwife this morning and she didn’t seem bothered but online says it needs medical attention so not sure if I should phone again 🤷🏻‍♀️

Avatar

5

Menstrual cycle after emergency c section

My first two cycles have been absolutely excruciating after my c section in July , have any other mamas experienced this? How long did it last? What helped ?

Avatar

11

prodromal labor or is it round ligament pain

I woke up around 7 because I had a menstrual cramp feeling starting on one side and my back started hurting and then now as I’m going about my day they kinda feel like stronger menstrual cramps and now on my lower back and lower stomach hurts. I’m 31 weeks , 1 day.

Avatar

5

Is this sign of early labour?

I’ve been feeling a lot of pelvic pressure for the last hour and nothing has helped! A few of the pressure I could feel in my lower back also! I’ve sat on my birth ball and that didn’t feel… I can still feel it! Baby is moving as normal! But its pressure is a lot and nothing has helped! I’m planning a home birth so not sure if I should call or not!

Avatar

5

Any advice welcome!

Im hoping to have a Vbac but its not looking promising. I’m 41+3 baby is really healthy. Had three sweeps already and last one was yesterday. I just would hate if I waited till 42 and STILL had to have an induction. It’s going to crush me. I’ve postponed one induction already and have one booked again for tomorrow. I just don’t know what to do. I don’t want an elective c- section cos of the recovery and because I have a toddler. Everyone is getting impatient around me and I think that’s adding pressure. Anyone have any advice ?

Avatar

4

Read more on Peanut