40+ 5, advice needed

So this is my second baby, first time round I had a c section, the section itself went fine but the recovery was bad (I opened back up and developed a pretty nasty infection). I’ve been so undecided on what to do this time weather to have a vbac or another c section but I was always leaning towards vbac. They want to book my induction date in now and I sort of panicked and told them I’d rather a c section because it’s what I know. I’ve heard induction can take days and I don’t wanna be away from my little boy too long, and that they may end in c section anyway. So I thought might as well skip to the c section now, I have a clinic appointment today at 10:30 to book it in I think but they might try persuade me more induction my midwife said. Am I making a silly decision with c section, should I get the induction instead? Any advice would be great sorry for rambling x

Read more on Peanut

The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of Peanut.

Learn more about our guidelines.
Add a comment
Avatar

I havent had a vbac but have had 3 v births and an emergency c section with my most recent. My gosh... c-section isnt for the weak! In all honesty I would personally take a v birth over a section any day the recovery was so much harder and more intentional - especially if you have other children. V birth hurts but you very much 'bounce back' afterwards. I personally think its worth the chance - but that's from my personal experience 💗

Avatar

Hey! I had an emergency c-section with my first and ended up with a vbac for my second. My thoughts were very much like yours!

My emergency c-section came from a failed induction so I wanted to avoid it completely (if I didn’t go into natural labour which, I thankfully did).

With my second, I did have elevated protein levels so I was actually admitted for an induction however, my consultant overrode the decision as long as I was closely monitored because of a few things that may help sway you to one decision or the other.

My cervix was closed and not favourable at all (he said that the chances of an induction ending in c-section, especially due to my history could be likely even if I had the induction) - have you had any cervical checks and know if you’re showing any signs yet? If so, induction should have a better chance of successful end results.

Have you also had any sweeps if your cervix is open?

Was your first c-section elective or was it fail to progress ?

Avatar

My previous sounds identical to yours with the recovery,....I have opted for VBAC however I have a section booked for 41 weeks exactly.
I will be refusing all induction methods including sweeps...
I don't think you are making a silly decision at all....if you are open to a cervical check then I would consider that if you really didn't want a section,....if it's slightly favourable then maybe an induction would be suitable this time....but a section this time may have a better recovery and will be controlled .... It is such a hard decision xx

Read more on Peanut

Trending

in our community

Hospital stay

First time mum here and I just want to know, how many days on average do you stay in the hospital for after birth? For both vaginal and c-section

Avatar

24

Distract me/keep me company through contractions

I am having a rough night. Been contracting on and off for 2 hours. Just started timing them and having some water before I bug my midwife. I'm only 30 weeks and panicking a little. So what's everyone up to tonight? I'm watching early Grey's Anatomy -- love me some Jeffrey Dean Morgan!

Avatar

1

17

BV?

I had bacterial vaginosis early in my pregnancy and had antibiotics to get rid of it. I’ve now had so so much white discharge that has a little bit of a stronger smell than usual, a little metallic if anything. From the smell alone I thought I was bleeding a little bit but it’s perfectly white no pink. I do have placenta previa and wondering what this is. Should I ring the doctor to get swabbed for BV again?

Avatar

1

3

Currently 40+3 days pregnant FTM have no idea what to do that could possibly help me go into spontaneous labour before my induction which is within 4 days.

Give me all the advice you possibly can please 😭 I really want to go into labour and I have had no membrane sweeps so far. I don’t know what to do and I don’t know weather I should try a membrane sweep before an induction. I’d also like to know anyone’s experience who has been induced for the first time and weather their labour went according to their birth plan.

Avatar

6

Ectopic pregnancy **

I had one in 2020 where I had my left tube removed. Afterwards I’ve had a healthy boy who is now 4! I found out I’m pregnant last night. I called to book with a midwife and I mentioned my history but they told me they don’t think they do early scans it’s just about being aware? I’m just curious, do we just sit and twiddle our thumbs hoping it’s in the right place then? I don’t have an appointment until 10 weeks.. I would’ve thought they’d be more cautious than that?

Avatar

5

40+ 5, advice needed

So this is my second baby, first time round I had a c section, the section itself went fine but the recovery was bad (I opened back up and developed a pretty nasty infection). I’ve been so undecided on what to do this time weather to have a vbac or another c section but I was always leaning towards vbac. They want to book my induction date in now and I sort of panicked and told them I’d rather a c section because it’s what I know. I’ve heard induction can take days and I don’t wanna be away from my little boy too long, and that they may end in c section anyway. So I thought might as well skip to the c section now, I have a clinic appointment today at 10:30 to book it in I think but they might try persuade me more induction my midwife said. Am I making a silly decision with c section, should I get the induction instead? Any advice would be great sorry for rambling x

Avatar

3

Read more on Peanut