Looking for the perfect name to honor the little person who is about to grace you with their presence? Read on for our favorite baby names that mean noble.
Not too long ago, royal families and their nobility ruled much of the world.
Even today, several countries still hold monarchies in great esteem.
But baby names that mean noble are not only about giving a nod to the elite.
Beyond referring to nobility itself, names meaning noble honor the virtuous and strong.
They capture qualities to aspire to, values to believe in, and traits we admire in others.
Ready to explore? Let’s get right into it with this list of our favorite noble names you can choose from.
In this article 📝
- What names mean noble kind?
- What names mean noble and bright?
- What names represent royalty?
- What names mean noble strength?
What names mean noble kind?
These baby names directly translate to noble.
Girl names that mean noble kind
- Aada: With its German origins, Aada means “noble nature.”
- Aaira: This Muslim girl’s name means “noble” or “honorable.”
- Adela: With German origins, this baby name means “noble” or “serene.”
- Alice: This girl’s name has Old English origins and means “of nobility” For fans of Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland, this name may be a particular hit.
- Alissa: A name with German origins, Alissa means “noble.” And it doesn’t end there. From its Hebrew roots, it means “joy.”
- Freya: This girl’s name means “noblewoman” and has Norse origins.
- Sarah: With Hebrew origins, this baby girl’s name means “noblewoman” or “princess.” Sarah also has biblical connections; she was the wife of Abraham in the Old Testament.
Boy names that mean noble kind
- Aadish: This boy’s name means “noble.” Other associated meanings are “intelligent,” “full of wisdom,” and “knowledgeable.”
- Aalee: With its Arabic roots, this name has multiple meanings: “noble,” “majestic,” and “highly impressive.”
- Alphonse: Alphonse has French origins and means “noble” and “ready for battle.”
- Edel: A name meaning “noble,” Edel has German origins.
- Eugene: With Greek origins, this boy’s baby name means “noble” or “wellborn.”
- Patrick: With Latin origins, this baby name means “nobleman.” This could be a top pick for fans of the 80s classic Dirty Dancing and its star, Patrick Swayze.
What names mean noble and bright?
When noble qualities and wisdom collide, magic happens.
Here are some of our favorite names that are sprinkled with it. ✨
Girl names that mean noble and bright
- Albertine: The female version of Albert, Albertine has German origins and means “noble and bright.”
- Nabila: A name with Arabic origins, Nabila means “honorable,” “noble,” and “excellent.”
Boy names that mean noble and bright
- Alfred: A name that means “wise counsel” or “sage,” Alfred has English origins. Alfred the Great is one of the most famous Anglo-Saxon kings who successfully defended his kingdom, Wessex, from the Vikings.
- Alden: With its English origins, this baby name means “wise” or “old friend.”
- Najib: This baby boy’s name has Arabic origins, meaning “noble” and “distinguished.”
- Quinn: A name meaning “intelligence” or “wisdom,” this boy’s name has Irish origins.
111 women are talking about 'baby names that mean noble' on Peanut. Download the app to join the conversation.
What names represent royalty?
Choose from these names that have a royal air (for your royal heir.) 👑
Girl names that represent royalty
- Beatrice: This baby name means “blessed” and has French origins. There have been many princesses with this name, such as Queen Victoria’s youngest daughter and Queen Elizabeth’s granddaughter.
- Elizabeth: With Hebrew origins, this girl’s name means “pledged to God.” It’s a particularly popular name for followers of the British royal family because of the current Queen Elizabeth of England.
- Diana: A name made famous by Princess Diana of Wales, this girl’s name means “divine.” It has Latin roots.
- Mackenzie: This name has Scottish origins and means “the child of the wise leader.” Bonus? It also means “attractive.”
- Malka: This girl’s name means “queen” and has Hebrew origins.
- Noor: A name with Arabic origins, Noor means “light.” A famous Noor is the former Queen Noor of Jordan, widow of King Hussein of Jordan.
Boy names that represent royalty
- Adelio: With German origins, this baby name means “father of a noble prince.”
- Cadmael: A name with Welsh origins, this boy’s name means “war chief.”
- Caedman: This interesting baby boy’s name has Irish origins and means “warrior.”
- Edward: With English origins, this baby name means “rich guardian” or “wealthy protector.” There have been many royals named Edward. Most recently, Edward VIII was King who abdicated the British throne in 1936.
- Frederick: This boy’s baby name has English origins and means “peaceful ruler.”
- Henry: A name with German origins, it means “ruler of the home.”
What names mean noble strength?
These mighty baby names tie nobility to bravery and strength. 💪
Girl names that mean noble strength
- Louisa: A name that means “famous warrior,” Louisa has French origins.
- Matilda: This girl’s name means “mighty in battle.” It may also be a favorite for Roald Dahl fans who are keen to honor his beloved bookworm. Another famous Matilda is Empress Matilda, the daughter of King Henry I of England.
- Ursula: With Latin origins, this baby name means “little bear.”
- Victoria: This girl’s name has Latin origins and means “victory.” We know it as belonging to the 19th-century queen of England. But fun fact? Her real name was Alexandrina.
- Wilhelmina: With German origins, this baby name means “willing to protect.”
Boy names that mean noble strength
- Alastair: This baby’s name has Scottish origins, meaning “guardian of the people” or “brave.”
- Alexander: With Latin origins, this boy’s baby name means “people’s defender.” The most famous Alexander was Alexander III, known as Alexander the Great, a king of the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedon.
- Arthur: With Celtic origins, this powerful name means “bear,” drawing on the animal’s strength. A famous Arthur is Arthur Pendragon, a legendary British leader who successfully defended Britain from Saxon invaders.
- Tennyson: From its Greek origins, this boy’s baby name means “follower of Zeus.” In Greek mythology, Zeus was the king of the gods, in charge of sending thunder, lightning, rain, and winds.
- William: A name with English origins, this baby boy’s name means “protector.” Many men in the royal family in England have this name, including Prince William, who is in line to ascend the throne.
All the best with your choice, mama!
👶 More baby name guides:
80 Charming Prince Baby Names
64 Baby Names That Mean Ice
67 Baby Names That Mean Ocean
75 Water Baby Names
60 Breezy Baby Names That Mean Sky
50 Kind-Hearted Baby Names That Mean Mercy
56 Harmonious Baby Names That Mean Balance
101 Brilliant Baby Names That Mean Light
68 Dreamy Baby Names That Mean Snow
267 Heavenly Baby Names That Mean Star
70 Enchanting Baby Names That Mean Night
86 Baby Names that Mean Gift from God
73 Charming Baby Names that Mean Lucky
41 Baby Names That Mean King for Your Newest VIP
79 Refreshing Baby Names That Mean Rain
40 Nautical Baby Names for Adventurous Boys & Girls
50 Enlightening Baby Names That Mean Smart